Calories on cycle?

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
If I'm gaining slow and steady at 4,000 calories/day in a natural state, how much should I up the intake during a 12 week run of testosterone at 500mg?

I've always been an ecto, should I shoot for 5,000 calories minimum?

Goal is to gain a lot of weight, maintain it post cycle, and then do a cut down to 180.

Controlfreak

Awards
There isn't really a set amount of calories needed on cycle. It's different for everybody. Being an ecto and seeing as you are already consuming 4000 a day and not getting fat, 5000 would probably be a good start. Best thing to do is monitor it. On cycle don't freak out about looking puffy from extra water you might hold from estrogen sides. If your using an ai then it's a little easier to differentiate water from fat gains and therefore easier to adjust the diet. Good luck on the cycle though, wish I could eat that much but I'm more endo/meso

dazzvxr

dazzvxr

Awards
Hey op are you gaining much fat? I'm currently on cycle and gained 5% body fat at 4000 cals a day, do you think I should drop cals or will that affect gains too much? I'm (5,10" 86kg)

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
Hey op are you gaining much fat? I'm currently on cycle and gained 5% body fat at 4000 cals a day, do you think I should drop cals or will that affect gains too much? I'm (5,10" 86kg)
You shouldn't be freaking out about a little fat gain while on a cycle. The point of a cycle is to grow as much as possible, so save the cut after pct is finished..plus as stated above water weight is stored a lot while on...so that fat you think very well maybe water retention..just eat, make sure you get all your macros in, then eat some more..don't beat yourself senseless about how many cals you consume, just meet your goals...you can find your cal maintenance on calculators all over the internet, then you will know where to start.....

dazzvxr

dazzvxr

Awards
Cheers dude, shouldn't be holding much water as I run an ai but I suppose it could still account for some of it, when I first started the cycle I wasn't too fussed about gaining fat but when I saw I was up 5% this early I thought it might be time to switch it up a little.. I may adjust my calories slightly to try and balance it out a little

GeraldNY181

GeraldNY181

Awards
the great thing about juice is that whatever you take in you keep (compared to being natural) instead of just pooping most of it out everyday. You'll probably gain a pound a day eating 5000 calories.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
dang, on a 10 week cycle youd gain 70lbs...