Critique my diet plan?

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
2012 was the worst year of m life. With 2013 starting it looks like I'm getting a divorce. But I'm finally ready to hit the weights seriously again. Since it been so long I would appreciate some advice on the meal plan. Looking to get some size first to kinda give myself a ego boost. Then once I get a bit of mass I plan strength training and building up some density/quality.

Current height and weight - 155lbs, 5 10

I have an extremely light bone structure so I'm not and tiny as I may seem but def the smallest I have been in years. But thats what life can do to you. Important thing is I'm ready to move forward again..

Next

Totals3,349 420 98 217

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
looks pretty good op. alot better than most i see

jonpaulevans

jonpaulevans

Awards
you could add more veggies. try some broccoli with your eggs. add carrots to your snack. I'd watch the fruit before bed but the yogurt is a good idea. try adding a scoop of cassien protein to the yogurt and some sliced almonds instead for a pre bedtime snack. That avocado snack would make me sick after a while and i bet it gets a bit expensive. try your original bedtime snack in place of this and throw the avocado on your salad or in your eggs. your protein is high enough if you drop a scoop of protein too - don't believe the hype 1g per pound of LEAN body mass is more than adequate. Going to 1.5 per pound is fine for bulking and if youre going anabolic 2g per pound is understandable. good luck in 2013 pal. im only adding some suggestions to your diet, which isn't bad.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It isn't bad, imo. However, I would consider improvements by:

1) Dropping pb&j and going for a freshly sliced turkey breast sandwich. I recommend the sun-dried tomato turkey breast from Wal-Mart. Delicious.

2) Dropping OJ and replacing with a carb shake mixed with matodextrin or BCAA's, or both. I like CarboGain but I think there are other brands out there too like NP.

3) I also agree that more veggies is a good idea.

And as a tip if you ever venture into baked potatoes - you can use plain greek yogurt in place of sour cream (tastes exactly the same) except greek yogurt is slightly more sour than sour cream. It's a great addition to potatoes and burritos because it increases protein and has no fat in it. Just a thought, anyways.

And as an example, my potato would look like this:

400g russett potato, skinned ~ 350 calories
1 tbsp MCT oil ~ 100 calories
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt ~ 65 calories ( I originally put 90 calories. That was wrong)
4 tbsp salsa - 20-30 calories

It's an awesome meal about 2-3 hours before hitting the weights....

jonpaulevans

jonpaulevans

Awards
My gf eats a ton of Greek Yogurt - one day I tried it on a potato bc I thought it tasted like sour cream and BAM! I prefer it to sour cream now. I also eat Greek Yogurt with choc or vanilla protein powder, sliced almonds, blueberries and dry oats. There aren't many other foods that make me feel as good as this.

fueledpassion I will be trying your little recipe for breakfast, then I'll have a shake 90 mins later and hit the gym an hour after that. I'll let you know how I feel.

My shake is
8oz skim/low fat milk
scoop Dymatize choc whey
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1 tsp BCAA
1/3 cup dry oats

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
yogurt on baked taters! stellar idea, may have just found my new niche....

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yogurt on baked taters! stellar idea, may have just found my new niche....
Literally anything you put sour cream on, fajitas, burros, baked potatoes, French onion soup mix for French onion dip. How did you not know about this tech?! You so crazy

- Valdez

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's wrong with sour cream?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Nothing, if you don't mind the extra fat. It's just that ***e Greek Yogurt has 23g protein in one cup, zero fat, and a low amount of sugar (I think 9g). It's a really good option to help balance out the starches with protein and it makes for a better pre-workout meal too. There are plenty of fats to be had with seafood, steaks and eggs. Besides, protein requirements are much harder to reach than fat requirements, especially if you like to have a specific ratio between your protein and carbs.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Not as much protein man! You get that email?

- Valdez

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not as much protein man! You get that email?

- Valdez
Yup thanks. I will probably look over it during spring break

TexasGuy

Awards
I wouldn't change a thing but to add more veggies.

You can buy Ranch flavor packets and mix it in to yogurt to dip carrots, celery, tomatoes and what ever else in. Add it to your snack for some additional protein. Assuming you like Ranch of course.

Add some greens to dinner.