I'm Overthinking This

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    Not with rear laterals and facepulls in the mix along with his rows, as previously mentioned.
    I still doubt that those can match the amount of a trashing the average gym person places on their anterior delts after a bench session.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Exactly. Youll see guys in the gym doing sets of overhead press, then 4 sets lateral raises, then 4 sets front raises. After all that they'll finally do some bent over rear delt flys with 5 pounders.

I think your average gym go-er have under developed posterior delts.
    Generally speaking, yes. We don't really know if the OP has any imbalances. The routine itself doesn't necessarily favor front delts. His shoulder day already incorporates two rear delt exercises, his back day will hit them as well with rows and pulldowns/ups. If anything he can add band pull aparts or reverse flys for more volume though I don't think he will need it.

He certainly shouldn't let a weak link dictate his program. Train it up IF it even develops.

If the OP already has an imbalance then sure, don't feed it. But my response is to his routine, not what I assume his shoulders look like based on bromos at my gym.

3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    I still doubt that those can match the amount of a trashing the average gym person places on their anterior delts after a bench session.
    I'm not musing randomly about average gym goers. I'm talking about the specific outline in this thread.

•   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Answers

Generally speaking, yes. We don't really know if the OP has any imbalances. The routine itself doesn't necessarily favor front delts. His shoulder day already incorporates two rear delt exercises, his back day will hit them as well with rows and pulldowns/ups. If anything he can add band pull aparts or reverse flys for more volume though I don't think he will need it.

He certainly shouldn't let a weak link dictate his program. Train it up IF it even develops.

If the OP already has an imbalance then sure, don't feed it. But my response is to his routine, not what I assume his shoulders look like based on bromos at my gym.
    I was just making a general assessment in agreement to Jigz's post, not meant towards you or the OP specifically. I jumped into this convo late..
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I was just making a general assessment in agreement to Jigz's post, not meant towards you or the OP specifically. I jumped into this convo late..
    I know. I'm not jumping on you, I was just using your post to elaborate. Tone is hard to convey online

6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Answers

loud noises!
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Answers

And Brick killed a guy!

8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

For shoulders, I did not do the front raises, I have put in side lateral raises in until I find another lift.

For back, I added the T-bar rows and doing wide grip seated rows.

For chest, I added DB Pullover *back, chest, SERRATUS* lol, obviously added for a reason

Legs and arms seem to be good as is.

I also pulled a 2-a-day, hitting shoulders am and back pm. Mostly due to being bored and hyper with only one thing on my mind. So, i'm unsure as what I will do tomorrow.

Diet wise, i'm up 5 pounds...today lol. But, I feel at 180, that 3,000 calories will end up just being maintenance. I'm feeling that a good bulk from this cycle will set me up very well for a May cut/recomp with a 60mgTrenavar/10mgDMZ combo that I got a while back called, Pro Trenazine. Now, with diet in mind what do you all think would be a could caloric goal for me. The macros currently are quite in check, and maybe adding in a 800-1k calorie protein shake into the mix would have me making ALL KINDS OF GAINZZZ.

What do you all think?
    I don't go lift, I don't go workout, I don't go train....I go get sexy....sexy as fwuark!!!!!!!!!

9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

I'm not musing randomly about average gym goers. I'm talking about the specific outline in this thread.
    In any case, the anterior deltoids are placed under enormous stress during chest day and barely any stress is placed on rear delts during standard barbell rows. Have a read of this; http://www.unchainedfitness.com/blog...cle-activation

It outlines the amount of stress the anterior deltoid gets over that of the rear deltoid due to the number of exerices that specifically include the anterior deltoid whether as a prime mover or synergist. Not to mention many people perform much more variations of the bench press and with high volume but conversely tend to have much lower volume for rear delt specific exercises (i.e. rear delt flys and band pull aprts/ face pulls etc.)

10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    In any case, the anterior deltoids are placed under enormous stress during chest day and barely any stress is placed on rear delts during standard barbell rows. Have a read of this; http://www.unchainedfitness.com/blog...cle-activation

It outlines the amount of stress the anterior deltoid gets over that of the rear deltoid due to the number of exerices that specifically include the anterior deltoid whether as a prime mover or synergist. Not to mention many people perform much more variations of the bench press and with high volume but conversely tend to have much lower volume for rear delt specific exercises (i.e. rear delt flys and band pull aprts/ face pulls etc.)
    We can agree to disagree where this specific routine in this thread is concerned.

I am not arguing the general gym populace.

11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Duh, we are all arguing over me. Gosh I feel like high school prom queen yo, so f'ing popular omfg, boys be all arguing about me and ish.

The shoulder issues have been addressed and fixed. I just need some input on the diet now fellers
    I don't go lift, I don't go workout, I don't go train....I go get sexy....sexy as fwuark!!!!!!!!!

12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xigotmailx View Post
    For shoulders, I did not do the front raises, I have put in side lateral raises in until I find another lift.

For back, I added the T-bar rows and doing wide grip seated rows.

For chest, I added DB Pullover *back, chest, SERRATUS* lol, obviously added for a reason

Legs and arms seem to be good as is.

I also pulled a 2-a-day, hitting shoulders am and back pm. Mostly due to being bored and hyper with only one thing on my mind. So, i'm unsure as what I will do tomorrow.

Diet wise, i'm up 5 pounds...today lol. But, I feel at 180, that 3,000 calories will end up just being maintenance. I'm feeling that a good bulk from this cycle will set me up very well for a May cut/recomp with a 60mgTrenavar/10mgDMZ combo that I got a while back called, Pro Trenazine. Now, with diet in mind what do you all think would be a could caloric goal for me. The macros currently are quite in check, and maybe adding in a 800-1k calorie protein shake into the mix would have me making ALL KINDS OF GAINZZZ.

What do you all think?
    If you are already at maintainece or slightly above at 3000kcals, then adding 1000kcals is a tad excessive if physique is your goal. Considering the body can only synthesize a small portion of muscle in any given time frame. You will undoubtably grow on a 1000kcal excess diet but most of which will be fat as opposed to muscle. Strength will undoubtably rise though with such an excess

13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Answers

500 cals above maintenance would be considered an aggressive bulk in most circles, generally people shoot for 300. If you're gunning for as much muscle as possible, try 500 and re-assess a few weeks in.

14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

The reason I'd think that 1,000 over maintenance would be feasible at this point is that, with every SD cycle I have done, I normally gain around 10 pounds. Even if I eat under maintenance I still gain around 10. I suppose I should continue on 3k until I hit 185 and then up it. I have never ran a cycle while counting macros before, so hopefully this time results are much better. You guys are right though, I shall assess as I go

15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Answers

The reason I'd think that 1,000 over maintenance would be feasible at this point is that, with every SD cycle I have done, I normally gain around 10 pounds. Even if I eat under maintenance I still gain around 10. I suppose I should continue on 3k until I hit 185 and then up it. I have never ran a cycle while counting macros before, so hopefully this time results are much better. You guys are right though, I shall assess as I go
    I thought you were going to run a cycle in May when you cut, my mistake. You may want to head to the anabolics forum and ask there.

16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Oh no, I'm running the cycle now of SD and then in May I'll run another cycle to cut/recomp. Gotta love them "supps" HAHA

17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

oh SD changes the game plan; I interpreted it the same way texas did.

18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Lol, it's the second sentence in the first post

19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Been a long time since I read that first post haha

20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Well now that it is established, I am on Day 2 of SD, you think I should probably aim higher in cals?

21. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

High cals. Make sure you get more carbs than usual. Sd runs off carbs.

22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

My last run of SD was on a low carb diet around 2k cals, still with a 12 pound gain. I'm gonna stick on 3k for this week and start upping it more and more. Probably with more carbs because the lethargy is BS

23. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

What sd you running? I need to get some stuff that works for my next cycle.

24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Methastadrol, I can't remember what company but I did get it before the ban. I think it's a little underdosed so I'm going 30/30/30/30 this time

25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Methastadrol, I can't remember what company but I did get it before the ban. I think it's a little underdosed so I'm going 30/30/30/30 this time
    Hardrock supplements
    MYOKEM ATHLETE & REP
    PSALMS 62:1- 62:2
    MAGNITROPIN/ALPHADEX/PRYOXAMINE/NITRAMINE

26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

A little update on the bulk. Eating at 3k calories a day, now on day 9 of SD: LOST 13 pounds????? WHAT THE **** is going on?

27. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

What? You taking all your support supps and staying hydrated? 13 lbs. doesn't sound too good.

28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah, i'm taking everything that I normally took the previous cycles and the weight just isn't holding. I'm going to start aiming for 4k cals now to see if that fixes the problem

29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Answers

A little update on the bulk. Eating at 3k calories a day, now on day 9 of SD: LOST 13 pounds????? WHAT THE **** is going on?
    Have you been measuring for lean mass? Could be water although I think your particular supp can cause water retention. 13 pounds in nine days would be a pretty significant amount of anything else though.

I don't see how your diet and routine could lead to a 13 pound drop in nine days at all and would head over to the anabolics forum to see if you can get some info. on your supp.

30. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Is there any change in strength?

31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Strength is increasing everyday, just about every lift. I'm just worried about the enormous weight loss, normally the weight is put on during the beginning of SD

32. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Sounds like fat and water weight lost. As long a your strength is increasing, I wouldn't worry too much. I had no effects at all until day 10, so could get gains in weight in the next few days. My advice would be just keep going.

33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I wasn't planning on stopping thats for sure, just 14 pounds is huge and my weight has continued to drop from an AM to PM weigh-in. Such as I'll weigh more in the morning and less in the evening after eating all day. It just doesn't make any sense. I can tell the SD is working because my tell has always been the skin on my shin feeling like it's going to rip open

34. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I'm just about to start using this. Does it seem worth it?

35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Can you elaborate more? Do you mean the SD?

Update: Doc results were inconclusive, weight now is back to 180+

36. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I mean this brand of sd. I know there is a lot of bad clones about. Is this one legit?

37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Yes, personally I feel it's a little underdosed but I may have built a slight immunity to SD being is I always run it. My money spot for this is 30, but your dosages will be based off your personal comfort. I grabbed 4 bottles of the same stuff, this is my 2nd and 1 my cousin is running right now, the 4th will be for the summer. Lol all that side info aside, yeah it's good :P

38. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Havent read everything in here but caught that you were down 13lbs on SD. What brand are you running. Did you buy from a retialer or off a person? I think the caps may of been switched with CLenbuterol with those numbers. J/K.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

39. New Member
    Answers

haha, more time eating meals/ less time planning meals....eating to bulk sucks if your a hard gainer but if you dont then you wont.

40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Aww thanks for posting in this. I finally ended hitting 190 and have been maintaining around 187. Very successful cycle, the weight loss is still a mystery

The weight loss to 172 was definitely water weight or something going on, everything added onto 172 was good REAL GOOD

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. maybe this will help BDC, creatine info.
    By ralph4u2c in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 05:11 PM
  2. This may sound dumb...
    By Lifeguard in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-01-2008, 03:38 PM
  3. how bout this?
    By sage in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-02-2002, 03:25 PM
  4. Should I buy this????