Former athlete BULKING

3_staxxx

3_staxxx

Awards
Happy new year people...
So I'm looking to get pretty serious In the weight room and my diet. I've been a football player for years and now I'm coaching.
I haven't worked out since September, but it takes me no time to get swoll again. I'm currently 6'1 223lbs but looking to bulk up to 245-250lbs. By April. The most I've ever weighed is 230lbs. But chiseled and thick.
I need help with:
1) Proper supplements(Protein, creatine, BCAAs, multi vitamins, pre&post etc. )
2) meals/ proper foods
3) how much weight weekly I should look to gain

** Thanks peeps! I'm open to all help from knowledgeable peeps

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
You have to set more realistic goals unless you dont mind getting really fat or using steroids.. 22-27lbs of muscle in 20 weeks naturally is impossible

3_staxxx

3_staxxx

Awards
You have to set more realistic goals unless you dont mind getting really fat or using steroids.. 22-27lbs of muscle in 20 weeks naturally is impossible
Well I guess 240lbs would be more like it? I wouldn't mind weighing that and looking 250lbs. Any supplement suggestions? I don't believe in roids.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Well I guess 240lbs would be more like it? I wouldn't mind weighing that and looking 250lbs. Any supplement suggestions? I don't believe in roids.
Lets start with diet first.. What does yours look like meaning calorie intake and macro breakdown carbs protein and fat?

TexasGuy

Awards
I played college football a few years ago ftr.

Look up Doggcrap training and the corresponding diet. It will lay it all out and it is awesome.

Personally I supplement creatine at 5 grams daily, CoQ10 at 200 mg before lifting, Optimum Nutrition opti-men vitamin, liquid fish oil for a high EPA/DHA content and bcaa. Sounds like a lot but it isn't.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established

Look up Doggcrap training and the corresponding diet. It will lay it all out and it is awesome.

Personally I supplement creatine at 5 grams daily, CoQ10 at 200 mg before lifting, Optimum Nutrition opti-men vitamin, liquid fish oil for a high EPA/DHA content and bcaa. Sounds like a lot but it isn't.
You obviously dont want advice on how to bulk. Head over to the subforum for supplement advice

TexasGuy

Awards
You obviously dont want advice on how to bulk. Head over to the subforum for supplement advice
No, 3staxxx does. The supplements were in reference to his first question, doggcrapp answers the second on both accounts and I ignored the third as there are way too many variables to say.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
No, 3staxxx does. The supplements were in reference to his first question, doggcrapp answers the second on both accounts and I ignored the third as there are way too many variables to say.
Whoops lmao

3_staxxx

3_staxxx

Awards
Lets start with diet first.. What does yours look like meaning calorie intake and macro breakdown carbs protein and fat?
To be honest I haven't tracked it since last summer- I ate what I've wanted. I'll begin this transformation on the Jan. 17 after my move and $ in my pocket. I'll be lookin for menu ideas for breakfast to midnight snacks shortly.

3_staxxx

3_staxxx

Awards

Very helpful, I've looked up the DC workout but not the diet yet. What does the CoQ10 do for you? You don't take any protein- or do you leave it up to your food intake to complete that?

TexasGuy

Awards
Very helpful, I've looked up the DC workout but not the diet yet. What does the CoQ10 do for you? You don't take any protein- or do you leave it up to your food intake to complete that?
COQ10 increases muscular energy.

http://www.building-muscle101.com/benefit-of-coenzyme-Q10.html

http://www.livestrong.com/article/443866-coq10-dosages-for-weightlifting/

I use protein if I'm cutting and want to hit a high level of protein without all the calories. I can only eat so many chicken breasts and tuna cans. When bulking, I use food. Bring on the steak and eggs.

3_staxxx

3_staxxx

Awards
I use protein if I'm cutting and want to hit a high level of protein without all the calories. I can only eat so many chicken breasts and tuna cans. When bulking, I use food. Bring on the steak and eggs.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the steak and egg comment. Ok thanks again. I'm going to stay away from it for a couple more years. Just started Fri- money is low, I'll have my supplements in 2wks

GeraldNY181

GeraldNY181

Awards
4 or 5 lbs a month of "weight" is normal if your trying and dont care that its not all muscle, that would give you 4 months to 6 months which is doable naturally, especially if you hit heavy compound movements and stay simple with intense squating, deadlifting benching etc.

3_staxxx

3_staxxx

Awards
4 or 5 lbs a month of "weight" is normal if your trying and dont care that its not all muscle, that would give you 4 months to 6 months which is doable naturally, especially if you hit heavy compound movements and stay simple with intense squating, deadlifting benching etc.
Thanks man, now I'm getting ready to start cutting for the summer(212-215ish). I'm still 225lbs but muscular toned. Looking to gain AB definition and veiny shoulders... Open to supplements and diets that work, any suggestions? Junk food will be tough to put aside.