Should I Bulk or Cut? (pics inside)

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by CCV3 View Post
    I don't know, maybe 15% ?

    Don't worry you aren't fat. If someone were to look at you the last thing they would think is that you are fat and need to cut.

    I am fat right now. Whatever though, it's part of the game...
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    That depends on what kind of surplus you have. If one were to gain 15 pounds over the course of a year or more I think a good deal of that could be muscle.

    As opposed to gaining 15 pounds in a month or two, where you are right and maybe 5 pounds of that will be muscle.
    So i bulked from 155, to 170. Should i hit 185 SLOWLY?


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332
    Screw cutting.

    Just get big. What 16 year old days "man maybe I should shred some fat off and be nice and lean" **** that, when I was 16 I wanted to be huge.

    Just eat healthy and lift heavy and your body will respond. That alone puts you above the rest of your peers.
    Agreed, you have some natty weight to gain, just focus on eating good and lifting heavy with good form...hell when I was first starting out at age 17 I could care less about cutting...I just wanted to get big, now as you get older your goals change because unfortunately your body changes, so cutting when your older and have that mass you want is better, unless you start competing at a young age...another thing,just my opinion getting training routines and diets online isn't the best idea...it's better to talk to someone knowledgeable in person, a personal trainer or even a veteran at your gym...to help you get on the right track
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by B3ast View Post

    So i bulked from 155, to 170. Should i hit 185 SLOWLY?
    I would just bulk to the point where you are happy with the way you look. That might be 185 or 205.

    A lot of times a well done lean bulk can actually make you leaner by increase muscle mass without significantly increasing (and sometimes decreasing) fat mass.

    Also eating every two hours doesn't matter. Nutrient timing is nit.important for overall physique goes, set your total kCal and Macros and hit those numbers everyday. It doesnt matter how many meals it takes.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I would just bulk to the point where you are happy with the way you look. That might be 185 or 205.

    A lot of times a well done lean bulk can actually make you leaner by increase muscle mass without significantly increasing (and sometimes decreasing) fat mass.

    Also eating every two hours doesn't matter. Nutrient timing is nit.important for overall physique goes, set your total kCal and Macros and hit those numbers everyday. It doesnt matter how many meals it takes.
    What is a good macro split for a lean bulk?

  5. Quote Originally Posted by B3ast View Post
    What is a good macro split for a lean bulk?
    I generally go for a minimum of 1g protein per lb of bodyweight and .5g fat per lb and then just use carbs and fats to fill in the rest of the of the kCal I need.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    That depends on what kind of surplus you have. If one were to gain 15 pounds over the course of a year or more I think a good deal of that could be muscle.

    As opposed to gaining 15 pounds in a month or two, where you are right and maybe 5 pounds of that will be muscle.
    5 pounds of muscle in a year and I'm a happy camper.
    If I put on 15 pounds in a month or two it would probably be 7 pounds water, 6 pounds fat, and 2 pounds muscle. Not worth it.

    Hey, everyone grows differently though...
    I'm naturally about 145, so maybe that's why...
    Get shredded or die mirin'

  7. Quote Originally Posted by CCV3 View Post

    5 pounds of muscle in a year and I'm a happy camper.
    If I put on 15 pounds in a month or two it would probably be 7 pounds water, 6 pounds fat, and 2 pounds muscle. Not worth it.

    Hey, everyone grows differently though...
    I'm naturally about 145, so maybe that's why...
    And I also assume you aren't 16, which makes a difference.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    And I also assume you aren't 16, which makes a difference.
    Lol, so like 35/35/30. ok? or something

  9. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    And I also assume you aren't 16, which makes a difference.
    Very true.
    Get shredded or die mirin'

  10. 40/40/20, 40/30/30, 50/30/20

    no one can tell ya dude, everybody's body is different. cycle macros around or don't even worry about macros, just eat. if you get fat-eat less. if you don't gain-eat more. I worry less about macro ratios when bulking
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    •   
       


  11. I don't really know why you are sweating it. Just lift heavy, eat big and get big. When I was 16 I could eat 2 double cheeseburgers and go to bed like nothing. I was literally drinking the steak juice off the plate.
    Get shredded or die mirin'

  12. ^exactly

    stop worrying about the little stuff. your body will do more than you expect it
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    40/40/20, 40/30/30, 50/30/20

    no one can tell ya dude, everybody's body is different. cycle macros around or don't even worry about macros, just eat. if you get fat-eat less. if you don't gain-eat more. I worry less about macro ratios when bulking
    I need to do that clean bulk!

  14. op, at 16 years old, you are still growing. even if you diddnt lift, by the time you are 20-25, you will still be about 15-20lbs heavier than you are right now., if you eat clean, and lift smart, you are not only going to continue growing into early adulthood, but the results will be better than you can imagine right now. at this point, you are definatly on the right track. dont think of it as cut-bulk right now, but think of it as the late stages of growing into a man. youl see what i mean later.

  15. op, i dont mean to come off sounding like dad or something, (my son is 24) but sometimes conversations like this reminds me of how fast young people live today. the info overload would have freaked me out at 16,( back in 1983) lol, we had to search the library for hours sometimes just to find what you can google in 2 seconds today. lol., take your time bro, you will grow, just make every rep count.

  16. Like a few guys have stated already. Start a strength program like starting strength or 5/3/1. If you want to be a beast you gotta eat like one, train like one, and sleep like one. You need muscle right now more than anything. It's a lot easier to cut the fat while your still young. I'd get up to about 200 then start talking about a lil cut. Good luck

  17. Thanks guys

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Screw cutting.

    Just get big. What 16 year old days "man maybe I should shred some fat off and be nice and lean" **** that, when I was 16 I wanted to be huge.

    Just eat healthy and lift heavy and your body will respond. That alone puts you above the rest of your peers.
    Lol. All the 18-19 yr olds at my college gym do chest, arms and abs! That's what the girls like!

    OP, if you keep up with a steady good routine and put legit muscle on, your body will naturally lean out and you will burn more fat. Stick with a good clean diet like all these guys are saying.
    You are a good age to put on a great muscle base. I wish I would have started at your age.

    I'm not knocking you for being young, but a lot of young guys I see working out in the gym are not doing things correctly. If you master the correct form you will see very good results.

    Good luck dude.
    I can't believe that God put us on this earth to be ordinary. - Lou Holtz

  19. Bulk!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Should I keep bulking or cut? Pics inside.
    By Qulzam in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-13-2012, 06:17 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-18-2009, 03:07 PM
  3. Bulking body, or cut? (PIC)
    By someguy1984 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 02:04 PM
  4. Should I Bulk or Cut?
    By WILL DA BEAST in forum Bulking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Log in
Log in