Current: 340lbs

Pictures:

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Beast. If I remember from past threads you are still young but perform high volume workouts. My recommendation would be to stay away from bulking or cutting steroid compounds for now. Keep your diet clean, continue to naturally bulk from hard work. You seem to be a good kid and I'd hate to see you hurt. IMHO

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
I'd say bulk, you need some more thickness in your back and shoulders, but do it clean or you will end up looking more sloppy.

This is coming from a guy that never cuts though hah

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
Beast. If I remember from past threads you are still young but perform high volume workouts. My recommendation would be to stay away from bulking or cutting steroid compounds for now. Keep your diet clean, continue to naturally bulk from hard work. You seem to be a good kid and I'd hate to see you hurt. IMHO
Im 16? I do not know why you think bulking will injure me, tbqh

dmmcclair

dmmcclair

Awards
He's talking about steroids I think, bulking would be good you have a good foundation but you need some thickness aim for like 20 lbs then cut

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
What are your stats?
Age height?
Eat clean and focus on heavy compound lifts.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
If its any reference I'm 5'8" and weigh 185 in my avi, with about 15-17% BF

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Talking about bulking using steroids.

You are not "fat" just a growing teen. Again, if I know teens, their diet is terrible. So, I'd say clean up your diet if it involves any " fast food" and leanly bulk for 20 more pounds while still doing your previously threaded high volume lifts. Check out the nutrition section for ideas on food types and meals.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Talking about bulking using steroids.

You are not "fat" just a growing teen. Again, if I know teens, their diet is terrible. So, I'd say clean up your diet if it involves any " fast food" and leanly bulk for 20 more pounds while still doing your previously threaded high volume lifts. Check out the nutrition section for ideas on food types and meals.
When was he talking about using AAS?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jim, I've been following his posts. This is a good kid here that in another thread had someone suggest AAS to him. I wanted to make sure he, at 16, didn't start thinking of steroids. I'm just a father concerned for someone's son, that's all.

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
Looks like you need to add some weight so obviously bulk, but clean...don't want to look more flabby than muscular...as others have stated add some thickness..
Idk what your routines like, but heavy weight for 5-8 reps is great for adding mass...work on your big 3 lifts and as those become stronger you will add mass...also bb row is great for adding thickness to your back...just make sure form is on point as with all other lifts...

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jim, I've been following his posts. This is a good kid here that in another thread had someone suggest AAS to him. I wanted to make sure he, at 16, didn't start thinking of steroids. I'm just a father concerned for someone's son, that's all.
I don't think you have to worry about him going to AAS. He's getting a lot of good mentorship from the guys here.

I was just confused as to where you got AAS from.
Looks like you need to add some weight so obviously bulk, but clean...don't want to look more flabby than muscular...as others have stated add some thickness..
Idk what your routines like, but heavy weight for 5-8 reps is great for adding mass...work on your big 3 lifts and as those become stronger you will add mass...also bb row is great for adding thickness to your back...just make sure form is on point as with all other lifts...

AB has been designing his routine.

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
Oh ok good...you will be golden man, starting young at your age is going to pay off..

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
I think i will cut down to around 9 as i am looking around 17% bodyfat,

what do you guys think?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So lean bulk it? A bit over mainteance and clean foods? + cardio
Ya I would go about +250--500 calories plus some cardio...3-4 times a week. Or just keep your workouts intense and rest periods down. Really all depends on your metabolism rate. But at your age I would think its still high.

CCV3

CCV3

Awards
  • Established
You should get up to 190-200 before thinking about a cut.

TexasGuy

Awards
No, you're not fat, OP. And I'm not trying to be mean but you don't have any muscles either. I don't think you should bulk or cut at this point. You need to build strength.

Look in to powerlifting or olympic lifting routines and do them. When you have a decent level of strength, start bulking.

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
You should get up to 190-200 before thinking about a cut.
190? I think i will be safe bulking to 185, i do not have much ,mass which sucks. Slow, clean bulking to 185. What bodyfat you guys think i am?

No, you're not fat, OP. And I'm not trying to be mean but you don't have any muscles either. I don't think you should bulk or cut at this point. You need to build strength.

Look in to powerlifting or olympic lifting routines and do them. When you have a decent level of strength, start bulking.
AB is making my routines, and i am clean bulking to 185ish, what bodyfat you think i am?

TexasGuy

Awards
190? I think i will be safe bulking to 185, i do not have much ,mass which sucks. Slow, clean bulking to 185. What bodyfat you guys think i am?

IAB is making my routines, and i am clean bulking to 185ish, what bodyfat you think i am?
I don't know who AB is but if you're on a decent routine, keep at it. It's hard to discern body fat levels by picture. I'd say the not fat level.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Screw cutting.

Just get big. What 16 year old days "man maybe I should shred some fat off and be nice and lean" **** that, when I was 16 I wanted to be huge.

Just eat healthy and lift heavy and your body will respond. That alone puts you above the rest of your peers.

CCV3

CCV3

Awards
  • Established
I mean, it's really how your body works.
For me, I have to bulk up to 210 to look GOOD at 175.
For me to be 170 and bulk up to 185, it would be a little pointless.
How much of that do you think is actual muscle?

Out of 15 pounds, I bet 5 pounds would be pure muscle, at best.
Imagine going to the grocery store, buying 5 pounds of steak and just slapping it on your body. You know how much muscle that is? That's a lot.

That's why I'm saying, 185 is nothing.
A 15 pounds bulk isn't even a bulk. You should throw on a good 30+ before even considering a cut.

Then again like a poster said above you shouldn't be too concerned with mass as opposed to developing actual strength and power.
The mass will come...

B3ast

B3ast

Awards

Imagine going to the grocery store, buying 5 pounds of steak and just slapping it on your body. You know how much muscle that is? That's a lot.

A 15 pounds bulk isn't even a bulk. You should throw on a good 30+ before even considering a cut.

Then again like a poster said above you shouldn't be too concerned with mass as opposed to developing actual strength and power.
The mass will come...
I bulked from 155! What do you think my bodyfat currently is?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

The mass will come...
That depends on what kind of surplus you have. If one were to gain 15 pounds over the course of a year or more I think a good deal of that could be muscle.

As opposed to gaining 15 pounds in a month or two, where you are right and maybe 5 pounds of that will be muscle.

CCV3

CCV3

Awards
  • Established
I don't know, maybe 15% ?

Don't worry you aren't fat. If someone were to look at you the last thing they would think is that you are fat and need to cut.

I am fat right now. Whatever though, it's part of the game...

BigMikeC

BigMikeC

Awards
I would lean bulk.. you need more of a foundation before you start cutting otherwise your just gunna look skinny. I'd do as some of these guys are advising and Lean bulk. Keep calories clean but increase your food. Make sure your eating every two hours to keep your body growing and keep your metabolism in a good state. Make sure the mirror is the judge of your progress not the scale.

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
I don't know, maybe 15% ?

Don't worry you aren't fat. If someone were to look at you the last thing they would think is that you are fat and need to cut.

I am fat right now. Whatever though, it's part of the game...
That depends on what kind of surplus you have. If one were to gain 15 pounds over the course of a year or more I think a good deal of that could be muscle.

As opposed to gaining 15 pounds in a month or two, where you are right and maybe 5 pounds of that will be muscle.
So i bulked from 155, to 170. Should i hit 185 SLOWLY?

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
Screw cutting.

Just get big. What 16 year old days "man maybe I should shred some fat off and be nice and lean" **** that, when I was 16 I wanted to be huge.

Just eat healthy and lift heavy and your body will respond. That alone puts you above the rest of your peers.
Agreed, you have some natty weight to gain, just focus on eating good and lifting heavy with good form...hell when I was first starting out at age 17 I could care less about cutting...I just wanted to get big, now as you get older your goals change because unfortunately your body changes, so cutting when your older and have that mass you want is better, unless you start competing at a young age...another thing,just my opinion getting training routines and diets online isn't the best idea...it's better to talk to someone knowledgeable in person, a personal trainer or even a veteran at your gym...to help you get on the right track

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So i bulked from 155, to 170. Should i hit 185 SLOWLY?
I would just bulk to the point where you are happy with the way you look. That might be 185 or 205.

A lot of times a well done lean bulk can actually make you leaner by increase muscle mass without significantly increasing (and sometimes decreasing) fat mass.

Also eating every two hours doesn't matter. Nutrient timing is nit.important for overall physique goes, set your total kCal and Macros and hit those numbers everyday. It doesnt matter how many meals it takes.

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
I would just bulk to the point where you are happy with the way you look. That might be 185 or 205.

A lot of times a well done lean bulk can actually make you leaner by increase muscle mass without significantly increasing (and sometimes decreasing) fat mass.

Also eating every two hours doesn't matter. Nutrient timing is nit.important for overall physique goes, set your total kCal and Macros and hit those numbers everyday. It doesnt matter how many meals it takes.
What is a good macro split for a lean bulk?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is a good macro split for a lean bulk?
I generally go for a minimum of 1g protein per lb of bodyweight and .5g fat per lb and then just use carbs and fats to fill in the rest of the of the kCal I need.

CCV3

CCV3

Awards
  • Established

5 pounds of muscle in a year and I'm a happy camper.
If I put on 15 pounds in a month or two it would probably be 7 pounds water, 6 pounds fat, and 2 pounds muscle. Not worth it.

Hey, everyone grows differently though...
I'm naturally about 145, so maybe that's why...

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5 pounds of muscle in a year and I'm a happy camper.
If I put on 15 pounds in a month or two it would probably be 7 pounds water, 6 pounds fat, and 2 pounds muscle. Not worth it.

Hey, everyone grows differently though...
I'm naturally about 145, so maybe that's why...
And I also assume you aren't 16, which makes a difference.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
40/40/20, 40/30/30, 50/30/20

no one can tell ya dude, everybody's body is different. cycle macros around or don't even worry about macros, just eat. if you get fat-eat less. if you don't gain-eat more. I worry less about macro ratios when bulking

CCV3

CCV3

Awards
  • Established
I don't really know why you are sweating it. Just lift heavy, eat big and get big. When I was 16 I could eat 2 double cheeseburgers and go to bed like nothing. I was literally drinking the steak juice off the plate.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^exactly

stop worrying about the little stuff. your body will do more than you expect it

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
40/40/20, 40/30/30, 50/30/20

no one can tell ya dude, everybody's body is different. cycle macros around or don't even worry about macros, just eat. if you get fat-eat less. if you don't gain-eat more. I worry less about macro ratios when bulking
I need to do that clean bulk!

metallic1

metallic1

Awards
op, at 16 years old, you are still growing. even if you diddnt lift, by the time you are 20-25, you will still be about 15-20lbs heavier than you are right now., if you eat clean, and lift smart, you are not only going to continue growing into early adulthood, but the results will be better than you can imagine right now. at this point, you are definatly on the right track. dont think of it as cut-bulk right now, but think of it as the late stages of growing into a man. youl see what i mean later.

metallic1

metallic1

Awards
op, i dont mean to come off sounding like dad or something, (my son is 24) but sometimes conversations like this reminds me of how fast young people live today. the info overload would have freaked me out at 16,( back in 1983) lol, we had to search the library for hours sometimes just to find what you can google in 2 seconds today. lol., take your time bro, you will grow, just make every rep count.

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
Like a few guys have stated already. Start a strength program like starting strength or 5/3/1. If you want to be a beast you gotta eat like one, train like one, and sleep like one. You need muscle right now more than anything. It's a lot easier to cut the fat while your still young. I'd get up to about 200 then start talking about a lil cut. Good luck

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
Screw cutting.

Lol. All the 18-19 yr olds at my college gym do chest, arms and abs! That's what the girls like!

OP, if you keep up with a steady good routine and put legit muscle on, your body will naturally lean out and you will burn more fat. Stick with a good clean diet like all these guys are saying.
You are a good age to put on a great muscle base. I wish I would have started at your age.

I'm not knocking you for being young, but a lot of young guys I see working out in the gym are not doing things correctly. If you master the correct form you will see very good results.

Good luck dude.

xerbia

xerbia

Awards
Bulk!