Clean Bulk

1. Registered User

Clean Bulk

First off hello AM readers, my name is Drew, I'm 19, and have been lifting seriously for the past year plus a little, my goal based on where I'm postings obvious, weight gain. I'm 6 ft 1, 171.2, and I'm working on a bulking cycle. My question is this: does anyone have sound nutrition advice for an ectomorph for the purpose of a clean bulk. I eat healthy but my fat intake is way high and while I'm gaining weight consistently I am always looking for a better understanding and by no means do I think I know enough.

2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Welcome aboard!

19 & ectomorph you say? EAT, EAT & Eat some more. Sounds trivial bit it's the truth. Lots of eggs, chicken, beef, rice, potatoes and cheat meals here and there. As an ecto and bulking I'd aim for the following macros, all are grams per lb of bodyweight
    1-1.5gr protein
    1.75-2gr carbs
    0.5-.75gr fat
    *look for fats from nuts, eggs, olive oil, fish, peanut/almond butter
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dmmcclair
    First off hello AM readers, my name is Drew, I'm 19, and have been lifting seriously for the past year plus a little, my goal based on where I'm postings obvious, weight gain. I'm 6 ft 1, 171.2, and I'm working on a bulking cycle. My question is this: does anyone have sound nutrition advice for an ectomorph for the purpose of a clean bulk. I eat healthy but my fat intake is way high and while I'm gaining weight consistently I am always looking for a better understanding and by no means do I think I know enough.
    Like DW said man if you want to gain weight Eat, eat and then eat some more. I used to call myself an ecto until I realized that's more of an excuse than anything as to why I couldn't gain any weight. What I did was work out my Basal Metabolic Rate BMR, add on my activity factor and then add on a modest surplus. Following that I had to breakdown my macro nutrient ratios so I knew how much of what I had to take in on a daily basis. A basic macronutrient ratio for bulking is 40:40:20 protein:carbs:fats. Hope that helps bro!
    Mind and Muscle board representative.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

You stated that what you are doing currently is working, ergo there is little need to change what is already working. In saying that, is what you are doing currently the best? Forgetting macros for a second, do you get enough micros? Vitamins/minerals and the like. I like to base my meal 'plans' around micros when designing a plan, i.e. I put down my fruit + vegetables + dairy (for calcium) and meat (heme iron) intakes first then fill in the gaps with the macros.

For this I would follow DW's approach in regards to protein and fat and fill in the rest of your needs (for your bulk) with carbs.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Clean Bulk Vs Cutting
    By RLD in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-19-2014, 05:25 PM
  2. methyldien clean bulk
    By prld2gr8ns in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 05:59 AM
  3. Rtm's clean bulk attempt!
    By rtm in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-08-2005, 06:50 PM
  4. Advice on pre-w/o nutrition & clean bulk
    By Fury20 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2005, 07:55 PM
  5. is there such thing as a "clean" bulk?
    By blackjack in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 07:43 PM