Not growing

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.92%

Not growing

New to the site, please help. I have been on a physically looking plateau for about 9 months, my diet is strong and I have a lot of motivation I the gym, I'm taking good sups (whey, multi, creatine, casein) but I just don't seem to be getting any bigger, I'm 6'2 188lbs and about 11% body fat, but I'd like to be about 210lbs. Before 3 weeks ago I had been drinking heavily about twice a week and recently have stopped, could that have been the problem??

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.1%
    Achievements Posting Pro

From what I understand Alcohol stops protein synthesis. This is always somthing to consider.
    More importantly, how many calories are you consuming a day? It is important to keep track.
    What i would do is work out your maintenance calories on an online calculator and add 300. Consume that until you stop growing again and add another 300. ETC.
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.92%

I haven't actually recorded exactly what I eat throughout the day but it generally looks something like this, weight gainer shake in the morning, workout followed by protein shake, chicken, veggies and 1c brown rice for lunch, another weight gain shake between meals, steak or chicken veggies and more brown rice for dinner and a casein before bed.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.03%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

No breakfast? Remember that weight gainers should only be used to supplement a diet, not replace one
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.92%

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    No breakfast? Remember that weight gainers should only be used to supplement a diet, not replace one
    Ya, I used to eat eggs every morning but now Im incredibly sick of them... Any good breakfast ideas? I usually train about an hour and a half after waking up...
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.1%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Are you counting calories though? How many are you consuming a day?
    You are eating clean and good. But it may not neccecarily be enough to grow.Thats, why it is importnat that you work out how many you are having.

Say 9 months ago you ate 2800 day and put on weight then plateued. Thats becuase you have put on weight so your maintance calorie intake has gone up aswell. To put on more weight you need to add in more food. If you are still eating exactly what you did 9 months ago you wont be able to gain.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.92%

Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic View Post
    Are you counting calories though? How many are you consuming a day?
    You are eating clean and good. But it may not neccecarily be enough to grow.Thats, why it is importnat that you work out how many you are having.

Say 9 months ago you ate 2800 day and put on weight then plateued. Thats becuase you have put on weight so your maintance calorie intake has gone up aswell. To put on more weight you need to add in more food. If you are still eating exactly what you did 9 months ago you wont be able to gain.
    Makes sense, I suppose I need to start putting as much effort into tracking what I eat and my macros, as I do into training... Documentation starts tomorrow! Thanks
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.1%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Yeh man, Monitoring that stuff can really help. I think you will find that is where the problem is.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.03%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

You should add in some more dense carbs rather than focus on more and more protein. Eating in calorie excess will make you grow, not simply protein

Similar Forum Threads

1. Chest will not grow!!!
    By mattymatt83 in forum Natural Bodybuilding
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-04-2012, 12:25 AM
  2. Legs not growing
    By theROOTS420 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 12:42 AM
  3. Chest: just not growing
    By TruffleShuffle in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-09-2008, 07:25 PM
  4. Not being able to grow facial hair...
    By pdigs in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 04:06 PM
  5. Chest will not grow!
    By Got2bbig in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 10-21-2005, 03:07 AM