bulking without meat?

Herm

Awards
I'm not a vegetarian or anything but trying to bulk and looking for the most cost effective route I can. To say I wouldn't be eating meat would be wrong but I don't know how often I will, was planning on trying to get the majority of my calories through milk and other dairy products as well as whatever I can accumulate through pasta, quinoa, eggs, and oatmeal. Will be getting some through supplements but I know that powder shouldn't be heavily relied upon for more than a certain amount of your protein in diet. Is this going to just be a waste of time?

mls51112

mls51112

Awards
bone-in, skin on chicken thighs are $6-7 for a pack of 12.

or rotisserie chickens at the grocery store for $5.. dinner, sandwich, etc. might last you 2-3 meals?

if you're feeding just yourself, it should be easy to budget :]

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
without meat = hard

with little meat = completely possible

since you said price is your cncern, grt eggs, milk, tilapia, chicken breast, oats, and RICE. srsly though, 20lb bag of rice is like $10, lasts you over 3 months. this last semester, i think ive bipulked on rice, eggs, and milk more than anything else.

remember' you dont need this 2.5g/lb of protein **** that everyone seems to throw around. 1g/lb body weight is more than plenty

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
10lb bag of chicken breasts at costco - $20
4lb bag pf tilapia filets - $10
2b raw quaker rolled oats -$7
2 dzen eggs - $3
3gallons of fat free milk a week - $7.50, $9 for fat milk

its easy if you cook every meal yourself, and very cheap

Herm

Awards
I guess it isn't too bad price wise, is there really a goal for how much protein I should get from a meat source?

murk01

murk01

Awards
10lb bag of chicken breasts at costco - $20
4lb bag pf tilapia filets - $10
2b raw quaker rolled oats -$7
2 dzen eggs - $3
3gallons of fat free milk a week - $7.50, $9 for fat milk

its easy if you cook every meal yourself, and very cheap
Lol, thats my shopping list at costco

Herm

Awards
Yea I definitely need a Costco membership, if I am going to drink a gallon of milk a day should I go half fat free half whole? Or can I just go while all the way?

Herm

Awards
Wow so I don't need that much protein? I thought some people go even heavier on it.

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
Lol, thats my shopping list at costco
mine too man. excet tilapia because i get that at winco. costco has the thin sliced chicken breast though. ive never seen those anywhere else

one thing i cant stand is when i open a bag of frozen chicken breast to find a 2lb brick of iced chicken using half the bag