Blending breakfast?

IPOM

IPOM

Awards
I've had pretty awesome success in gaining so far. I got back from Afghanistan in May and have put on 25 pounds of pretty lean weight since then. This has all been due to working out properly and eating right.

My question is this... Currently I eat 7 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 2 tbsp of peanut butter, and a banana for breakfast. I fry the eggs. Would there be any issue with just blending all that together and drinking it for breakfast? I wouldn't be cooking the eggs anymore, just eating them raw. Seems like digestion would be easier. Just curious because it would save me some time in the morning and it wouldn't be so hard to gag down.

Thanks!

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
If it tastes okay i dont see why not. Personally, it would use pasturized egg whites from a bottle to avoid the risk of food poisoning. It saves a lot of time too.

NYiron

NYiron

Awards
  • Established
I've had pretty awesome success in gaining so far. I got back from Afghanistan in May and have put on 25 pounds of pretty lean weight since then. This has all been due to working out properly and eating right.

My question is this... Currently I eat 7 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 2 tbsp of peanut butter, and a banana for breakfast. I fry the eggs. Would there be any issue with just blending all that together and drinking it for breakfast? I wouldn't be cooking the eggs anymore, just eating them raw. Seems like digestion would be easier. Just curious because it would save me some time in the morning and it wouldn't be so hard to gag down.

Thanks!
No issue at all, saves the chewing. Like the previous poster said use pasteurized eggs if you can, food poisoning isn't the best addition to a bulk diet. Reminds me of the time I decided to throw chop meat and water in a blender, sick of chewing for hours on end haha.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's something with the admin and the eggs to get the complete protein of the egg and it happens when it's cooked. I'll try and find it but its not a big issue, IMO. I believe the pasteurized egg whites it's a none issue

I used to hammer 6 raw eggs before class in college for a while (had to squeeze those extra 15min of sleep) GFH!!!!

IPOM

IPOM

Awards
There's something with the admin and the eggs to get the complete protein of the egg and it happens when it's cooked. I'll try and find it but its not a big issue, IMO. I believe the pasteurized egg whites it's a none issue

I used to hammer 6 raw eggs before class in college for a while (had to squeeze those extra 15min of sleep) GFH!!!!
I think as long as they're consumed before they warm up, there's little to no chance of food poisoning.

As for the protein... I read in a biology book back in college that frying an egg actually damages the protein. I think it was called denaturing.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
I think as long as they're consumed before they warm up, there's little to no chance of food poisoning.

As for the protein... I read in a biology book back in college that frying an egg actually damages the protein. I think it was called denaturing.
Protein denatures in your stomach anyways-HCL tends to have that effect.
Concern = overblown

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
other than probably not tasting very good I see no issue although I have heard that eating to many raw egg whites can cause a biotin deficiency but I highly doubt that would be a problem unless you were eating several dozen a day

IPOM

IPOM

Awards
other than probably not tasting very good I see no issue although I have heard that eating to many raw egg whites can cause a biotin deficiency but I highly doubt that would be a problem unless you were eating several dozen a day
Thanks! Yeah, I tried cooking the eggs and blending them with everything else. I almost didn't get it all down... It turned into a brick. So now I just fry the eggs and eat them separately, and blend everything else.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
I'd throw in some whey and some honey to give it some nice flavour!