Leangains bulking and still losing weight

Bcuzimbatman

Awards
After a successful leangains recomp -20/+20 I lost about 10lbs and %4 bf putting me at around 206 @12%. I then recalculated so as to start with a leangains slow bulk so I calculated 2400 calorie rest days and 3700 calorie training days about -10/+25 which would put me at gaining about 1lb bi-weekly. The problem is that I have not gained any weight whatsoever, I started training on the Texas method and have seen great strength gains and I continue to become stronger an blast thru workouts. Physically I have more noticeable fat loss especially around the waist region and have gained size on my back, legs, and arms. I decided about a week ago to weigh myself daily to actually monitor weight gain so I weigh myself every morning on a fast after using the restroom. I've noticed in this week that I'm steadily losing weight! Even after adding 100 cals to my surplus. Please help as I have dropped from 207-204 and would like to hit a goal of 218 by feb 2013. Macros in case that u need them are rest days 310 pro/ 80 fat/ 160 carb, training days 310 pro/ 40 fat/ 500 carb. Hopefully someone with IF experience will chime in

ludbg

ludbg

Awards
how long is your feeding window? the weight youre loosing is fat. i doubt you loosing any muscle with all the protein youre taking. Maybe add some more healthy fats(20-30g).

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
maybe quit leangains and start eating like a bodybuilder

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
5+ full sized meals a day throughout the day
Whats the logic/science on that?

And whats a "full sized meal"?

And why 5?

I need to pack on mass for tha' hunnies, thx bro.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
Whats the logic/science on that?

And whats a "full sized meal"?

And why 5?

I need to pack on mass for tha' hunnies, thx bro.
for me the logic is that its hard to cram 4500+ calories in a short feeding window and yes 5 was just an arbitrary number I chose as for the science. I'll be honest I'm not well enough versed in physiology to come up with a good answer and there haven't been that many actual studies on meal frequency in trained individuals for me to dig up a good answer. as for what constitutes a full sized meal whole food consisting of protein, carbs, and fat with a side of sarcasm.

and on another note I have never seen anyone get really big on IF but that's not science, just an observation.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
for me the logic is that its hard to cram 4500+ calories in a short feeding window and yes 5 was just an arbitrary number I chose as for the science. I'll be honest I'm not well enough versed in physiology to come up with a good answer and there haven't been that many actual studies on meal frequency in trained individuals for me to dig up a good answer. as for what constitutes a full sized meal whole food consisting of protein, carbs, and fat with a side of sarcasm.

and on another note I have never seen anyone get really big on IF but that's not science, just an observation.
Layne norton touches on why IF isnt "optimal". He mentions it in the video link I posted above also in his v log 7 on his site. Im not for or against IF. However I feel ppl get to caught up in one way of doing things and forget there are many ways to do things.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
Layne norton touches on why IF isnt "optimal". He mentions it in the video link I posted above also in his v log 7 on his site. Im not for or against IF. However I feel ppl get to caught up in one way of doing things and forget there are many ways to do things.
I'll have to check out that video when I get a chance and yeah theres more than one way get in shape people take this sh1t just a little to personally.

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards

Wow! Thats a really good answer! lol, I was just messin' with ya in the first place haha. But good to see you know what your talking about.

And I agree man, cramming in that many calories in 6-8 hours would be a hard mission to complete!

Bcuzimbatman

Awards
I go over the 8 hour window sometimes but I DO hit the goal calories.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
yeah i tried it for a few weeks and was frigging miserable didn't see any real changes in body composition said f this I'm going back to eating full time