Grocery list

TheGrizz

TheGrizz

Awards
Hey guys, I'm a lifter on a tight budget. Does anyone have a grocery list I could borrow, tired of eating the same foods everyday. Looking for 4500 caloric in take a day. Also, in a bulking phase (currently, 6'0'', 215). Thanks

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys, I'm a lifter on a tight budget. Does anyone have a grocery list I could borrow, tired of eating the same foods everyday. Looking for 4500 caloric in take a day. Also, in a bulking phase (currently, 6'0'', 215). Thanks
That's when you just have to get used to the same thing brother. In school there were many times when canned tuna and olive oil was eaten 5 times per day. Look for sales and stock up! Buying 30cans of tuna at a time, while ago I bought like 35lbs of chicken bc it was like $1.50/lb. put them into 10oz portions warped em up threw in freezer bags and filled the freezer.

Same thing with eggs, just stock your fridge when they dip in price

All I can offer is buying in bulk. I got a 20lb bag o brown rice from an Asian foods store for $15. Didn't even use it all throughout the school year. Did something similar with oats.

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
if you can get into costco, you are set for bulk. $20 for 10lbs thin slice breasts. $4.50 for 2 gallons milk. my favorite, $10 for 5lbs beef in individual 1lb tubes. im in love with bulking on panakes for breakfast everyday

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I agree. Buying in bulk when the prices go low is good! Also, if you live near a farmer market or family farm you can get really cheap grass fed beef and such for half the price of that in the grocery stores. Milk, eggs, and colostrum too! I usually shop at Kroger and ask the butcher when they have new shipments because they mark the older meats half off because the expiration dates near. Also, i find organic oats at Whole foods markets for $2.39 a pound! Thats a dollar cheaper than the usual Quaker brand. Asian markets and other international markets always have great deals on 20lb-40lb bags of rice of all kinds of varieties! I usually get fish and produce cheaper at the International markets too!
Besides, sometimes the variety comes from the food preparation and recipes! you just have to get creative with it! on days I dont want a bowl of oatmeal, I just dump all the ingredients with a couple egg whites and a scoop of protein in a waffle iron and boom! I get waffles! Dont feel like plain sweet potatoes? Slice them up and toss some cayenne pepper and chili powder on them and bake them until crisp for awesome fries! With your meat, broil, bake, pan sear, or grill! Good luck bro!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Bulk is the way to go.

I usually buy chicken, sweet potatos, veggies, & snacks like Greek yogurt and cheese. I buy nutritious cookies, fruits, p butter, bread, nuts... I can go on & I don't spend and arm & a leg. :lol:
It's cheaper than eating out...

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
sams club for the win