Cooking In Bulk

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
I have always been a fan of cooking in bulk and I don't mind eating the same thing for a week straight, then maybe changing it up a little bit the next. I'm finally going to start counting calories, hitting macros, and not just winging it because for the past couple of months I've been stabled off at 170. With a goal weight now of 200 and hitting 192 at one point recently *during cycle*, then losing it all back to 170 I figure it's definitely time to get strict with this.

So i'm 170lbs, aiming for 3,000 calories, 200g pro, 200g+ carb, 100g fat. Right now this is what I've come up with:

Meal 1:
4 eggs400 cal28g pro4g carb28g fat
8 oz milk150 cal8g pro12g carb8g fat
550 cal36g pro16g carb36g fat

Meal 2:
8 oz chicken260 cal54g pro0g carb2g fat
1 cup rice200 cal5g pro44g carb2g fat
460 cal59g pro44g carb4g fat

Meal 3:
8 oz ground turkey520 cal60g pro0g carb29g fat
1 cup rice200 cal5g pro44g carb2g fat
720 cal65g pro44g carb31g fat

Meal 4:
2 cup spaghetti340 cal14g pro74g carb2g fat
1/2 cup sauce80 cal2g pro14g carb2g fat
1 cup rice200 cal5g pro44g carb4g fat
620 cal21g pro132g carb8g fat

Meal 5:
Whey Protein Powder280 cal54g pro6g carb6g fat
16 oz Milk300 cal16g pro24g carb16g fat
tbsp Peanut Butter95 cal4g pro3g carb8g fat
675 cal74g pro33g carb30g fat

Total:
3025 calories255g protein-8269g carbs109g fat
40%42%18%

I feel that maybe 3k calories may be a little bit too much for me at 170 as my job is not demanding physically at all, but I would be prepared for the initial fat gain, which would stable off as I gain more weight and it becomes closer to my maintenance calories.

Anyways, any help and suggestions would be appreciated. Do note that I can still add in some bread and I have negated all vegetables thus far, not on purpose, just because I wasn't going to count those as calories...is that a mistake? I think they shouldn't be counted as carbs???

Medical420

Medical420

Awards
Why wouldn't you count veggies as kcals?? And I always cook my meals at the beginning of the week. Ive been eating the same meals every day for about 2 months. I do get the random sweets when my girlfriend asks me every now and then to have a cookie or something with her lol
I was taught fruit and veg doesn't count towards kcal for bulking as well. Don't remember why though.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

retrofitted

Awards
Fruits and vegetables have caloric value regardless of what misinformation you may have heard about gaining weight. The key is to be consistent. If you haven't counted fibrous vegetables in your daily counts thus far, then no need to start. But if you somehow believe that five bananas and a pound of broccoli won't contribute to calories, I don't know what to say.

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
I was just thinking the wrong thing, it's the fibrous carbs that shouldn't be added into your carb count but the calories still are. I think that if I add in veggies into the mix that I'll probably have to drop some of the things that i've put into or just mix it up a bit.

I just want to hit my protein and fat macros and I believe that you just fill the rest in with carbs, but I also never have counted macros before, so I have to gauge how my body will react to how many carbs I'm going to take in, and then tweak from there. At the current goal of 3k calories, that's what I figured is maintenance for 200lbs. It'll probably end up being more but hell, if you want to be 200lbs you gotta eat like you are 200lbs

Medical420

Medical420

Awards
Fruits and vegetables have caloric value regardless of what misinformation you may have heard about gaining weight. The key is to be consistent. If you haven't counted fibrous vegetables in your daily counts thus far, then no need to start. But if you somehow believe that five bananas and a pound of broccoli won't contribute to calories, I don't know what to say.

Misinformation on gaining weight? I consider vegetables to be low cal. I consider fruits mid cal some mid high, some you need to know/watch how many to eat but i do not count. I consider potatoes/yams/squash starch cal and count these.

5 bananas (1000cal). would be much in a day for me. 1-2 is enough.

A pound of broccoli on the other hand would be less than 100cals raw. No need to count

That's just me and what I have been informed

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
meat loaf, make your own Chinese-easy to make bulk

my personal favorite is ground turkey/peppers/onions/chives/garlic/paprika/sirachi sauce-I'll make pounds of that, and it's good cold

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
That sounds like some good food, I'll definitely make something like that for sure. I finalized my plan getting almost a 1:1 ration carb/pro. My calories are over 3k, which is going to put me at least 100-200 cals. over the goal, when I add veggies into the mix. I'm stoked for this, time to hit the grocery store! Actually, I should calculate how much of everything is needed lol