What type of fat should i be eating when bulking

xponentabuser

xponentabuser

Awards
I'm bulking up but still trying to suss out the nutritional side of things which is obviously very important so were would I get the "good fats" from that I'm supposed to eat!!!!

Also should I be eating cheese even though it has saturated fat in it???

And finally is the fat on my steak really bad???

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
olive oil, peanut butter, avacado, nuts, seeds. cheese is okay and some sat fat isnt going to hurt. steak during a bulk is usually a crowd favorite

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
Can't forget about that incredible edible egg!

I've been doing mad research on fats, need to start getting my macros down to a T. The problem I am finding is being able to get enough of fats when mainly everything that I eat lacks a large amount of fat content (chicken, rice) I could hit 200g pro, 200g carb, but have maybe 10g fat. So thanks for posting this, in for more answers

Jake Phillips

Jake Phillips

Awards
Flax seed is another good source of fat add that to shakes or anything else yog etc ...

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Egg yolks, fish oil, olive oil, natural peanut butter, milk, almond butter, fats from lean meat. Basically where I get all my fats from bulking.

BigMikeC

BigMikeC

Awards
I stick to all fats high in Omegas 3, 6, and 9s my staple is omega 3 eggs and natty PB. Do forget that saturated fat ideally that of which found in your red meats is great at keep test level at optimal levels.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
You do need a bit of sat fats (as mentioned above) for testosterone. Not saying eat tonnes of it, but just be mindful it helps. Not dogging flaxseed oil, but that type of omega 3 (ALA) has a hard time converting to DHA/EPA

python93

python93

Awards
I had the same question as well.
Just wanna jump in and ask a question real quick
I usually eat around 6-8 whole eggs a day.
And every time I tell someone that doesnt lift weights that I eat that amount they
just look at me like I'm crazy and that start saying Ima have a heart attack and that my arteries must be clogged with high cholesterol
I don't believe this but what should I tell them or what are the facts if they are right?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The only fat you need to avoid is trans fat. The rest are fair game

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Partially/fully hydrogenated oils also
Fully hydrogenated oils are saturated fats. They are fine.

Partially hydrogenated fats are trans fats

BigMikeC

BigMikeC

Awards
That's bull**** that the FDA trys to shove down our throats!
It the high glycemic diets and constant bombardment of insulin in the typical American's diet that is lead to coronary heart disease, diabetes, C.H.F, and even cholesterol. They've done studies on Amish communities who diets are based on what their crops and lands produce and are typically high in fat and protein and naturally lower in carbohydrates. They've shown that their diets are showing less heart related problems, diabetes, and cancers. The culprit is insulin being over released because of the high carbohydrate diet that the FDA pushes on Americans.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fully hydrogenated oils are saturated fats. They are fine.

Partially hydrogenated fats are trans fats
Ya my bad. Just realized this when I saw ur quote.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I had the same question as well.
Just wanna jump in and ask a question real quick
I usually eat around 6-8 whole eggs a day.
And every time I tell someone that doesnt lift weights that I eat that amount they
just look at me like I'm crazy and that start saying Ima have a heart attack and that my arteries must be clogged with high cholesterol
I don't believe this but what should I tell them or what are the facts if they are right?
No, they are not right.

The link below is a good read if you have time
http://www.ravnskov.nu/myth3.htm

GeraldNY181

GeraldNY181

Awards
peanut oil is great...extra calories and doesnt taste bad when added to protein shakes