any vets that could look this over?

kswiss

kswiss

Awards
Background im 5' 10" 165, I have been lifting for 5 years with the last year or so more serious with 3-5 trips to the gym a week. I have always made sure that im on a sound workout program but my diet was my problem. Iv always been in pretty good shape even with the lack of a good diet, am now wanting to up my weight so hoping this diet I came up with can do the trick. I have a nice 12 week workout planned out to help bulk up. Also idk if it is relevant but I work from 4pm-1am and my work out is going to be from 2pm-3:30pm. I will try to get 7 hours of sleep from 3am-10am. I drink 1g of water daily with added bcaas's, my other supps arnt listed in the diet. Any comments would be appreciated.

3,000 Cal
1.5x165= 250g carbs
1.5-2x165= 248-330g protein
Breakfast 10:30amCalCarbProtein
8oz skim milk90128
1/4 cup brown rice160354
4 whole fried eggs280424
Meal Total5305236
Pre-workout 1:00pm
8oz grilled chicken breast220046
1/4 cup brown rice160354
3/4 cup mixed veggies60122
Meal Total4404752
Post-workout 3:30-4:00pm
1 scoop whey protein120324
8oz skim milk90138
1/4 cup brown rice160354
4oz grilled chicken breast110023
Meal Total4805159
Lunch 6:00pm
8oz grilled chicken breast220046
1/4 cup brown rice160354
Meal Total4404752
Dinner 8:00pm
8oz round steak360024
1/4 cup brown rice160354
Meal Total5804730
Snack 11:00pm
8oz grilled chicken breast220023
2 hard boiled eggs140212
Meal Total360235
Pre-bed 1:00-2:00am
2 scoops whey protein240648
1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese80612
Meal Total3201260
Daily Total3156258324

jerrysiii

jerrysiii

Awards
  • Established
Your breakdown isn't showing up right on the phone app many of us use. But from what I can read, it looks pretty good. Try to get your sleep and adjust calories up or down as need -- but not more than once per week.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your breakdown isn't showing up right on the phone app many of us use. But from what I can read, it looks pretty good. Try to get your sleep and adjust calories up or down as need -- but not more than once per week.
click on his post like you would to quote/reply to it and you'll be able to view the text w/ the app

your diet looks pretty good tho, I normally run carbs slightly higher than protein or depending on the workload, you can always tweak those adjustments

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any reason why you're not tracking fats with this? Also, ignore trace "protein" that is in veggies and grains since they're incomplete and your numbers on brown rice may be off. I don't think 1/4C dry measure has 35g of carbs in it.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Any reason why you're not tracking fats with this? Also, ignore trace "protein" that is in veggies and grains since they're incomplete and your numbers on brown rice may be off. I don't think 1/4C dry measure has 35g of carbs in it.
Should you really ignore protein content from incomplete sources when counting towards your macros? I get >60g daily from incomplete sources like veggies and grains, this accounts for a large bulk of my daily protein that I am for

kswiss

kswiss

Awards
my reason for not having the fats listed is because their is an insignificant amount of bad fats and any lack in good fats will be gained from a supp. Also according to the long grain brown rice that i have, the package shows at 1/4 cup uncooked has 160 cal and 35g carbs. Last i believe that even witihout counting the incomplete proteins my protein intake is over the 1.5g/Ib.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Should you really ignore protein content from incomplete sources when counting towards your macros? I get >60g daily from incomplete sources like veggies and grains, this accounts for a large bulk of my daily protein that I am for
I ignore incomplete proteins in my total macro count for protein.

my reason for not having the fats listed is because their is an insignificant amount of bad fats and any lack in good fats will be gained from a supp. Also according to the long grain brown rice that i have, the package shows at 1/4 cup uncooked has 160 cal and 35g carbs. Last i believe that even witihout counting the incomplete proteins my protein intake is over the 1.5g/Ib.
You really missed my point here. Fats are just as important as any other macro and should be tracked and treated the same way. Despite the crap rhetoric that is repeated in magazines, fats should not be as low as many people think.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Looks a little low of fat for my tastes but otherwise good. Maybe add some avocado, almonds, add butter to rice/veggies and perhaps substitute some chicken breast for salmon, steak, chicken thighs etc.

kswiss

kswiss

Awards

You really missed my point here. Fats are just as important as any other macro and should be tracked and treated the same way. Despite the crap rhetoric that is repeated in magazines, fats should not be as low as many people think.

ok thanks man, I will chart up my fats with this and see where im at. What would be a good amount? so i can change up my diet to get them in.

kswiss

kswiss

Awards
Looks a little low of fat for my tastes but otherwise good. Maybe add some avocado, almonds, add butter to rice/veggies and perhaps substitute some chicken breast for salmon, steak, chicken thighs etc.

working on getting the fat up, first time really trying to get on a good diet, the reason for so much chicken is the hole in my pocket I work to be broke lol but thanks I will def try to change it up a bit. Getting sick of having the same thing was the first thing I thought of.

uvawahoowa

Awards

I don't understand why though, just to make certain you hit your macros? Incomplete proteins combine to make complete proteins if you eat a wide variety of foods

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't understand why though, just to make certain you hit your macros? Incomplete proteins combine to make complete proteins if you eat a wide variety of foods
You're making the assumption that they align properly to make a complete protein and also that they provide a balanced ratio.

uvawahoowa

Awards
You're making the assumption that they align properly to make a complete protein and also that they provide a balanced ratio.
Yes that's the assumption I'm making based on the premise that one eats a wide variety of foods. Fair assessment or no?

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Why not incorporate other sources of carbohydrates. You list brown rice, but why not sweet potatoes, oatmeal, whole wheat pasta, or even quinoa???? Also give yourself more variety on protein sources as well and be sure to get your green vegetables in too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes that's the assumption I'm making based on the premise that one eats a wide variety of foods. Fair assessment or no?
Not for the incomplete proteins.

For example, do you count individual amino acid supplements towards your daily protein intake?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bcaas yield calories, why wouldn't you count them towards macros?
You're talking about something different at that point. Although amino acids contain calories, they are not a protein.