will too many saturated fats make you fat?

Cokeboyz

Awards
I know too many saturated fats can lead to high cholesterol, but will they also make you gain more fat than if you were to eat mostly unsaturated? Is unsaturated better in General for lean mass gains?

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I believe saturated fat is necessary for proper hormone production (testosterone). I heard somewhere that as long as a lot of saturated fat isn't consumed with a lot of sugars its totally okay. I consume 20-22 g sat fats every day. Hopefully someone can chime in and elaborate

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your first point is incorrect as there is no evidence that saturated fat/cholesterol consumption increases serum cholesterol.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well thank you for correcting me. I know I saw it somewhere on this forum, I am not trying to be in the business of spreading false information. Could you perhaps respond to the OP so I can gain a little knowledge as well?

uvawahoowa

Awards
Anyone know the ratio of sat fat to total fat for muscle growth (if there is one)?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know too many saturated fats can lead to high cholesterol, but will they also make you gain more fat than if you were to eat mostly unsaturated? Is unsaturated better in General for lean mass gains?
Your first point is incorrect as there is no evidence that saturated fat/cholesterol consumption increases serum cholesterol.
Well thank you for correcting me. I know I saw it somewhere on this forum, I am not trying to be in the business of spreading false information. Could you perhaps respond to the OP so I can gain a little knowledge as well?
That was a response to the OP's question.

To the OP - excessive (surplus) calorie intake makes you fat.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Gottttttttttttt it, response to the op not me. Thanks for clarifying Dunn.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry for the confusion.

Anyone know the ratio of sat fat to total fat for muscle growth (if there is one)?
To my knowledge, one has not been established. There are too many other factors (e.g. mineral consumption, overall caloric intake, etc.) to make a definitive statement on this, though. Think of how much variance there is when it comes to protein consumption and that has actually been studied.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I notice I look better when I consume EVCO daily. Feel better to.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I was watching a NZ food programme called "whats really in our food", after watching it, you'll never want to eat again, especially if you believe the BS it feeds you. The show constantly tells us that fat intake makes us fat, irregardless of the source of said fat. I'm very tempted to write in and complain that this is scare mongering at its best. I eat easily 200g of fats a day and my blood levels are fine and no signs of my arteries clogging. Unfortunately, people wont believe you if you tell them fats are good for you.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know man, I tell my room mate that all the time. One day last week he said to me "man I'm pissed, I ate way too much fat today" I replied "I bet you didn't, what'd you have?" He said "2 eggs, a piece of sausage, some almonds, and a piece of cheese." That's what...maybe 40 grams of fat at most? He's a 225 pound dude, but he is one of the worst people I've met at believing bro science and he simply won't believe it when I tell him the bro science is exactly that, bro science.