first time bulker HELP PLZ

figgy336

Awards
This is my first time bulking...
Need tips and advice on how to get my goal of 3000 cals.
A day to put on some mass..
I'm 21 5'6 145 want to reach a weight of 165 or more...
Is this too much??
Plz leave feedback thanks guys

2012-09-13 21.04.10.jpg

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
Not sure I understand what u mean about your goal of 3000 cals.

Find out what your intake is now then add 500 a week till u start to gain.

I use myfitnesspal to help me add everything up.

20 pounds is not that hard if u are new to real training and proper diet. So eat lean and lift heavy this is a good start.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
Hi, welcome to the boards. You are going to need to count your cals to make sure you are getting enough food to grow. Eat good foods, turkey, fish, beef, chicken, tuna, whole grain carbs pasta, brown rice, good fats, natural pb, eggs, olive oil etc. Lots of veggies too, fruits if you'd like. Make sure you are getting at least 1.5x lb of bodyweight for protein so around 220g protein, which comes out to just under 900 cals. Rest carbs / fats, I tend to just eat very high protein / carb and try not to go too hard on the fats. ~50-60g a day for me. If you are not gaining at least 0.5 lbs a week / 1 lb every 2 weeks I would up the cals a bit until you are. The slower you bulk the less fat you will put on, hope this helped.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
^^ mason's response is perfect.

a diet tracker app for your cell phone would be pretty sweet also to help you keep track of your daily intake so you know how much you're going to need to increase or decrease, or do it the old fashioned way and write down everything you eat.

figgy336

Awards
Thanks guys thats useful info im going to put to use.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^ mason's response is perfect.

a diet tracker app for your cell phone would be pretty sweet also to help you keep track of your daily intake so you know how much you're going to need to increase or decrease, or do it the old fashioned way and write down everything you eat.
my fitness pal works good for me or anything else. I try to weigh out my food but its not really needed if you can guestemate :D . Good luck on the bulk im doing the same myself. High protein, carbs and 70g of fat .

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Hi, welcome to the boards. You are going to need to count your cals to make sure you are getting enough food to grow. Eat good foods, turkey, fish, beef, chicken, tuna, whole grain carbs pasta, brown rice, good fats, natural pb, eggs, olive oil etc. Lots of veggies too, fruits if you'd like. Make sure you are getting at least 1.5x lb of bodyweight for protein so around 220g protein, which comes out to just under 900 cals. Rest carbs / fats, I tend to just eat very high protein / carb and try not to go too hard on the fats. ~50-60g a day for me. If you are not gaining at least 0.5 lbs a week / 1 lb every 2 weeks I would up the cals a bit until you are. The slower you bulk the less fat you will put on, hope this helped.
You sure about that? the body can only synthesize around 1lb of protein per lb of bodyweight and fats are important for hormone production (i.e. test) ...

Eating fat does not make you fat. Simple.

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
You sure about that? the body can only synthesize around 1lb of protein per lb of bodyweight and fats are important for hormone production (i.e. test) ...

Eating fat does not make you fat. Simple.
50-60g a day of fat works for me, just giving my advice.