Bulking - AnabolicMinds.com

Bulking

1. New Member
    Answers

Bulking

What's the best thing to eat for bulking? I eat a lot of chicken, oatmeal, peanut butter and noodles/rice but it seems like its impossible to gain weight

2. Senior Member
    Answers

Eggs, almonds(any kind of nuts), beef, milk. If your not gaining weight it's because your not eating enough, simple as that. Remember gotta eat big to get big.
  3. New Member
    Answers

And when you say you eat enough.do you actually count how much you eat or do you just feel you eat a lot?cos if you don't know how much do you need to eat to gain weight you will never gain weight.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by stove View Post
    What's the best thing to eat for bulking? I eat a lot of chicken, oatmeal, peanut butter and noodles/rice but it seems like its impossible to gain weight
    Using any drugs?

If not, go ahead and use this simple approach (Just stay consistent, keep the drive alive, and get in your daily macro's everyday!)

-1xLBM for protein (mixture of red meat, chicken, fish, eggs...etc..)
    -Carb cycle, 400,300,200,repeat (find carbs that don't cause any gastrointestinal problems)
    -Fat intake 100g(I know that may be a bit low! Need to know more specifics about ya!) (avocado, brazil nuts, almonds, etc...)
    -Supplements.....Krill Oil / Fish Oil / Creatine Mono / Beta Alanine / SLINshot / L-Carnitine-Tartrate or Acetyl L-Carnitine / Yogi Herbal Tea's / NOW foods ADAM multivitamin/mineral complex / Greens supplement / Mucuna(l-dopa) / GHenerate / Liquid T-911+7 keto spray / Caffiene+Citrulline Malate+Agmatine Pre workout!

^^^Affordable, covers the basics. (training wise, learn how to feel the stretch on every single one of your exercises! Very important for hypertrophy! I could stay here and write a book but I gotta go beat some cheeks!

Happy Bulking!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    Changing Lives is what I crave.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Best thing to do is track what you're eating at least for a week to see how much you're actually taking in. You'd be surprised how far off estimates can be. Also track you macros if you're in this for the long run. It'll help you understand what you're doing and how to make changes. A very simple tool to use is myfitnesspal. It's both online and a app. The app version is great cause it's always with you and you can just scan food labels. You can also customize the meals.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Answers

you can't gain weight because you're not eating enough, you have to count calories and macros
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Answers

^^^^ this.its often overlooked at keeping up with macros and calories,just bc you feel full doesn't do it.my average day is easily 3500-4000 cal,and when I'm on bulk,I'm almost ashamed to say,and I'm not a huge guy......yet
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Answers

You will gain weight stay with it. if you have an i phone check out my fitness tracker to help you figure out what Enough means!
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Answers

yeah, fitnesspal is very good but you can also use the excel sheet on the true natural bodybuilding website
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudioAnimal View Post
    yeah, fitnesspal is very good but you can also use the excel sheet on the true natural bodybuilding website
    You can't scan food labels with excel.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TheHardOne View Post
    Using any drugs?

If not, go ahead and use this simple approach (Just stay consistent, keep the drive alive, and get in your daily macro's everyday!)

-1xLBM for protein (mixture of red meat, chicken, fish, eggs...etc..)
    -Carb cycle, 400,300,200,repeat (find carbs that don't cause any gastrointestinal problems)
    -Fat intake 100g(I know that may be a bit low! Need to know more specifics about ya!) (avocado, brazil nuts, almonds, etc...)
    -Supplements.....Krill Oil / Fish Oil / Creatine Mono / Beta Alanine / SLINshot / L-Carnitine-Tartrate or Acetyl L-Carnitine / Yogi Herbal Tea's / NOW foods ADAM multivitamin/mineral complex / Greens supplement / Mucuna(l-dopa) / GHenerate / Liquid T-911+7 keto spray / Caffiene+Citrulline Malate+Agmatine Pre workout!

^^^Affordable, covers the basics. (training wise, learn how to feel the stretch on every single one of your exercises! Very important for hypertrophy! I could stay here and write a book but I gotta go beat some cheeks!

Happy Bulking!
    Not even HALF of those supplements are staples. No supplement is essential at all anyway, what IS essential is MACRO-NUTRIENT values...which you are just firing out of nowhere since they are DEPENDENT ON BODY WEIGHT (more like Lean Body Mass but people don't usually know their exact value).

OP keep in mind what makes you grow is a surplus of kCalories. So estimate your TDEE (Total day Energy Expenditure) with any of the formulas out there and add a surplus , 250-500-1000 kCals , your choice anyway...just keep in mind REAL essential macro nutrients and their VALUES are:

-Protein 1g/lb of bodyweight
    -Fat .45-.5g/lb of bodyweight
    -Carbs: non-essential

You add carbohydrates to fill up the rest of the kCaloric allotment and depending on the surplus you are creating. While those are just essential values, you can always have them a bit higher, though no inherent benefit will come from them unless on AAS/PH/DS for the fact that the human body cannot naturally synthesize that much protein...and excess fat leads to excess kCalories too, thus the carbohydrates you are intaking can be stored as body fat...

If you feel you are gaining too fast (more than .5 to 1lb per week) then cut back on the kCalories a bit, make the surplus a bit smaller and carry on. It is a hit and miss, trial and error if you may. Once you figure out your Maintenance level for kCalories (TDEE) and your body's reaction to surplus/deficit kCalories...then it gets easier.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    You can't scan food labels with excel.
    yeah I know, but it has a nutrition table with all the foods, it really helps me with the diet calculations
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Not even HALF of those supplements are staples. No supplement is essential at all anyway, what IS essential is MACRO-NUTRIENT values...which you are just firing out of nowhere since they are DEPENDENT ON BODY WEIGHT (more like Lean Body Mass but people don't usually know their exact value).

OP keep in mind what makes you grow is a surplus of kCalories. So estimate your TDEE (Total day Energy Expenditure) with any of the formulas out there and add a surplus , 250-500-1000 kCals , your choice anyway...just keep in mind REAL essential macro nutrients and their VALUES are:

-Protein 1g/lb of bodyweight
    -Fat .45-.5g/lb of bodyweight
    -Carbs: non-essential

You add carbohydrates to fill up the rest of the kCaloric allotment and depending on the surplus you are creating. While those are just essential values, you can always have them a bit higher, though no inherent benefit will come from them unless on AAS/PH/DS for the fact that the human body cannot naturally synthesize that much protein...and excess fat leads to excess kCalories too, thus the carbohydrates you are intaking can be stored as body fat...

If you feel you are gaining too fast (more than .5 to 1lb per week) then cut back on the kCalories a bit, make the surplus a bit smaller and carry on. It is a hit and miss, trial and error if you may. Once you figure out your Maintenance level for kCalories (TDEE) and your body's reaction to surplus/deficit kCalories...then it gets easier.
    Jeez C! lol! Yeah your right, and those staples were staples according to me(which ill acknowledge next time), also I didn't say they were essential, and me firing out of "nowhere"? Common C I was just giving "easy to read / understand" basic advice, I didn't want to get to to specific yet,.....,but yes... my post was just a "half-a$$" post because I was running short on time, I guess ill make sure I can make a detailed post next time.

But hey, I got some questions to ask ya if you don't mind.(via pm)
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Jeez C! lol! Yeah your right, and those staples were staples according to me(which ill acknowledge next time), also I didn't say they were essential, and me firing out of "nowhere"? Common C I was just giving "easy to read / understand" basic advice, I didn't want to get to to specific yet,.....,but yes... my post was just a "half-a$$" post because I was running short on time, I guess ill make sure I can make a detailed post next time.

But hey, I got some questions to ask ya if you don't mind.(via pm)
    Ask away, just saying bro...Liquid t-911 is a PH , GHenerate/L-dopa/multi/greens supplements/slinshot/herbal teas are not essential...and for someone who is peeking into the sport a ph recommendation seems a bit harsh ! Multi's are nice and have their place but if he is bulking he MIGHT not need it (unless he can't eat greens)...apply the same for greens supplements...a GDA is something of taste, he has to check which one he might like...and tea blimey we are not brits! haha. Oh yeah...and L-dopa is not a go and get it supp either ! it's good, but shouldn't be taken for a long time without 5-HTP
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Ask away, just saying bro...Liquid t-911 is a PH , GHenerate/L-dopa/multi/greens supplements/slinshot/herbal teas are not essential...and for someone who is peeking into the sport a ph recommendation seems a bit harsh ! Multi's are nice and have their place but if he is bulking he MIGHT not need it (unless he can't eat greens)...apply the same for greens supplements...a GDA is something of taste, he has to check which one he might like...and tea blimey we are not brits! haha. Oh yeah...and L-dopa is not a go and get it supp either ! it's good, but shouldn't be taken for a long time without 5-HTP
    Was just giving him basic advice with supplements that work well for enhancing goals like insulin sensitivity, growth hormones, Testosterone, liver health, etc.....

No! Liquid T-911 won't cause shutdown. (with the label recs that is )

Ughh! The DAMN TEA WAS FOR HEALTH REASONS! ROAR!!!!!

L-Dopa isn't great to take long term as you said, and yeah I should have put 5-htp in it aswell.

Ok, ill just make sure my post are super detailed next time.(even though I don't like doing that for beginners(at first).....at first I preach consistency, staying basic...then the logic / real science comes in)

ROFL! But yeah...you got some pm's comin' your way soon Pimp!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Was just giving him basic advice with supplements that work well for enhancing goals like insulin sensitivity, growth hormones, Testosterone, liver health, etc.....

No! Liquid T-911 won't cause shutdown. (with the label recs that is )

Ughh! The DAMN TEA WAS FOR HEALTH REASONS! ROAR!!!!!

L-Dopa isn't great to take long term as you said, and yeah I should have put 5-htp in it aswell.

Ok, ill just make sure my post are super detailed next time.(even though I don't like doing that for beginners(at first).....at first I preach consistency, staying basic...then the logic / real science comes in)

ROFL! But yeah...you got some pm's comin' your way soon Pimp!
    You should not give him a cookie cutter recipe for supplements other than diet, training, sleeping...and he asked for diet. If he is a beginner it will be all he needs, you could stretch it for some creatine and fish oil (IMO most basic supplements...) and caffeine as his PWO. The point is not to let people forget that diet and exercise (with proper sleep) are enough and supplements are just an extra (albeit some do work a lot).

And T-911 , regardless if it shuts down or not brother, is still a prohormone...and if he keeps on using it or mega doses it...well sooner or later it might happen ! Just saying bro we don't even know if he is 21!

It's all good you care about the OP and tried to help, thought's what counts bro!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Answers

You should not give him a cookie cutter recipe for supplements other than diet, training, sleeping...and he asked for diet. If he is a beginner it will be all he needs, you could stretch it for some creatine and fish oil (IMO most basic supplements...) and caffeine as his PWO. The point is not to let people forget that diet and exercise (with proper sleep) are enough and supplements are just an extra (albeit some do work a lot).

And T-911 , regardless if it shuts down or not brother, is still a prohormone...and if he keeps on using it or mega doses it...well sooner or later it might happen ! Just saying bro we don't even know if he is 21!

It's all good you care about the OP and tried to help, thought's what counts bro!
    Label Recs dude..Label Recs.....thats the whole point to follow the duration/doses to not cause shutdown......but F it!

OP go run some Superdrol at 50mg a day without any liver support...which is banned...then go F yourself.

ROFL. Solid a$$ advice ye boi?

Ok, enough joking, lol.
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  18. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza

SLINshot is a staple.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    SLINshot is a staple.
    SD is a staple in my book, pop them bitches like tic tacs and you'll be big in no time brah
    I don't go lift, I don't go workout, I don't go train....I go get sexy....sexy as fwuark!!!!!!!!!
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xigotmailx View Post
    SD is a staple in my book, pop them bitches like tic tacs and you'll be big in no time brah
    Yeah Buddy!!!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  21. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Answers

What if u pop 4 to 5 tic tacs on the regular? And no offense but u must not follow through with ur philosophy cuz i dont see u being big Anytime.
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wrathchild281 View Post
    What if u pop 4 to 5 tic tacs on the regular? And no offense but u must not follow through with ur philosophy cuz i dont see u being big Anytime.
    I relapsed #drugsarebad /endstory
    I don't go lift, I don't go workout, I don't go train....I go get sexy....sexy as fwuark!!!!!!!!!
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

So much fail in here..
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Answers

yeah,i was wondering what the heck happened in here.
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Answers

I relapsed #drugsarebad /endstory
    sorry to hear man. My advice if u get back into it try and hit some goals natural and once u meet those reward urself again with poppin sd like tic tacs if thats what u do.
  27. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Answers

wow.gotta love this place.way to stay on subject guys.take the personal bashes to pms.
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Back on topic

Protein Sources:
    Chicken
    Turkey
    Fish
    Beef
    Pork

Carb Sources:
    Bread *whole wheat*
    Pasta *whole wheat*
    Rice *brown*
    Oats
    Potatoes *sweet*

Fat Sources:
    Eggs
    Cheese
    Avocado
    Olive Oil
    Peanut Butter
  29. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Answers

Protein Sources:
    Chicken
    Turkey
    Fish
    Beef
    Pork

Carb Sources:
    Bread *whole wheat*
    Pasta *whole wheat*
    Rice *brown*
    Oats
    Potatoes *sweet*

Fat Sources:
    Eggs
    Cheese
    Avocado
    Olive Oil
    Peanut Butter
    thank you,much better!
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

My own question in your thread, will probably help you as well. I know that as long as I hit my macros it's all good, so going over is fine? Is that correct? I've been trying to create a meal plan for myself because I also want to start cooking in bulk for at least the entire week at a time. After meal 4 i've already hit my protein macro but shy on the calories by 800, carbs by 110, and fats by 17. All this real food turns out to be so much food with still few quite a bit of calories left to hit. How the hell is over half of America overweight? Da ****
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bulking diet critique (YellowJacket??)
    By Blazer88 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-20-2011, 10:51 AM
  2. Want To Bulk Up/Gain Weight?
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 03:44 PM
  3. Tx's Bulking Journal.
    By txwakeskater in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-29-2002, 02:21 AM
  4. Bulking and T1: Just wondering...