NEW - Need some diet help

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.5%

NEW - Need some diet help

Hello,
    Wanted to start off and let you all know some general info about me and where exactly I should begin, since I'm motivated to gain.
    Im looking to gain size as well as weight, but size as in mass and being toned. I'm 5''8 145lbs and have high metabolism.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.93%

What does your current nutrition plan look like now? Do you know about how many calories you are taking in?
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.5%

Don't really know how much calorie intake I'm taking in, but if I were to estimate its roughly around 3,000 to 4,000 but with my metabolism it's hard to gain any weight.
    Morning: 3 eggs peanut butter sandwich
    Noon: snack: ranging from protein shake to fruits
    Noon: lunch: chicken breast fried boneless and rice
    Mid-Day: snack: protein bar or shake with baked potato, rice and peanut butter sandwich
    Dinner: steak or chicken with rice and veggies.

That's just for right now, cause I'm willing to change my meal plan completely so I can get on track to fixing this metabolism crisis and be on my way to gaining and getting what I need in my system to start a diet and working out session.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.92%

MEAL1
    1 1/2 - 2 cups oats 2 scoops whey protein
    MEAL2
    6 whole eggs, brocolli
    MEAL3
    Rice & 200g chicken breast salad
    MEAL4
    Pasta 200g chicken breast salad
    MEAL5
    280g beef steak salad
    MEAL6
    2 scoops casein shake or 1cup cottage cheese + 1 scoop whey 2 tbsp peanut butter

Start eating somthing like this and you will grow.
    Train heavy and sleep well

magic formula to grow .. simple and basic
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.98%

Quote Originally Posted by BruceLF View Post
    Don't really know how much calorie intake I'm taking in, but if I were to estimate its roughly around 3,000 to 4,000 but with my metabolism it's hard to gain any weight.
    Morning: 3 eggs peanut butter sandwich
    Noon: snack: ranging from protein shake to fruits
    Noon: lunch: chicken breast fried boneless and rice
    Mid-Day: snack: protein bar or shake with baked potato, rice and peanut butter sandwich
    Dinner: steak or chicken with rice and veggies.

That's just for right now, cause I'm willing to change my meal plan completely so I can get on track to fixing this metabolism crisis and be on my way to gaining and getting what I need in my system to start a diet and working out session.

Not enough foood. Counting calories will help you hit your goals but if you aren't that serious about it you just have to force feed more food. Maybe instead of eating a "snack" change them to meals. 5-6 meals a day 4-500 cals each meal should get you growing.
    “Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.” -R.I.P Zyzz-
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.71%

As was said above start counting calories, aim for a macro split of 1 Fat-2 Protein-3 Carbs. Also ways to to add quick calories is have a glass of milk with every meal. You can also make your own mass gaining shakes, 1 cup of oats, 2 Tablespoons of olive oil,1-2 servings of peanut butter, protein powder and milk, easy 1100-1300 calories
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.75%

i just like to say, your well on your way to building a good body cause most of the effort in bodybuilding is diet. the fun part of bodybuilding is in the gym pumping weights, however there is also some technique that you should follow in the gym that arnt hard to understand. all you need to know is 12 reps x 3 sets for each exercise.

back to diet, easiest way is to pay a personal trainer to work out your resting metabolic kj intake, and the daily usage kj intake to get a proper value for how much you actually need to eat. if money a problem, then basically you need to eat roughly to my knowedlge 11000 kj a day. depending on what you do throughout the day but this is an average kj intake for your size.

just remember you dont wanna gain weight and it will all be fat thats ****ed up. you want it to be muscle, your actually in a good state right now to build muscle cause you dont have to lose fat like most other ppl.

oats, green leafy veggies, rice, pasta, chicken breast, turkey, almonds!(good for u), bananas, apples, whey protein with water dw about milk makes you gain fat raises estrogen levels, peanut butter sandwiches, fish.

so a daily meal would be
    meal 1
    80g oats with egg whites and tiny bit of milk
    meal 2
    banana and almonds
    meal 3
    chicken breast, veggies and rice (try making a rissoto maybe)
    meal 4
    peanut butter sandwich and can tuna on some bread
    meal 5
    (after workout) protein shake with water.... mass gainer protein supplement
    meal 6
    turkey spaghetti

remember cause there are so many meals in one day, they arnt very large besides the main meals such as breakfast, lunch and dinner.

dont get fat, build muscle by eating right and healthy and hitting the gym with good rest (8hrs) sleep

the other examples that the other guys said sound ok too, but id say use mine

note: 11000kj = 2600 calories... if your eating 3000 calories you doing ok, it comes down to how much you do thorughout the day aswell so if your contantly doing stuff you can eat up to 3000 calories.

Similar Forum Threads

1. New here and need some guidance, help.
    By xwindowuser in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 01:35 PM
  2. Need Some diet Help
    By wti66stang in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 10:39 PM
  3. Need Some Diet Help...
    By oxman in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 02:35 PM
  4. New need some help