Fill my Grocery Cart for SD bulk cycle please

SDking

SDking

Banned
Awards
So im getting ready to start my next SD bulk cycle and i could use some advice on what groceries to buy. I already know to get chicken beef fish steaks. Im wondering what other HIGH calorie LOW fat foods are good to pick for my cycle. It seems like most healthy foods are low in cals so i could use some advice. Fill my shopping cart, thanks!

BMStricklin

BMStricklin

Awards
Peanuts/Almonds/Walnuts or mixture.. High in GOOD Fats and protein
Whole Oats(oatmeal, but not the sugary instant fruit flavors).. High in carbs and just plain good for you
Extra Virgin Olive Oil .. High in Calories but VERY high in GOOD Fats
Natural Peanut Butter .. High in Calories/Good Fats/ and protein.. BUT it needs to be natty, nothing with Partially Hydrogenated Oils
Whole Eggs or Egg Whites or mixture .. your preference, for the protein
Baked Potatoes .. High in Carbs
Any Whole Wheat Pasta and Bread. Self explanatory.

I am assuming your looking for a clean bulk. Just remember Carbs are what make you bigger, Protein rebuilds your muscles, and Fats are your body's true energy source. Sugary Carbs will make you bigger, but more in the midsection than Complex Carbs will. Hope this helps. Remember Fats are good for you as long as they are GOOD fats and in moderation. Shoot for .5 Grams per Body Lbs.

SDking

SDking

Banned
Awards
Awesome thanks for the post! I love me some eggs but they are just to low in cals for a bulk IMO. occasionally ill down 5-6 RAW egg whites with 2 whole eggs on the way to work for breakfast. but thanks good info here!

BMStricklin

BMStricklin

Awards
Awesome thanks for the post! I love me some eggs but they are just to low in cals for a bulk IMO. occasionally ill down 5-6 RAW egg whites with 2 whole eggs on the way to work for breakfast. but thanks good info here!
No Problem Bud. If you find time to cook the eggs, fry them in the olive oil. Its like 190 Cal per Tbs or something like that, which adds a TON of the best fats as well.

mls51112

mls51112

Awards
try ground turkey for meatloafs and turkey bacon.. and, you can use avocado on sandwiches instead of mayo for a change of pace. I've got lots of recipes if you need any.

SDking

SDking

Banned
Awards
^thanks ..and i cant beleive no1 said sweet potato! Anyone else wanna add?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
^thanks ..and i cant beleive no1 said sweet potato! Anyone else wanna add?
Thats a complex carb, he mentioned it.
If your going clean those types of foods should be a given. :)

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
try ground turkey for meatloafs and turkey bacon.. and, you can use avocado on sandwiches instead of mayo for a change of pace. I've got lots of recipes if you need any.
^^^ she feeds a beast in her house so she would know fo sho!!!

also Humice in place of mayo, good stuff too

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
A lot of good info,I eat any and everything,and them some when on,just remember that sd is a carb monster so make sure you get them,good luck man

iTechEW

Awards
So im getting ready to start my next SD bulk cycle and i could use some advice on what groceries to buy. I already know to get chicken beef fish steaks. Im wondering what other HIGH calorie LOW fat foods are good to pick for my cycle. It seems like most healthy foods are low in cals so i could use some advice. Fill my shopping cart, thanks!
I'm a new to this so what exactly is SD?

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Use the search bar my friend.^^

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I sub almond butter for peanut butter. Jasmine rice is heaven. Ground 93/7 beef,ground turkey,chicken breasts,fruits and veggies. SD is a carb monster but you can keep the carbs nutritional.

iTechEW

Awards
Use the search bar my friend.^^
I have. All I find is people talking about their SD cycle no one says what it is. If you could link me to one I'd appreciate it cause I can't find one.

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
I have. All I find is people talking about their SD cycle no one says what it is. If you could link me to one I'd appreciate it cause I can't find one.
superdrol

to op, get rice/pasta, bulk fat free milk if you can hande the taste. potatoes, eggs, turkey sausage for brakfast with 2 cups milk is fukin delicious. if you feel like cheating on carbs, get pancake mix and throw in a scoop of protein with one cup of pancake mix. perfect ratio so it stays pancakey. lean beef is expensive, if you have the wallet go for it. you can also get ground turkey if youre scared of saturated fat. if going cheap, this is the igest game changer - get like 4 different sauces so you dont get bored of chicken. i have mandarin, orange sauce, and yoshida sauce for chicken/tilapia so i dont get the same taste iver and over and over. tilapia is almost as cheap as chicken btw and is a very good choice

iTechEW

Awards
superdrol

to op, get rice/pasta, bulk fat free milk if you can hande the taste. potatoes, eggs, turkey sausage for brakfast with 2 cups milk is fukin delicious. if you feel like cheating on carbs, get pancake mix and throw in a scoop of protein with one cup of pancake mix. perfect ratio so it stays pancakey. lean beef is expensive, if you have the wallet go for it. you can also get ground turkey if youre scared of saturated fat. if going cheap, this is the igest game changer - get like 4 different sauces so you dont get bored of chicken. i have mandarin, orange sauce, and yoshida sauce for chicken/tilapia so i dont get the same taste iver and over and over. tilapia is almost as cheap as chicken btw and is a very good choice
Finally someone can explain it to me! Thanks man I appreciate the explanation.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
While I can easily see that a moderate fat intake is normal and acceptable, I have found that a low fat diet (albeit healthy fats only) works well at keeping me lean during bulk phase.

For instance, I'd say 10-15% of daily intake in fats, with less than a third of those in saturated fats. I personally think high carb/ high protein diets are the way to go. And if you can afford it, I'd say a 1 to 1 ratio of protein to carbs is ideal.

So something like 40% carbs, 40% protein, 10% fats and 10% MCT oils. This approach is very similar to alot of amatuer and pro level bodybuilders if that makes any difference. Generally speaking, low fat and high quality carbs are the main aspects. I'd also load up on BCAA's and creatine monohydrate as part of my daily diet as well. Avoid fruits altogether since fructose converts to fats very easily. If you eat plenty of starchy carbs and fibrous carbs you'll easily make up for the nutrients that you don't get from the absence of fruits.

This is only my opinion which has been based on my own experiences. So figure your first week of calories/day and do the math to calculate the protein and carb amounts. Then figure 10% for fats. Use the other 10% in MCT oil - which is the wild card of supplements if you ask me. It's good for bulking and cutting! If you do cardio a few times per week during the morning before breakfast and you eat +500 calories over maintenance you'll see some lean mass gains I promise!

Also, pancakes and pasta are fine as long as they are whole grain or whole wheats. You need to have a healthy amount of fiber in each meal to slow down the digestion of those carbs. This gives you long bouts of energy which is good for muscle building because it provides consistency in nutrient partitioning, yet it also avoid spikes in insulin which would be likely to contribute to fat gain moreso than muscle building. I like to aim for a "trickle effect" of insulin. Not a spike!

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
While I can easily see that a moderate fat intake is normal and acceptable, I have found that a low fat diet (albeit healthy fats only) works well at keeping me lean during bulk phase.

For instance, I'd say 10-15% of daily intake in fats, with less than a third of those in saturated fats. I personally think high carb/ high protein diets are the way to go. And if you can afford it, I'd say a 1 to 1 ratio of protein to carbs is ideal.

So something like 40% carbs, 40% protein, 10% fats and 10% MCT oils. This approach is very similar to alot of amatuer and pro level bodybuilders if that makes any difference. Generally speaking, low fat and high quality carbs are the main aspects. I'd also load up on BCAA's and creatine monohydrate as part of my daily diet as well. Avoid fruits altogether since fructose converts to fats very easily. If you eat plenty of starchy carbs and fibrous carbs you'll easily make up for the nutrients that you don't get from the absence of fruits.

BOOM! A couple hours of researching and building my diet plan I finally get an answer I was looking for. I've found it easy to hit my macros for carbs and protein but fats seem hard for me to get in with the diet i've chosen. I've been looking to see if it's alright to have a lower than .5g of fat per pound of body weight. The only thing I could come up with is eggs for breakfast for fats and maybe some peanut butter somewhere in the day. Avocados on food would be good as well, so maybe I just need to start prepping my food out. I just wanted to get a set diet so I can cook in bulk, at least a week at a time

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BOOM! A couple hours of researching and building my diet plan I finally get an answer I was looking for. I've found it easy to hit my macros for carbs and protein but fats seem hard for me to get in with the diet i've chosen. I've been looking to see if it's alright to have a lower than .5g of fat per pound of body weight. The only thing I could come up with is eggs for breakfast for fats and maybe some peanut butter somewhere in the day. Avocados on food would be good as well, so maybe I just need to start prepping my food out. I just wanted to get a set diet so I can cook in bulk, at least a week at a time
It's perfectly fine to have a very low fat diet. Fat is a survival mechanism built into our body to help us sustain energy levels when the energy isn't available in food. However, when you are eating 300-400g carbs every day, what makes you think you need 30% of your intake in fats? Since food is readily available to eat, take advantage and lower your fat set point by reducing the fat intake and doing some moderate to high intensity cardio a few times per week.

What I recommend is reducing the dietary fat down to about 5-10% and supplementing with GLA's and Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids in a moderate dosing. Get your healthy fats but reduce the other types down to nearly nothing. Replace those calories with complex carbs and MCT oil for muscle-building and fat-burning nutrition.

Again, this is what I do and it works no doubt. Every person I put on this program benefits greatly in their quest for being lean and muscular.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
It's perfectly fine to have a very low fat diet. Fat is a survival mechanism built into our body to help us sustain energy levels when the energy isn't available in food. However, when you are eating 300-400g carbs every day, what makes you think you need 30% of your intake in fats? Since food is readily available to eat, take advantage and lower your fat set point by reducing the fat intake and doing some moderate to high intensity cardio a few times per week.

What I recommend is reducing the dietary fat down to about 5-10% and supplementing with GLA's and Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids in a moderate dosing. Get your healthy fats but reduce the other types down to nearly nothing. Replace those calories with complex carbs and MCT oil for muscle-building and fat-burning nutrition.

Again, this is what I do and it works no doubt. Every person I put on this program benefits greatly in their quest for being lean and muscular.

i think high protein/fat, med carb is the way to go myself.
more carbs and more sugar spiks could add un-needed fatgain for people not expert on their diet.

i find nicer leaner gains with less faqt bu going highprotein, med fat, med carb. for bulking and higher fat for cutting.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i think high protein/fat, med carb is the way to go myself.
more carbs and more sugar spiks could add un-needed fatgain for people not expert on their diet.

i find nicer leaner gains with less faqt bu going highprotein, med fat, med carb. for bulking and higher fat for cutting.

And I respect the fact that people are different too.

However, as a side note, I would also experience the fat gain myself on a high carb diet which is precisely why I include very particular types of slow-releasing carbs alongside a very high fiber intake (45-50g/day). I have found that the combination of fiber with slow-releasing complex carbs and a high protein diet actually drastically slow down the digestion of the food which eliminates the insulin spike and rather creates a trickle. Trickle is good because what most people do not realize is that while insulin causes fat gain in some cases (usually associated with simple sugar intake), insulin is also essential in muscle building. Furthermore, without the presence of insulin, certain nutrients such as amino acids do not get shuttled to the cell. This makes it necessary for insulin to be present at least to some degree in every meal.

I realize that proteins illicit some insulin activity - but not very much with the exception of whey protein. Whey, for whatever reason, causes an insulin spike. It gives me sugar crashes actually which is why I always take it with other food to slow the rate of digestion of whey.

I can also agree that eveything in moderation (with exception being protein intake) is also a safe way to see slow steady results. Keeping protein high in any case is essential. Good talk, sir.