My 4 day bulking routine

JMuscleLDN

JMuscleLDN

Awards
Hey guys/girls,

I am still cutting for another month or so but I am already in the process of planning my bulking phase. I just wanted to see some opinions on my planned 4 day bulking routine. My main goal is to to put on lean muscle as well as strength.

SIZE AND STRENGTH:

MONDAY - SQUATS, WEIGHTED PULLUPS, T-BAR ROWS, SHRUG, CURL.
TUESDAY - INCLINE DB, FLAT BB, MILITARY PRESS, DIPS, Side rasies
WEDNESDAY - REST OR CARDIO/ABS
THURSDAY - SQUATS OR DEADLIFTS, BARBELL ROW, DUMBBELL ROW, PULLUPS, SHRUG, CURL
FRIDAY - FLAT BB, INCLINE DB, MILITARY OR DB PRESS, DIPS, X1 TRICEP ISO

3-4 sets of 6-10 reps for the compounds movements. I am only 145lbs so my main focus is to just smash out the compound movements with some isolation movements to finish my workouts off.

Opinions would be great!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Hey guys/girls,

I am still cutting for another month or so but I am already in the process of planning my bulking phase. I just wanted to see some opinions on my planned 4 day bulking routine. My main goal is to to put on lean muscle as well as strength.

SIZE AND STRENGTH:

MONDAY - SQUATS, WEIGHTED PULLUPS, T-BAR ROWS, SHRUG, CURL.
TUESDAY - INCLINE DB, FLAT BB, MILITARY PRESS, DIPS, Side rasies
WEDNESDAY - REST OR CARDIO/ABS
THURSDAY - SQUATS OR DEADLIFTS, BARBELL ROW, DUMBBELL ROW, PULLUPS, SHRUG, CURL
FRIDAY - FLAT BB, INCLINE DB, MILITARY OR DB PRESS, DIPS, X1 TRICEP ISO

3-4 sets of 6-10 reps for the compounds movements. I am only 145lbs so my main focus is to just smash out the compound movements with some isolation movements to finish my workouts off.

Opinions would be great!

Look for West Side for Skinny Bastards or Wendler 5/3/1...best 4 day routines for beginners and they will teach you to split UPPER and LOWER body...and you will learn about progression, rep ranges, and training MOVEMENTS NOT MUSCLE GROUPS...

Bulkin is achieved by nutrition anyway, so revisit your concepts on it and reprogram your diet to be on a proper surplus and Macro-nutrient allotment.

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
Your routine looks solid.
What will be most important to your success will be your diet.
Good luck.
Peace

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
(Insert what Celorza said here) - could not have said it better myself.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Your routine looks solid.
What will be most important to your success will be your diet.
Good luck.
Peace
He should be doing Abs with lower body exercises as assistance. In what way are Pull Ups ok in a lower body focused day? That is if his monday was lower body, but it seems like he is mixing Back and Lower body...he will be better off learning about movements and proper splitting of the body and movements rather than thinking like a "split-the-muscles" kind of trainee...

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He should be doing Abs with lower body exercises as assistance. In what way are Pull Ups ok in a lower body focused day? That is if his monday was lower body, but it seems like he is mixing Back and Lower body...he will be better off learning about movements and proper splitting of the body and movements rather than thinking like a "split-the-muscles" kind of trainee...
Think hes going with compression and decompression spine movements. Squats=compression, weighted pull ups decompression.

JMuscleLDN

JMuscleLDN

Awards
Hey, I've actually done westside for skinny bastards (i think it was version two) when i played american football with my friends. We switched to the routine i posted above and we made better strength/size gains :)

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Think hes going with compression and decompression spine movements. Squats=compression, weighted pull ups decompression.
I actually thought so...but then again look at the rest of the Back-oriented-stuff...looks like he is trying to do Back/chest/rest/back/chest-shoulder on his 4 days...along with SOME meager attempt at legs...when he should be doing more Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Press, Standing OH mainly...and then the rest as assistance...I mean nothing wrong with weighted Pullups and weighted dips! But those are assistance movements...going for plain down isolation movements seems rather un-necessary for a beginner!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Hey, I've actually done westside for skinny bastards (i think it was version two) when i played american football with my friends. We switched to the routine i posted above and we made better strength/size gains :)
Check out 5/3/1 with the Periodization Bible , or actually...Boring but Big scheme with the BBB challenge! It will get you all the hypertrophy and strength you need! I would know...I am your size...

JMuscleLDN

JMuscleLDN

Awards
He should be doing Abs with lower body exercises as assistance. In what way are Pull Ups ok in a lower body focused day?
Iron Addict's Simple power based routine used pullups/chinups on the same day as squats and deadlifts :)

JMuscleLDN

JMuscleLDN

Awards
Cheers i will check 5/3/1 out, alot of people in the bodybuilding forums seem to be loving that routine :)

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Iron Addict's Simple power based routine used pullups/chinups on the same day as squats and deadlifts :)
Idk who is "Iron Addict's" but I can tell you that Wendler , Rippetoe , Norton and other pro trainers have made their homework as far as kinesiology and the metabolic and anabolic effect their workouts have.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Cheers i will check 5/3/1 out, alot of people in the bodybuilding forums seem to be loving that routine :)
Buy the book, cheap as hell and 90~ pages long...comes with full description in the key stuff needed to do the program.

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
Buy the book, cheap as hell and 90~ pages long...comes with full description in the key stuff needed to do the program.
Plan on running this in a couple months def gotta pick this up.

It's got five stars on amazon..just sayin lol

akoli

akoli

Awards
no offense but i dont think he need to be doing any extra ab work if he doesnt want to, good compound excercises should suffice his core and build proper abs if he eats well...

"just one mans' opinion"

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
no offense but i dont think he need to be doing any extra ab work if he doesnt want to, good compound excercises should suffice his core and build proper abs if he eats well...

"just one mans' opinion"
No offense but direct core training is good for beginners, once he learns to perform the big compounds perfectly then I agree with you he won't need any extra ab work if he doesn't want to do it. That being said, no reason to do abs on a rest/cardio day since they are also a muscle, unless one falls in the mindset of shredding beach muscles which also doesn't work.

"Just my opinion"

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards

"just one mans' opinion"
Celorza didnt suggest he do abs... abs are in the OP's original plan, he just suggested moving it to a different day if he was going to do it.

"just the damn facts"