Life changing bulk

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking for some advice to set up an awesome bulk this winter. I'm only 1 year into bodybuilding, and I'm totally addicted. haha. I'm 6'3", and lanky, so its been hard filling out my frame. I've always been very skinny, but I trained (and ate) my ass off last winter and packed on a lot of weight... unfortunately, I did a dirty bulk and ate 4,500 calories of fast food everyday... so I gained a lot of fat. I stuck religiously to a low carb diet in the spring, and got cut up, so I'm totally dedicated to this. So bodybuilding veterans, enlighten me... what should I do to get swoll this year? Other than aas, cause I wanna reach my natural limit first. I was thinking a lean bulk, with about 400-500 calories over my maintenance. Any diet or workout advice is welcome. Thanks guys!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I'm looking for some advice to set up an awesome bulk this winter. I'm only 1 year into bodybuilding, and I'm totally addicted. haha. I'm 6'3", and lanky, so its been hard filling out my frame. I've always been very skinny, but I trained (and ate) my ass off last winter and packed on a lot of weight... unfortunately, I did a dirty bulk and ate 4,500 calories of fast food everyday... so I gained a lot of fat. I stuck religiously to a low carb diet in the spring, and got cut up, so I'm totally dedicated to this. So bodybuilding veterans, enlighten me... what should I do to get swoll this year? Other than aas, cause I wanna reach my natural limit first. I was thinking a lean bulk, with about 400-500 calories over my maintenance. Any diet or workout advice is welcome. Thanks guys!
Takes way more than a year, it is a lifestyle and it is an average of MANY years to reach a pleasant physique. Post of your diet and lets see if I (we) can help you out. Just understand this is a lifelong process...not a year or two goal.

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Yea, I didn't mean to imply that I wanted all my dreams to come true by next summer. haha. But I would like to make some serious progress too. But here's what I'm shooting for on my bulk diet...
calories: 3500

protein: at least 262 grams

Carbs: at least 262 grams
I'll try to shoot for low gi carbs during the day, then some high gi carbs post workout. I'd like to eat all my carbs before like 8pm, considering I go to bed at like 2am. I'd like to include about 15 -20 grams of fibrous carbs at lunch if possible.

fats: max of 155 grams.
This seems like a lot of fat to me, but I have a wicked fast metabolism, so I figure if I try to make most of it good fats I should be okay. Peanut butter is good to go right? I love that ****. haha

Supplements:
Whey protein isolate post workout, casein protein before bed. L Glutamine throughout the day. Arginine, creatine, and beta alanine pre workout. More creatine and beta alanine post workout. My friend has some vital labs Powerdrol that he wants to sell me for like $10, so I'm prolly gonna buy that. I'm thinkin I should prolly natural bulk for a month or 2, then take the powerdrol, do my pct, and bulk for another month or so, then start cutting again in the spring.

What do you think?

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
oh, and I weigh like 177lbs at the moment

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Yea, I didn't mean to imply that I wanted all my dreams to come true by next summer. haha. But I would like to make some serious progress too. But here's what I'm shooting for on my bulk diet...
calories: 3500

protein: at least 262 grams

Carbs: at least 262 grams
I'll try to shoot for low gi carbs during the day, then some high gi carbs post workout. I'd like to eat all my carbs before like 8pm, considering I go to bed at like 2am. I'd like to include about 15 -20 grams of fibrous carbs at lunch if possible.

fats: max of 155 grams.
This seems like a lot of fat to me, but I have a wicked fast metabolism, so I figure if I try to make most of it good fats I should be okay. Peanut butter is good to go right? I love that ****. haha

Supplements:
Whey protein isolate post workout, casein protein before bed. L Glutamine throughout the day. Arginine, creatine, and beta alanine pre workout. More creatine and beta alanine post workout. My friend has some vital labs Powerdrol that he wants to sell me for like $10, so I'm prolly gonna buy that. I'm thinkin I should prolly natural bulk for a month or 2, then take the powerdrol, do my pct, and bulk for another month or so, then start cutting again in the spring.

What do you think?
Too much protein, too few carbs, and well I'll let you decide on the fats...it depends oh how well your body processes them.

You are 177lbs right? Well here are the essentials for a Lean-Bulking diet. First off:

Calculate your TDEE and add kCalories to create a surplus! (Believe me it is higher than 3500 kCals, I am 140 and I was eating that to grow 1lb per week :) , a rough estimate for you would be around 3500 kCals for your TDEE, you would have to add 500+ kCals to be gaining weight)

Now lets see Macro Nutrient Essentials are made up like this:

1g of Protein per LB of BW (1g protein= 4 kCals)
.45-.5 g of fat per LB of BW (1g Fat = 9 kCals)

You would thus be around 180g of protein and 85~g of fat (again this are essential levels) so doing some good math calculate the total kCals that ammounts to, now subtract that from your Surplus Caloric Number (Remember that is TDEE+Extra kCals) and Divide it by 4. This equals the Grams of carbs you should ingest.

So lets assume your Surplus is at 4000 kCals (just an example), you would be at:

180g prot
85g fat
620~g of carbs.

Again this are essentials, and I personally have benefited better from this for putting on muscle mass, and many more forum members here can share their experiences and they will fall along the same lines (or along Keto lines, but that's another boat)

Now lets see, you do not have to eat carbs way before bed time, that's broscience. Many people here (including myself) remain fairly lean and have carb meals just before going to bed. Fats can be dangerous too high, not for health issues, but because if you have a lot of carbs in there too, you are likely to use fats as main energy source and store carbs as bodyfat, thus keep it at essential levels.

Hm...supplement wise: Arginine is useless, beta alanine and creatine can be taken any time of the day and not needed to be pre-workout (I would actually suggest POST workout). I would suggest you do NOT do the Powerdrol since you have NO clue of what you are doing at all Nutrition-wise and nutrition is key to making gains.

If you do not know how to make gains naturally...how do you expect to do them on AAS? Magically? Besides you have not even graced your genetic potential even a little, and you have not trained enough to know a proper workout for Mass Building to take full advantage of AAS...If you want help with your training post it up and we can help you out.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Lol do they pay you to answer in such depth haha great job man
Lol I wonder sometimes if Admins get angry when I post so much...yet my payment is only the satisfaction of helping people out..when I started no one helped me out and I made a lot of mistakes. If I can be the one that is there for people when they need at least something to start on...well I'll be there then :) that is the true payment for me...knowing I probably helped someone!

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Celorza knows the deal.

Pistol, just stay dedicated and true to what you're trying to accomplish. Keep researching, keep looking to better yourself on a physical and mental level, and you'll arrive at your goals. The thing is by the time you get there, you'll have new goals. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Too much protein, too few carbs, and well I'll let you decide on the fats...it depends oh how well your body processes them.

You are 177lbs right? Well here are the essentials for a Lean-Bulking diet. First off:

Calculate your TDEE and add kCalories to create a surplus! (Believe me it is higher than 3500 kCals, I am 140 and I was eating that to grow 1lb per week :) , a rough estimate for you would be around 3500 kCals for your TDEE, you would have to add 500+ kCals to be gaining weight)
I like what you said overall but Increasing calories by a lot may not be necessary. It depends on your metabolism and your activity outside the gym. This is something the OP will have to estimate. For example At 6’0 I went from 190-203 by eating 3500-3800 a day. Some would say i had to eat more than that-but thats what worked for me.
Also, I also kept my carbs/protien ration at 1.5/1. Personally, ive found this best for me.

To add an additional tip, Ive found i add less body fat if i eat the majority of my carbs pre and post workout. Thats not to say I won’t have any at other times when bulking-but I do find it a useful way not to gain as much fat.

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Awesome, thanks guys. I'm about to start my bulk in a couple weeks. I'll post some results by the spring. Gettin SWOLL! haha