No Gains!

ET91

Awards
Hey guys I'm new here. I wanted to get some input on what could help me gain a little more weight. I don't consider myself to be an amateur by any means I have been lifting for a few years now and have recently been lifting hard; for the past 6 months or so. In the gym at least 5 days a week. My routine is as follows...

Mon - Shoulders/Tris
Tues. Back/Bis
Wed. Rest
Thurs. Chest
Fri. Rest
Sat. Legs
Sun. Cardio

I'm not trying to be a competition body builder but I feel like I am not seeing any results. I'm 6'3" and stuck at 180. I feel like no matter how hard I work out I don't get any bigger. All I'm looking to do is just add on some lean bulk. My diet isn't horrid and I try to eat somewhat healthy but I don't stick to a regiment of any kind. I also make protein shakes after every workout.

I don't do the same workouts every time I switch up the targeted muscles' workout for muscle confusion but nothing seems to be helping! Is there any supps that I should or any tips anyone has?? Thanks any help is appreciated!

vassille

Awards
Hey guys I'm new here. I wanted to get some input on what could help me gain a little more weight. I don't consider myself to be an amateur by any means I have been lifting for a few years now and have recently been lifting hard; for the past 6 months or so. In the gym at least 5 days a week. My routine is as follows...

Mon - Shoulders/Tris
Tues. Back/Bis
Wed. Rest
Thurs. Chest
Fri. Rest
Sat. Legs
Sun. Cardio

I'm not trying to be a competition body builder but I feel like I am not seeing any results. I'm 6'3" and stuck at 180. I feel like no matter how hard I work out I don't get any bigger. All I'm looking to do is just add on some lean bulk. My diet isn't horrid and I try to eat somewhat healthy but I don't stick to a regiment of any kind. I also make protein shakes after every workout.

I don't do the same workouts every time I switch up the targeted muscles' workout for muscle confusion but nothing seems to be helping! Is there any supps that I should or any tips anyone has?? Thanks any help is appreciated!

post what you eat in a typical day

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
To gain muscle you have to eat enough calories to grow. Simple.

mralex

mralex

Awards
Of what I know if you want to grow muscle it's sample " protein is your best friend"
Google it
To gain muscle you will at least have to have 1.5 grams of protein per each lbs of you weight

Its hard to do but it's possible ! Hope it helps

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Of what I know if you want to grow muscle it's sample " protein is your best friend"
Google it
To gain muscle you will at least have to have 1.5 grams of protein per each lbs of you weight

Its hard to do but it's possible ! Hope it helps
Protein is correct but there are other factors that are equally important.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Would you mind sharing the info ?
What else other than protein ?
Lifting to target the muscle. Focusing on negatives (lifting the right way) over-all diet, & rest/stress levels, staying consistent.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Would you mind sharing the info ?
What else other than protein ?
Fats play a huge role too. eating in caloric excess will promote muscle growth.
Without proper lifting techniques, overall diet, rest (all that aaron has said) muscle growth wont occur; simply because it does not have to and it has no stimulus to.

Tboz

Banned
Awards
Are you training to failure?? Using supersets, drop sets??? full range of motion

A lot of people go to the gym and don't train correctly. Make sure you are using proper form and giving 110%everytime

unc21

unc21

Awards
  • Established
It all boils down to calories, regardless if it's protein, carbs or fat. If you're not gaining, you're not eating.

Post up the diet