LOW CARB BULKING THREAD

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    If bulking, don't be surprised you end up eating over 250g of fat. I am really thinking about trying this, paired up with LeanGains and once a week refeeds, or twice a week small carb ups, seems like a good way to try it out.
    Yeah I know; got to compensate for the calories somehow. I'll prob just do it the recomp way and carb up on aerobic training days and low carb on weight days and see how that works. Because I tend to run for 10-15km i'll need the glycogen on those days to keep me going haha.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Medical420 View Post
    Think of it more as, what was eating the grains after you ate them that causes the digestional problems and the reason foods are not being fully abosrbed, and for me the organ damage as well. If your intestinal track is out of balance, your PH levels change, causing a change in your Hydrocloric acid, resulting in degrees of heartburn, reflux, ulcers etc.
    A 100% healthy human being free from third party organisms can eat, digest, use and expell grains perfectly fine. There are studies to prove it. I believe if you come from the 80's and beyond you have some sort of problem in your intestine. Unless you and your family where free from antibiotics and some pain medication through conception and birth. The facts are out the 1 in 5 has an autoimmune (last years study). I believe 1 in 3 has either a bacterial, fungal, parasitic or microbial inside them. We all know antibiotics kill Good Flora(intestinal bacteria). I myself was on countless antibiotics as a kid ('82 baby).

Here is what I Know

If you have bacteria loss in your intestines, other things that are natural in our digestive system can over populate. Moose over populating because of lack of wolves for example. (Canadian eh). So our natural fungus (we all have candida, just minor it assist in other digestive properties) grows out of control. Causing various conditions (can't post links, wtf)

AND or you can have one of the many parasites out there, or even the dreaded Worms. (can't post links...wtf)
    And, if you have hit a cycle, You may have an intestinal problem. Juice feeds and strengthens them just as much us. Anger comes from them, and their toxins (liver is know as the "seat of anger") juice, toxins and the liver = RoidRage. (unconfirmed my guestimation). I have buddy's that get rage and others that become more Zen. I have my theory!

All of these can change a person inside and out. Certain foods feed them, causing toxic excrement, then our livers and kidneys try to filter them and get over run causing problems (again, my case )

A simple solution if you have absorption problems is check out www renewlife dotcom. 100% herbal, no BS. Check out, ParaGone, ParaZyme, CandiGone, CandiZyme, SmartCleanse, liver cleanse (best product for liver I **** you not. I HAD a critical liver, throw up in the earlymorning due to lack of food)). Ultimate 50billion culture Flora! Too many to list.

Lastly I only share this because I think everyone out there needs to know. Most Practitioners do not recognize. If you have an open minded doctor(the are out there), ask. If they say try "prescription", just leave and go to your local NUTShop and give this **** a go. These cleanses work best on LOW CARB diets too.

Feel free to ask Anything regarding the above. I am no Doctor. This is all reading, self study and trial and error to get over this shiz
    I've been looking into some digestive enzyme, did you take any?
    I def agree that you have to keep your body in a balance in order to feel 100%. The more I've researched I realized that the digestive system is extremely important and the cause of many of my issues.
    Same here been doing trial and error for sometimes. THe more I research the more ppl I run into with similar problems it seems.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    I like this, and very well worded.
    And sorry to hear about the type two diabetes. I think you may well be the first person to convince me that perhaps I should try consuming less carbs and see if it has an overall negitive or postive effect on both body composition and training capacity; thnaks for that

That is true, and typically I fall under this category to a degree; which is why I have such a strong opinion on the topic area. Ill give the low carb thing a run for the next 3 months and note down how I respond to it. Should be an interesting research and log opportunity for me.
    Thanks I appreciate it!
    You welcome and def give it a try. Im glad im making you think Im dead serious about the reprecussions of over using insulin. Find your own balance with this diet, based on your energy requirements. It's not even a diet but more of a lifestyle. It took me sometime to fully get my body to run on fat as fuel maybe 2 months or so if I remember right. Once the body wasnt rusty anymore I could use fatty acids and ketones rather easily now. The point is to have fat and protein as main fuel source and carbs the addition. You might have to eat more fruit to store more glucose if you run that much. Build it up slowly so your body will get used to it. Now I can actually run by just eating fat. It's very interesting how my body adjusted.
    Let me know how this works for you, especially with the recomp.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    If bulking, don't be surprised you end up eating over 250g of fat. I am really thinking about trying this, paired up with LeanGains and once a week refeeds, or twice a week small carb ups, seems like a good way to try it out.
    Yes there are days I do eat 250g of fat or even more. I dont think I ever went passed 300 though. My refeeds or what I call it just a splurge is one big ass meal where I eat anything I please.
    I normally eat 1lb burger with all the trimmings, fries, and a sugar cone ice cream. I prob put down about 2000cal in one meal
    THen I pass out for few hours.
    I do think carbs up are good once or twice a week for one meal each. Start with once a week and work from there.

5. Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post
    Thanks I appreciate it!
    You welcome and def give it a try. Im glad im making you think Im dead serious about the reprecussions of over using insulin. Find your own balance with this diet, based on your energy requirements. It's not even a diet but more of a lifestyle. It took me sometime to fully get my body to run on fat as fuel maybe 2 months or so if I remember right. Once the body wasnt rusty anymore I could use fatty acids and ketones rather easily now. The point is to have fat and protein as main fuel source and carbs the addition. You might have to eat more fruit to store more glucose if you run that much. Build it up slowly so your body will get used to it. Now I can actually run by just eating fat. It's very interesting how my body adjusted.
    Let me know how this works for you, especially with the recomp.
    Yeah, its sort of one of those things that has kind of been hammered into my way of thinking since I started university and often I cringe at the idea of low carb diets, but after your response im willing to give it a try for 3-6months and if it works for me, ill continue it.

Ill keep you updated on how it goes over the next few months
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by vassille

I've been looking into some digestive enzyme, did you take any?
    I def agree that you have to keep your body in a balance in order to feel 100%. The more I've researched I realized that the digestive system is extremely important and the cause of many of my issues.
    Same here been doing trial and error for sometimes. THe more I research the more ppl I run into with similar problems it seems.
    I take renewlife 50 billion culture flora before bed 2hr empty. Apple cider vinegar (I take pills now, unrefined) before every meal will help the good cultures survive and grow in time. Also does a ton more good, including absorption.

It's amazing how many people are doing what we are doing with fantastic results!

iPhone AM.com app
    Appnut 5 Stack
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/215854-8-week-chronic.html

7. Quote Originally Posted by Medical420 View Post
    I take renewlife 50 billion culture flora before bed 2hr empty. Apple cider vinegar (I take pills now, unrefined) before every meal will help the good cultures survive and grow in time. Also does a ton more good, including absorption.

It's amazing how many people are doing what we are doing with fantastic results!

iPhone AM.com app
    Cool thanks for the info!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Yeah, its sort of one of those things that has kind of been hammered into my way of thinking since I started university and often I cringe at the idea of low carb diets, but after your response im willing to give it a try for 3-6months and if it works for me, ill continue it.

Ill keep you updated on how it goes over the next few months
    I have been in your shoes, it takes a while to get your head around eating fat. it's not even that, just eat normal full fat foods first. You will be suprised at the results and it;s not what the common mentality dictates that fat makes you fat!
    Since you have been eating so many carbs transition slowly from carbs to fat so your body gets use to it.
    Funny story, now when i go to the store I actually look for fatier organic beef, organic chicken, heavy cream and dont even look at lean chicken breast anymore..lol

9. One thing I cannot stress enough on low carb is supplementing with electrolytes! Man as soon as I did I was less flat and achieved awesome pumps

10. http://oldschooltrainer.com/vince-gi...r-muscle-gain/

Here's vince girondas book about bulking with low carbs, for you peps who like to read
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bulking on Low-Carb...2days/week re-feeds
    By Distilled Water in forum Bulking
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 05:07 PM
  2. Low-carb while bulking?
    By ozarkaBRAND in forum Bulking
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-26-2007, 04:55 PM
  3. Has anybody tried bulking low carb style?
    By MakaveliThaDon in forum Bulking
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-04-2007, 06:33 PM
  4. Ideas for Optimizing Low Carb Diet for Bulking
    By Nitrox in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-27-2005, 01:14 AM
  5. low carbs and bulking clean
    By orvise in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-11-2004, 04:33 PM