Bulking advice

jgrigs

Awards
Hey guys ,

I need some help , I have been training for 2 years , in that time my knowledge
has grown like crazy. My one problem , is that I dont get the resuts I want quickly and I
Change approach after 3 months.

Im currently , 5'7 157lbs , Ive been training for 2 years , I am now 27 , when I first started
I weighed 162 and I had a skinny body with a gut. Ive gone to 147 super lean and cut but no
mass , and when Bulk I get discourage and I cut immedeately.I am unhappy becuz in 2 yrs all
I have done is go up and down. My diet and training is spot on. I think I dont trust in the right
approach cuz there is so many !

I would like some advice on my return to the last bulk I tried . I want to know if if it's worth seeing through
to my goal , which is to add some muscle to my basic frame I have built in 2 years

Daily meal plan

Meal 1 : 8 egg whites + 1 full egg / Animal pak vitms+ 2 fish oils + 1 milk thistle

Meal 2 : 30gr iso protein + 1 scoop Vitargo + 5 gr bcca and glutamine + 12 almonds

Meal3 : 1 cup yams + green veggies + 200 gr chicken breast + 1 slice high protein cheese + 2 fish oils

Meal 4 ( pre workout) 1 cup white rice + 200 gr red meat

Meal 5 ( post workout ) Meal 2 : 30gr iso protein + 1 scoop Vitargo + 10 gr bcca and glutamine + vitamin c

Meal 6 : Mixed greens + 200 gr salmon

Meal 7 : 30 gr casein protein 5 gr Bcaa + Glutamine 1 tbls natural peanut butter + 3 zma

jgrigs

Awards
My work out schedule is

5 x week

Day 1 chest + abs

Day 2 Back

Day 3 Legs

Day 4 Shoulders + abs

Day 5 Arms

uvawahoowa

Awards
Hey guys ,

I need some help , I have been training for 2 years , in that time my knowledge
has grown like crazy. My one problem , is that I dont get the resuts I want quickly and I
Change approach after 3 months.

Im currently , 5'7 157lbs , Ive been training for 2 years , I am now 27 , when I first started
I weighed 162 and I had a skinny body with a gut. Ive gone to 147 super lean and cut but no
mass , and when Bulk I get discourage and I cut immedeately.I am unhappy becuz in 2 yrs all
I have done is go up and down. My diet and training is spot on. I think I dont trust in the right
approach cuz there is so many !

I would like some advice on my return to the last bulk I tried . I want to know if if it's worth seeing through
to my goal , which is to add some muscle to my basic frame I have built in 2 years

Daily meal plan

Meal 1 : 8 egg whites + 1 full egg / Animal pak vitms+ 2 fish oils + 1 milk thistle

Meal 2 : 30gr iso protein + 1 scoop Vitargo + 5 gr bcca and glutamine + 12 almonds

Meal3 : 1 cup yams + green veggies + 200 gr chicken breast + 1 slice high protein cheese + 2 fish oils

Meal 4 ( pre workout) 1 cup white rice + 200 gr red meat

Meal 5 ( post workout ) Meal 2 : 30gr iso protein + 1 scoop Vitargo + 10 gr bcca and glutamine + vitamin c

Meal 6 : Mixed greens + 200 gr salmon

Meal 7 : 30 gr casein protein 5 gr Bcaa + Glutamine 1 tbls natural peanut butter + 3 zma
Increase fats and carbs. Stop throwing away those yolks, all the healthy **** is in there. This is how I'd do it:

Meal 1 : 4 whole eggs/1.5 cup oatmeal / Animal pak vitms+ 2 fish oils + 1 milk thistle

Meal 2 : 4 oz chicken/10oz yams/green veggies

Meal3 : 10 oz yams + 4 oz chicken breast + veggies + 2 fish oils

Meal 4 ( pre workout) 1 cup white rice + 4 oz red meat + green veggies

Meal 5 ( post workout ) Meal 2 : 30gr iso protein + 1 scoop Vitargo + 10 gr bcca and glutamine + vitamin c (I'd like to see more carbs here, preferably whole food carbs)

Meal 6 : Mixed veggies + 5oz salmon + 1/2 avocado

Pre bed: 3 zma

jgrigs

Awards
I'll look into the tweaks you made, but why cut out the casein protein ?

Considering I never follow a plan for more than 2 months....what should I expect and how long should i do this for?

is 175lbs a possible goal by March ? Will I gain more fat than muscle and will I lose most the weight when I cut ?

Alot of question .... I know , but im an over thinker and I dont want to go into next summer without Increasing my strength and size
im stuck at a plateau and I need out !

uvawahoowa

Awards

Considering I never follow a plan for more than 2 months....what should I expect and how long should i do this for?

is 175lbs a possible goal by March ? Will I gain more fat than muscle and will I lose most the weight when I cut ?

Alot of question .... I know , but im an over thinker and I dont want to go into next summer without Increasing my strength and size
Too much protein and not enough carbs and fat. There is no need for casein pre bed if you are getting sufficient protein during the day. Also you should be getting as much of your protein from whole foods.

You will only be able to put on 1-2 lbs of lean muscle per month max without use of PHs or steroids. Any additional weight put on will be fat. You could get up to 175 fast, but the majority would not be lean body mass. If you cut properly you will maintain the vast majority of muscle and strength.

uvawahoowa

Awards

At your size you should stick to a bill for a year minimum, probably closer to two years. The longer your bulk/cut cycles are the more efficient they will be.

uvawahoowa

Awards
At your size you should stick to a bill for a year minimum, probably closer to two years. The longer your bulk/cut cycles are the more efficient they will be.
*stick to a bulk for a year min

jgrigs

Awards
so at 6 weeks Ive gained 8 lbs and gained lil bit of mid section fat

Is this normal progression ?

uvawahoowa

Awards
so at 6 weeks Ive gained 8 lbs and gained lil bit of mid section fat

Is this normal progression ?
A large part of that is likely water retention and glycogen from the increase in cals. Say 4 lbs. The other 4 lbs is probably 1-2 in muscle and 2-3 in fat. Continue to monitor to see how you progress. A better way of checking is to calculate bodyfat rather than just weight

jgrigs

Awards
how do i calculate it without having to pay for an impedence test at my gym. What pct of body fat should I be around during a bulk?

uvawahoowa

Awards
how do i calculate it without having to pay for an impedence test at my gym. What pct of body fat should I be around during a bulk?
Google how to use calipers. There should be a bunch of vids on YouTube. Bulking bf is whatever you're comfortable with, but I wouldn't go over 15-18%

Jraw

Awards
Don't be afraid to gain weight. If you look at nearly any bodybuilders they built a base when young. The recommendation of bulking for a year is spot on. I had a similar problem fluctuating in weight and barely gaining then I stopped fearing carbs and starting eating and powerlifting and soon enough I went from 170 to 190 fairly lean in about 4 months. Just stick to a routine lifting, and don't make your diet to strict or you won't want to be on it!