Protein shakes as a primary source for calories?
- 09-13-2012, 09:09 AM
No one is saying there is something wrong with Protein shakes. The discussion is whether using protein shakes as a main source of meals is a good thing. I personally cook all my meals each morning before going to work. However, when I was a traveling Microsoft engineer, I used buy those stouffers, or skillet sensations by the dozen, and just throw them in the freezer till I was ready. Tyson makes those 99% fat free chicken breast or strips that are already fully cooked. You can get those at WalMart or Target....even HEB. The biggest thing to look out for is the sodium, but a lot of them are starting lower the sodium. I think you just need to sit down and really strategically plan your meals rather than try to use Protein shakes as your main source. Devote a little time to preparing your meals, and it would save you a world of hurt or disappointment down the road.
- 09-13-2012, 01:21 PM
I almost NEVER use a protein supplement (other than bcaa). I cook all my lunches for the week on saturday morning, and have my snacks and dinner as needed. I also do IF and work out at 430AM, so I don't eat until noon, only have some bcaas to hold me over. Guess what? My recovery is just fine.
real food > protein shakes, but protein shakes in a pinch are much better than nothingFormutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
- 09-16-2012, 07:22 AM
Originally Posted by Exian
Similar Forum Threads
- By mmacrazy in forum Advanced Muscle ScienceReplies: 3Last Post: 03-16-2011, 11:54 PM
- By Iron Warrior in forum BulkingReplies: 0Last Post: 09-19-2005, 10:56 PM
- By timogburn in forum Weight LossReplies: 20Last Post: 12-25-2004, 04:32 PM
- By timogburn in forum SupplementsReplies: 8Last Post: 12-21-2004, 10:22 PM
- By Rostam in forum Weight LossReplies: 8Last Post: 12-15-2004, 06:09 PM