Hunger Surpressed..

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
I just want to know if it is a safe assumption my PWO is killing my appetite. I honestly haven't eaten properly in a few days, is there anything I can do besides the obvious removal of the PWO from the equation?
I took down about a scoop and a half of whey with about 2 cups of milk around 7..just sat down to eat about 15 minutes ago, took two bites and I couldn't eat anymore. Any ideas? Maybe making a lighter shake? Help me please I lost 5 lbs and even though I am getting shredded I am not gaining much lean mass..HELPP!!

steppinRazor

Awards
Try a different preWO??
Take anabeta...smoke weed..

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
What pre-workout are you using?

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
Lol no weed..stopped that a while ago..I'm using DS Craze right now, it works really well

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
Hmm have you tryed without the pre-workout and seeing if you are able to eat? You sure its the PWO? I've never had trouble eating even when I used to take 3 scoops of jack3d every day. If it becomes a problem might need to find something else to use.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21564088

Abstract

BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE:

Agmatine, a multifaceted neurotransmitter, is abundantly expressed in the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus (PVN). Our aim was to assess (i) the effect of agmatine on feeding behaviour and (ii) its association, if any, with neuropeptide Y (NPY).

EXPERIMENTAL APPROACH:

Satiated rats fitted with intra-PVN cannulae were administered agmatine, alone or jointly with (i) α₂-adrenoceptor agonist, clonidine, or antagonist, yohimbine; (ii) NPY, NPY Y₁ receptor agonist, [Leu³¹, Pro³⁴]-NPY, or antagonist, BIBP3226; or (iii) yohimbine and NPY. Cumulative food intake was monitored at different post-injection time points. Furthermore, the expression of hypothalamic NPY following i.p. treatment with agmatine, alone or in combination with yohimbine (i.p.), was evaluated by immunocytochemistry.

KEY RESULTS:

Agmatine robustly increased feeding in a dose-dependent manner. While pretreatment with clonidine augmented, yohimbine attenuated the orexigenic response to agmatine. Similarly, NPY and [Leu³¹, Pro³⁴]-NPY potentiated the agmatine-induced hyperphagia, whereas BIBP3226 inhibited it. Moreover, yohimbine attenuated the synergistic orexigenic effect induced by the combination of NPY and agmatine. Agmatine increased NPY immunoreactivity in the PVN fibres and in the cells of the hypothalamic arcuate nucleus (ARC) and this effect was prevented by pretreatment with yohimbine. NPY immunoreactivity in the fibres of the ARC, dorsomedial, ventromedial and lateral nuclei of the hypothalamus was not affected by any of the above treatments.

CONCLUSIONS AND IMPLICATIONS:

The orexigenic effect of agmatine is coupled to increased NPY activity mediated by stimulation of α₂-adrenoceptors within the PVN. This signifies the importance of agmatine or α₂-adrenoceptor modulators in the development of novel therapeutic agents to treat feeding-related disorders.

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
Hmm have you tryed without the pre-workout and seeing if you are able to eat? You sure its the PWO? I've never had trouble eating even when I used to take 3 scoops of jack3d every day. If it becomes a problem might need to find something else to use.
I have tried to workout without it, but my workouts are not the same..I'm not as "aggressive" for lack of a better word. In high school when I was a total dumbass I had taken my fair share of "uppers", and I have taken adderall in the past for my workouts, same effect..as for the lclt, I believe it's in the Xtend I drink intra-workout. The agmatine I have to look into..I believe it's in my PWO..I'll check and get back to you..I just ate a cup of yogurt with a sliced banana and a handful of almonds mixed in..now I'm ttaking the browns to the Super Bowl lol. Any other ideas? I'd honestly resort to weed, but I have been clean for a while, and besides my girl would chew me out for that. :/

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
Oh yeah and to add..I used to do cardio and that would help, but I stopped that cuz I don't want to lose any more fat..

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
you can always add a GDA to lower leptin and in turn raise NPY, (hunger signal).....

overall better digestion will help with hunger. Adding ginger or a bcomplex to a heavy meal can help

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
ya id vote cut the pwo and see if anything changes..at least then you can eliminate that as being a possible reason

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh yeah and to add..I used to do cardio and that would help, but I stopped that cuz I don't want to lose any more fat..
you answered your question. Not only does it increase hunger, but cardiovascular health will help you on those big lifts (squats, deads, snatches). In turn more workload.

if your eat for size, it doesnt matter if you do cardio, increase your cals.

Just do some HIIT 2-3x a week. Craze i think has 1,3 dimeth? havent really looked. But that can cause it, or a heavy caffeine load. I noticed GPLC and caffeine make me semi nauseas. So it kills my hunger, but did nothing for pump or energy (for me personally)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
you answered your question. Not only does it increase hunger, but cardiovascular health will help you on those big lifts (squats, deads, snatches). In turn more workload.

if your eat for size, it doesnt matter if you do cardio, increase your cals.

Just do some HIIT 2-3x a week. Craze i think has 1,3 dimeth? havent really looked. But that can cause it, or a heavy caffeine load. I noticed GPLC and caffeine make me semi nauseas. So it kills my hunger, but did nothing for pump or energy (for me personally)
Agree x2. Just eat more.

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
I have been meaning to change up my workout..I'm thinking of doing a 3day full body split..then I guess I can throw in some medium intensity cardio again..I'll see what happens tomorrow without my PWO..let's hope that's what it is..I was just looking up the ingredients to craze, and it seems like I'm not the only one with the same complaint..I used assault before, it was okay..with craze I usually spend almost 2 hrs..I just realized it might not only kill my hunger, but it may cause me to overtrain too..I'll go out and try a different PWO I guess and see what happens..worst case scenario I'll just return it.

johnathan1995

johnathan1995

Awards
Had the same prob for months bro.did not take any pwo but I used to train up to 2 hours plus and don't have appetite until 2 to 3 hours after my workout.started to cut down my workouts to an hour by training an extra day.appetite's much better now.i think must have been the long workouts were really stressing my body.thats my case though.and cardio really did helped too.if you're worry about burning too much fat then just keep it light to keep your heart rate up and sweat a lil.thats my case though.hope whatever you're doing helps.:)

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
Well I got up this morning and had a cup of oatmeal and like a pound of grapes at work :) still hungry so I'm happy but sad because I only have a powerbar :(

burnstacp

burnstacp

Awards
Sometimes I feel like this too. Then I give my girlfriend her purse back and man up and eat.... ;)

You need to learn to eat regardless of how full you feel if you're really trying to put on mass. I have had to take it to the point that I chew up food and swallow it with a mouth full of water like a pill in order to keep eating past the full feeling.

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
Sometimes I feel like this too. Then I give my girlfriend her purse back and man up and eat.... ;)

You need to learn to eat regardless of how full you feel if you're really trying to put on mass. I have had to take it to the point that I chew up food and swallow it with a mouth full of water like a pill in order to keep eating past the full feeling.
I'm going to attempt it today..wish me luck!

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
Well I got up this morning and had a cup of oatmeal and like a pound of grapes at work :) still hungry so I'm happy but sad because I only have a powerbar :(
Did you dose PWO yet?

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
I have a very high tolerance for stimulants so I literally put in double the recommended in probably an ounce of water..just got back from the gym..turns out its my PWO, I don't know why it doesn't classify as a fat burner..TIME TO EAT!! :D

uvawahoowa

Awards
I have tried to workout without it, but my workouts are not the same..I'm not as "aggressive" for lack of a better word. In high school when I was a total dumbass I had taken my fair share of "uppers", and I have taken adderall in the past for my workouts, same effect..as for the lclt, I believe it's in the Xtend I drink intra-workout. The agmatine I have to look into..I believe it's in my PWO..I'll check and get back to you..I just ate a cup of yogurt with a sliced banana and a handful of almonds mixed in..now I'm ttaking the browns to the Super Bowl lol. Any other ideas? I'd honestly resort to weed, but I have been clean for a while, and besides my girl would chew me out for that. :/
I'm pretty certain craze has no agmatine and xtend has no lclt. Lclt should be dosed preworkout anyways

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Take a break from stims? if you need double the recommended dosage then your receptors are probably f**ked.

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
Lol yeah I eased off it for a while..guess I went into my cutting phase lol I am def shredded now, bf is at like 10%, lost 5 lbs, but my strength is still slowly but surely going up..I took it today along with krealk. Knocked back 32 oz whole milk with 2 scoops whey..
I'm going to be doing a 3 day full body split, I'll take it earlier in the day and see what happens. I go usually around 6:30, I'll take it around 6-6:15, but I'll take it around like 4 tomorrow if I go. Will update after.