finished bulking...kind of...cardio question

willc86

Awards
Ok well. I hit 215, so now I want to start doing cardio. I just finished reading an article from this website (anabolic minds) that moderate cardio on an empty stomach is very good for about 20 to 30 mins 3-4 times a week.

Now, is it still safe to do weight lifting a few hours after the cardio? Like I am planning to do 20 to 30 mins empty stomach cardio (moderate to light) around 5 or 6 am then a few hours later around 1pm - 3pm, I am going heavy lifting.

Still ok to do? I am trying to prevent as much muscle loss as possible, or if it is even still possible, grow a bit more in muscle size; not sure if it is possible, but it is worth a try.

what do you think? I just finished bulking, but do intend to bulk again after.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What exactly is your concern?

I'm not seeing a problem.

willc86

Awards
What exactly is your concern?

I'm not seeing a problem.

at the end, it is mentioned if it is safe/ok to do. empty stomach cardio (light to moderate) and a few hours later, go to the gym and work out.

like in other words, as soon as I wake up, I am going to jog for 20 to 30 mins, then within a few hours (around 1 or 2pm) I will head towards the gym and continue my bulking heavy lifts.

I just want to know if that sounds good and/or ok to do; I am trying to prevent as much muscle loss as possible while still trying to achieve muscle gains if possible

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
And I am asking you what specifically is your concern? Why is there even a worry of muscle loss?

I'm just trying to get some insight as to your thought process in order to better help you.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sounds good, OP. Go for it.

willc86

Awards
And I am asking you what specifically is your concern? Why is there even a worry of muscle loss?

I'm just trying to get some insight as to your thought process in order to better help you.

Well, I wanted to know if I will be putting on too much strain on the body by doing cardio in the morning and then lifting weights later on in the afternoon.

I am concerned about 3 things

- too much training by doing cardio

- muscle loss while doing cardio and weight training in the same day

- and if its a good plan to follow to drop body % fat

Like i know some people do 30 mins lifting and 30 mins cardio back to back or some people leave cardio for one day and lifting for the other.
But what if I do both in a day?

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well, I wanted to know if I will be putting on too much strain on the body by doing cardio in the morning and then lifting weights later on in the afternoon.

I am concerned about 3 things

- too much training by doing cardio
If the cardio is kept low to moderate intensity it really is not taxing at all.

- muscle loss while doing cardio and weight training in the same day
No.

- and if its a good plan to follow to drop body % fat
Sure, it isn't a bad plan. But your diet is going to be more important. A little cardio is good for over all health IMO.

Like i know some people do 30 mins lifting and 30 mins cardio back to back or some people leave cardio for one day and lifting for the other.
But what if I do both in a day?
You can do it on your off days if you prefer.
It is fine man. Don't stress about small details like that. Just do some cardio, and lift **** up.

willc86

Awards
It is fine man. Don't stress about small details like that. Just do some cardio, and lift **** up.

awesome! Thank you so much!!

hey one more question

I know calorie is a big part of dieting, whether its bulking or cutting, but since I am limited to money (i am a college student) I found the best way to fill up my calories the cheapest has been oatmeal and peanut butter.

I can still low my body % fat as long as my calorie intake is below what I require and lift.

An example of a meal would be

-scoop protein / peanut butter / cup of oatmeal (totals to 400-500 calories for cutting)
-chicken with a few tbs of peanut butter to bring up the calories a little.

if it makes sense what I am asking lol