oatmeal before bed ???

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
I just started doing a 1 cup of oats with 4 tbsp of natural pb before bed. it satisfies my appetite and keeps me from cheating my diet. Right now Im doing a lean bulk and Im trying to gain all solid muscle. My diet is super clean consisting of just chicken, salmon, tilapia, natural pb, and whey isolate as my main source of protein and my carbs are just from brown rice, oatmeal, bananas, and sweet poatatos. Im 2 weeks in on my diet and just recently started eating this before bed. So my question is is it bad to take in that many carbs and calories before bed even though it meets my needed calories for the day and my diet is all clean foods ?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
nope no problem at all

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
im just worried because from what i heard carbs are bad before bed. Im two weeks in on my diet and so far so good. I just dont want this to mess everything up.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
im just worried because from what i heard carbs are bad before bed. Im two weeks in on my diet and so far so good. I just dont want this to mess everything up.
disregard the "i heard" and eat whatever fits your macro breakdown. i use to eat cheerios every night before bed.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I eat desserts and what not before bed :D

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eating carbs before bed doesnt make you fat. Often times you will most likely sleep better.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i heard the earth is actually flat. lol

just busting balls, eat whatever you want!

iliketosquat

Awards
eating carbs before bed actually contributed to weight loss according to a study i read that Layne norton tweeted.

uvawahoowa

Awards
eating carbs before bed actually contributed to weight loss according to a study i read that Layne norton tweeted.
I believe that is only if you are backloading your carbs, in which case you would still be within your macros. Macros trump meal timing

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
i love myoatmeal before bed. I do the same 1 cup (2 sevings) and 4 tbs (2 servings) adams natural PB.

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
fine, and recent studies I read stated late in the day carbs actually are more beneficial.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mindgame Nutrition / Health 27
DK0313 Recipes 0
DK0313 Recipes 0
DK0313 Recipes 0
DK0313 Recipes 0