Help for us small guys

sinisterrev

Awards
I am 5'5 138lbs with 7% BF. I would like to get to around 150lbs with the same % of BF (my wife loves it) but everything I read is for guys who are 200+ lbs and 6'+ . Im having an issue with calorie and protien intake and how much I should be consuming . Im a bit timid to increase to say 3000 cal a day and eating 6x a day because I was over weight a few years ago. Currently I consume from 1500 to 1900 cal a day. I do HIT training at least 4x a week and a pushup regiment 5x a week in the morning. I know it wont happen over night but if I could get 5lbs in a year would be great with my little frame. Thanks guys

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
I am 5'5 138lbs with 7% BF. I would like to get to around 150lbs with the same % of BF (my wife loves it) but everything I read is for guys who are 200+ lbs and 6'+ . Im having an issue with calorie and protien intake and how much I should be consuming . Im a bit timid to increase to say 3000 cal a day and eating 6x a day because I was over weight a few years ago. Currently I consume from 1500 to 1900 cal a day. I do HIT training at least 4x a week and a pushup regiment 5x a week in the morning. I know it wont happen over night but if I could get 5lbs in a year would be great with my little frame. Thanks guys
What are the rest of your macros? Eat like you want to recomp. 500 cals above maintenance.. Lift to get big. You can also dirty it up a bit, dont worry about a little fat. Can always lose it later. If you keep up with cardio it'll help keep body fat low(er) You can gain more than 5 in a year bro. Also look into dc training. I personally love the idea of it and im making progress in short time on it.

sinisterrev

Awards
To be honest I dont really know what my macros are. I just started looking into that and realized I do not eat a lot carbs but dont know if it would help to increase them. Also if i do one of my HIIT circuits i burn around 700 cal. If my maint level is 1900 (i dont what it is) and I net 700 from my HIIT then I would be at 2600 cal to maintain. Would I then add the 500 to make a total of 3100 cals a day?

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
To be honest I dont really know what my macros are. I just started looking into that and realized I do not eat a lot carbs but dont know if it would help to increase them. Also if i do one of my HIIT circuits i burn around 700 cal. If my maint level is 1900 (i dont what it is) and I net 700 from my HIIT then I would be at 2600 cal to maintain. Would I then add the 500 to make a total of 3100 cals a day?
Youd put size on for sure. The easiest way to figure out your maintenance would be to jump onto like myfitnesspal or lose it and punch stats in. (I suck at math and cant remember the formula) Theyre also great tracking tools. Id say eat 35% protein 45%carbs and 20% fats. Those seem to be decent numbers. Also try to take in around 1g/lb of protein for your bodyweight if not 1.5gs.