Need Help Putting on Lean Mass

Alpha Mind

Awards
I don't do as much body building as most people on here, but I do kettlebells regularly. I just switched over to doing heavy kettlebell (2x24kg) sessions and am trying to figure out how to put on as much mass as possible, without losing my six pack.

With 2x24kg bells, I'm making nice gains, but I think implementing a more body-builer style diet (if that phrase makes you cringe, I'm sorry in advance) would improve these gains, esp with regard to carb intake.

I'd love to get input/suggestions from people.

I'm 6'4, 190lbs, lean, and eat around 2000 (clean) calories per day.

burnstacp

burnstacp

Awards
What are your macros? How are you tracking your calories? 2000kcals is very low. It's actually probably pretty close to RMR. From the little info you've provided the only thing that can really be said is to slowly increase your carb intake. Add in 100g/day and monitor your progress. If after two weeks nothing has happened then add in another 50g. Keep doing this until the scale starts to move.

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What are your macros? How are you tracking your calories? 2000kcals is very low. It's actually probably pretty close to RMR. From the little info you've provided the only thing that can really be said is to slowly increase your carb intake. Add in 100g/day and monitor your progress. If after two weeks nothing has happened then add in another 50g. Keep doing this until the scale starts to move.
I'm with you for sure, but 100g carbs extra is still gonna put OP at only 2400 cal. I'm shorter, lighter and an endomorph; clean bulking on 3750. If I were you OP I would reassess your daily calorie necessity. BMR with activity level incorporated and add 500 calories to that. Just my 2 cents there are many ways to do it, the best way is what works for you.