Low carb and high carb

johnathan1995

johnathan1995

Awards
Hey guys,I just started this carb cycle where I take in high amount of carbs,low fat and high protein on workout days and low amount of carbs,high fat and high protein on off days.can this method help me gain muscle and also help me lean out?i also incorporate cardio once a week on my off days.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, it could help you gain muscle and, if done right, could minimize fat gain while you're bulking, but it's more complicated than that. Your total caloric intake and expenditure, and macronutrient ratios will also play a large part in what progress you make.

johnathan1995

johnathan1995

Awards
Been doing this for about a week.any advice that could be given to help me in this would be appreciated because I need as much I help I can in this.thanks.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There's plenty of threads on bulking, gaining weight, recomping, etc. Hit the search bar and go to town. Start threads to ask specific questions once you've got the basics figured out - because the basic info is readily accessible on this site and via google. :)

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Check out Lean Gains - this is an intermittent fasting type diet (not sure if you're into something like that), but Martin does quite a bit with cycling carbs/fats/macros, etc -

johnathan1995

johnathan1995

Awards
@resolve.Done some research myself.right now I just need other people's opinion who tried this or knows what to do during this cycle.

johnathan1995

johnathan1995

Awards
Lizking531.thanks.i'ldefinitely check it out.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Ask questions and we can help answer them :)

johnathan1995

johnathan1995

Awards
Can you briefly tell me about the results because I heard it takes a little longer to gain muscle mass compared to the traditional bulking and then cutting phase.

johnathan1995

johnathan1995

Awards
And I would like to ask if take in a caloric surplus on workout days but on off days I eat at a caloric deficit not by much or at my maintainance will I still be able to build muscle mass?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can you briefly tell me about the results because I heard it takes a little longer to gain muscle mass compared to the traditional bulking and then cutting phase.
Started at 183. At my heaviest, was 280. Now around 267, 12-14% BF. Took ~5yrs.

And I would like to ask if take in a caloric surplus on workout days but on off days I eat at a caloric deficit not by much or at my maintainance will I still be able to build muscle mass?
Depends on the numbers. Generally, though, yes.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Started at 183. At my heaviest, was 280. Now around 267, 12-14% BF. Took ~5yrs.

Depends on the numbers. Generally, though, yes.
Off topic but nice stats man.