Mass gainer with loads of calories but no or very little cholesterol .

monkeygym

Banned
Awards
Doc said my cholesterol is a tad too high last time I checked . I did quit smoking a month ago so they should go down a bit . He said to lay off the shakes but I don't wanna , anyone know of any of these shakes ?

huxley309

huxley309

Awards
  • Established
Your shakes shouldn't be raising your cholesterol at all.

Post up your diet, along with anything else you take including what gainer you use.

If it's an issue, id take 81mg of aspirin every day, just to keep things swimming along nicely.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Wonder why he thinks the shakes would effect it?

P094743

Awards
In my experiences, at the Dr office that is, none of them like the idea of drinking shakes for added protein. But i bet they don't favor gear either. Lol

They like vegetables alot!!

Austinmck17

Austinmck17

Awards
In my experiences, at the Dr office that is, none of them like the idea of drinking shakes for added protein. But i bet they don't favor gear either. Lol

They like vegetables alot!!
protein shakes are completely beneficial to almost any humans diet why do they think that lol...

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
A female doctor told me to go to the gym twice a day if I want to gain muscle & not touch a methyl ph.

P094743

Awards
protein shakes are completely beneficial to almost any humans diet why do they think that lol...
Yeah, I agree. Its always, "you get enough protein from your food, why do you need more sir?"

Guess no supp reps are taking them to lunch.

huxley309

huxley309

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I agree. Its always, "you get enough protein from your food, why do you need more sir?"

Guess no supp reps are taking them to lunch.
Always been the way, in fairness my doctor is actually pretty clued up.

Even calls sugar a drug, certainly one of the rare few that actually knows a thing or two.

Mark C

Awards
Take niacin to try to boost your HDL and compensate for your elevated LDL.

If your shake contains lots of saturated fat, then that can contribute to raised LDL (makes your liver produce more even if the shake contains no cholesterol).

Alcohol also can raise HDL, but maybe that's not a good idea if your triglycerides are high.

Then there's the whole matter about what actually poses a danger as far as blood lipids go. It's not really understood.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What is a tad too high? Cholesterol is a poor marker for cardiovascular disease. Cholesterol is crucial to good health. I would rather have slightly high cholesterol than low....

monkeygym

Banned
Awards
Oh I meant my LDL was high like 5 or something . Said its not good for my age . I look at my muscle juice and it's got plenty of cholesterol

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's sad that so many docs still don't know that dietary cholesterol has little to do with serum cholesterol.