How to gain 10-15 pounds as an endamorph?

lotanlavi

Awards
Im 5'10 135pounds. I work out 5 to 6 times a week. I take creatine mono and regular protein shake.
I would like to gain as much weight as possible by july 1st. then i wanna cut. I gain about 8 pounds so far. So if you can give me a diet plan, workout routine, just tips anything really it would be appreciated. also do i need to take more supps? thanks

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
no one is gonna lay out your goals for you but 10-15 lbs in 2 weeks is impossible!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
now as far as advice give me your age and i'll do some calculations for you

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
no one is gonna lay out your goals for you but 10-15 lbs in 2 weeks is impossible!
This. Were here to help YOU understand how to figure these things out for yourself. But we are here to help, but you dont give us much information to work with. Whats your training like? Splits? what do you eat as of now? BF% (if you know it) etc.

Judging by your height and weight you listed, your rather light.

Eat more=gain weight. Eat too much=gain body fat. Your goal of 12 pounds in 2 weeks is just impossible

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pick up an HIT routine. Those seem to be best for ectomorphs as the decreased volume and shortened workout lead to better results. This could be explained by less cortisol release, but I'm certain there's more to the story here. Also make sure to eat A LOT. If you're not gaining 2lbs/week or more, then you're not eating enough, period. Throw in more red meat, whole milk, butter, sour cream, and coconut oil and coconut milk into your diet to increase calories and saturated fat intake (to support proper hormone production). If you're not gaining more after you've changed these items, just eat more carbs. Forget about cutting until you get to around 160-180 at your height.

Damorgs

Awards
I was in the same position as you 12 weeks ago. Similar weight, but 6" tall. I've gained 10kg's(roughly 20lbs) over 12 weeks(13% bf) and each gram has been hard earnt! My calorie intake has gone to 3400 from 1700-2000 per day. It was hard for me to keep eating as I don't find it enjoyable.. But the hard fact is you need to get the calories in. Your goal is too ambitious, which will only lead to poor morale when you don't get there. Set yourself a lower goal(or lengthen the time frame) and concentrate on your diet. Keep your workouts short and high intensity low reps.

Train hard, eat big and rest well. There is no shortcut! Good luck!

amcartxs

Awards
Man I was the same weight as you at the beginning of the year until I started taking down serious amounts of not creatine nor protein but carbs.... Sure it's not all muscle gains because it's pretty much impossible to put on that much that quick but carbs definitely will help put on some size quick. And you being an skinny guy don't worry about putting on some extra fat

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im 5'10 135pounds. I work out 5 to 6 times a week. I take creatine mono and regular protein shake.
I would like to gain as much weight as possible by july 1st. then i wanna cut. I gain about 8 pounds so far. So if you can give me a diet plan, workout routine, just tips anything really it would be appreciated. also do i need to take more supps? thanks

5'10 and 135, I have news for you. You are not an endomorph!. I have a tip for you. Purchase a good book on diet and nutrition.

MadmanMike

MadmanMike

Awards
Carbs dude, when I was bulking I'd eat a casein shake or cottage cheese and 2 poptarts before bed about 4 nights a week, not the best but you can cut the fat later. Increase carbs, probably little to no cardio, and keep workouts to 50 mins or less. Maybe adopt a 5 sets of 5 reps routine of heavy weight compound exercises work best for shorter workout.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Man I was the same weight as you at the beginning of the year until I started taking down serious amounts of not creatine nor protein but carbs.... Sure it's not all muscle gains because it's pretty much impossible to put on that much that quick but carbs definitely will help put on some size quick. And you being an skinny guy don't worry about putting on some extra fat
Not the best advice. Learn and understand what Creatine is and what it is used for, dont just follow the hype.
People use create to increase ATP production. Also, creatine should be cycled.

amcartxs

Awards
Not the best advice. Learn and understand what Creatine is and what it is used for, dont just follow the hype.
People use create to increase ATP production. Also, creatine should be cycled.
Dude I said nothing about creatine! My point was to take in mostly carbs! He said he was taking creatine and protein... I agree those are both helpful in gaining weight but carbs did it for me.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Dude I said nothing about creatine! My point was to take in mostly carbs! He said he was taking creatine and protein... I agree those are both helpful in gaining weight but carbs did it for me.
Oh I see, Not Creatine. I apologise

holysnikey

Awards
I am somewhat in the same place. 5' 7" or 5' 8" was 130 and 16% BF about 3 months ago. I did Insanity first and gained about 8lbs while losing 3% BF. I then started to keep track of all my calories making sure I consumed 3000 daily and am doing a 4 day a week split. Eating properly is really the true key. I am at ~145 now right when I wake up. You have to be very dedicated to keeping track of calories and macro nutrient ratios. I have an Android phone and there is a few very useful apps that let you scan barcodes and search foods, add them to a journal and keep track of your weight. There is also another app I use to keep track of my weight, BF%, measurements and all my lifting progress. You can even set up your routine with it and have it time the rest periods and what not. When you are an ectomorph you really have to dedicate yourself and be obsessive. I am a former drug addict so that is actually an advantage for me because I can put my addictive personality to good work. The only supplements I would recommend right now would be a casein and/or whey protein powder, creatine, BCAA's, fish oil, maybe a nitric oxide supp and possibly a clean weight gainer. Not all of these at once(well you could) but these are the ones most people would recommend to beginners like us. Good luck man and remember you gotta be dedicated!

salve

Awards
Its all about your diet man. What helped me was changing my breakfast. When you wake up have a scoop of protein with some oatmeal or wheat bread and just make sure your eating enough throughout the day. Try splitting your meals into more frequent smaller meals. If you want to see how to eat more effectively google the insanity meal plan, find the pdf one, and use the quick view to see it. In terms of a training regiment look at simplyshredded.com and pick one you like. I recommend high intensity training if your looking to bulk.

salve

Awards
and for supplements you really dont need much. you have a lot of room to fill out. just get protein, creatine monohydrate, fish oil, and a multivitamin and you'll be fine.

holysnikey

Awards
I don't know if I would recommend HIT I guess it really depends on the program but as an endomorph you want to burn as little calories as possible while lifting but still have as much intensity as possible.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Damorgs

Awards
I think everyone could agree when I re-state / summarise nearly every post above; get your diet in check. Make sure you're taking in enough calories per day to build on what you already have(I'd guess at maintenance around 1700 cals give or take, so you need more than that to build muscle).

I think you have the best information from everyone above, so get to work on your diet and reap the rewards!

BIGpapasKITCH

BIGpapasKITCH

Awards
I'm about 5 7 5 8 and about 150 but being that I'm only 18 may help lol

BIGpapasKITCH

BIGpapasKITCH

Awards
I've never reallywatched my diet but I never eat out really or get fast food just work about for about a hour or 2 eat as much protein as I can in a day and rest on the weekend

BIGpapasKITCH

BIGpapasKITCH

Awards
But I agree entirely diet is important my mom is a vegetarian so little meat in my diet so my protein comes from other sources

holysnikey

Awards
I suggest you start buying some of your own food like meats. Also you MUST start tracking all of your calories.

lehieu

Awards
helloo

Gain 20 Pounds of New Muscle. Learn the details to accomplish this for yourself in our new e-book. Free e-course.

link at the bottom

thnak you !!!

BIGpapasKITCH

BIGpapasKITCH

Awards
What's the best way to count them all on the go? Is there a app for it or anything for android lol I have school dureing the day then work out right after school sometimes go to a friends or we go out like once a week and get some decently good.for.yyou food I heard brown rice is good for you would that be something to buy to?

holysnikey

Awards
I use MyFitnessPal. Another good one is Calorie Counter by FatSecret. I also use JEFIT to track all my lifts and measurements.