Foods that everyone should have when bulking

RScary15

Awards
Just want to know what y'all think that every person should have in their food source when bulking. Been bulking for the last two weeks and it's my first time doing it seriously. So what do y'all recommend?

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Just want to know what y'all think that every person should have in their food source when bulking. Been bulking for the last two weeks and it's my first time doing it seriously. So what do y'all recommend?
Put every single meal in between two slices of bread

foxpharma

Banned
Awards
red meat helps to push natural testosterone level, that should be protein source number one. Eggs, chicken and fish is also good. fish got lots of healthy fats like omega-3, that will help a lot. For carbs you should use slow burning like potatos, brown rice and oatmeal. Stay away from shugar (fast burning) except around your training session. Macadamia Nut oil works wonders when bulking. If you got problems with your food intake then take a look at supps. Its hard for me to eat 6-7 times a day. One solid meal, one luiqid meal, again solid, luiqid, and so one works excellnt for me.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
^^ Id tend to agree, but potatos are quite high GI, not low GI. But I def. agree with the Tuna and Red Meat being staple.

For me, a bulking shake that works well is; Greek Yogurt, Milk (in NZ theres a yellow top that has 11.5g of protein per 200ml serve, dont know about U.S.or Up & Go energize), Olive Oil or Flaxseed Oil, or a bit of each, banana, crushed almonds, eggs (raw). Tastes allgood and its calorie dense.

foxpharma

Banned
Awards
your right. i mean sweat potato. These are slow carbs right?

foxpharma

Banned
Awards
your right i mean sweet potatos. those are slow right? Brown rice works too.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Im not sure I follow slow carbs? You referring to the rate of absorption into the blood stream?

foxpharma

Banned
Awards
Yes I mean the absorption speed. Sugar goes fast in the blood stream that causes insulin peaks that you don't want except around your workout.

Wygdwicfy

Awards
Wheat bread
Wheat pasta
Brown Rice
Lentils
Natty PB
Eggs
Milk
Lean meats (Chicken, Tuna, Lean Beef etc.)

I more or less survive off these.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wheat bread
Wheat pasta
Brown Rice
Lentils
Natty PB
Eggs
Milk
Lean meats (Chicken, Tuna, Lean Beef etc.)

I more or less survive off these.

All these^

Plus:

Oats
Coconut oil
Cottage cheese

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Sugar, as in table sugar, is moderate GI. Glucose is high GI, which will cause insulin spikes. I think this may be what you are referring to, however table sugar is made up of glucose (fast high GI) and Fructose (Low GI) which give it a moderate GI rating. :)

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sugar, as in table sugar, is moderate GI. Glucose is high GI, which will cause insulin spikes. I think this may be what you are referring to, however table sugar is made up of glucose (fast high GI) and Fructose (Low GI) which give it a moderate GI rating. :)
Well its really only good to have first thing in the am or post workout.