cottage cheese or casein shake?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Celorza and bid david are always on point with their advice. Ive done research on what they were referring to (how many meals in a day is ideal etc. in relation to CHO) and ive found that unless you exercise multiple times throughout the day (i.e 4-8hrs between sessions) then conuming food post-exercise asap is ideal to maximise muscle glycogen stores however if time between workouts is 20-24hrs+ then it doesnt matter when you get your macros in.

This is very broad and doesnt go into detail, but that is the jist of it.

2. Quote Originally Posted by inda11 View Post
    How about both together?
    I do this. I mix 1/2 scoop of protien into 250g cottage cheese and 1 teaspoon of coco, 1 teaspoon of natty pb and1 large sachet of stevia. Then mix. Its not half bad.
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html
    •   

3. I personally always pick solid food over supplements if available, there are other other ingredients in cottage cheese beside the protein content and these probably don't exist in casein powders at least not in a bio available form.
    "Train like God is watching. Never quit!"

4. I could be a little off but their both good before bed so just go with what ur feeling that night doesn't have to be one or the other.. Cottage cheese is good n good for u. But If ur in the mood for something chocolate or vanilla go with shake ..

5. Cottage cheese.

I do anywhere from 1/2lb to 1lb of 1-2% Friendship cottage cheese (pot-style,small curd or large curd) with a couple stevia packets and cinnamon (to taste). It's like a healthy desert that I can eat every night and still cut fat.

Sometimes I put a scoop of the same mixture onto a toasted slice of P28 bread. I highly suggest trying this out. I got a few CC haters to change their minds with that combo.
    :blindfold:
    •   

6. I cant stand CC so the casein shake is what I stick with. I usually only get about 6 hrs of sleep a night and when I wake up I still feel pretty full. but, to each their own I guess.

7. I mix 1 scoop of casein protein (chocolate for optimal flavor gains) with some egg beater, mix it up in a mug and microwave it for a minute. Makes a tasty lava cake-esque brownie

8. Quote Originally Posted by Califrniabear
    I mix 1 scoop of casein protein (chocolate for optimal flavor gains) with some egg beater, mix it up in a mug and microwave it for a minute. Makes a tasty lava cake-esque brownie
    I tried this the other month. Really helps with craving of sweet things while cutting
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. cottage cheese
    By jtterrible in forum Recipes
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-03-2011, 06:32 AM
  2. Yet Another Way to Eat Cottage Cheese
    By littlejeni in forum Recipes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-15-2009, 02:22 PM
  3. Eggs/Cottage Cheese in a protein shake question
    By Jsouth in forum Nutrition / Health