5'6
200 lbs. 14% bf

Ok so I took your advice and heres what I worked up
4000 cals
500g carbs
250g protein
111g fats

How does that look?

How do you guys eat so many carbs? I cook rice plain because I dont know how to make it good and I tried to eat 120g of carbs worth of rice and its nearly impossible. Is there other high carb foods that you eat but are clean like rice and oatmeal?

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Looks good if you have trouble eating that many carbs could up protein to 300 and carbs to 450. I personally have shakes with 1.5 cups of oats and milk with whey to get prob 1/3 of my carbs. The other comes from huge bowls of rice sometimes with a lot of beans added. I also really like to eat toast or sandwiches in general. Not really a pasta fan but that could work too. Try using chicken broth instead of water makes the rice taste better. Also get sauces and stuff and dont eat the rice plain mix stuff in there like different types of meat, etc. Can also get rice with flavor packets at the store. Just be a little creative.

SR83

SR83

Awards
Looks good if you have trouble eating that many carbs could up protein to 300 and carbs to 450. I personally have shakes with 1.5 cups of oats and milk with whey to get prob 1/3 of my carbs. The other comes from huge bowls of rice sometimes with a lot of beans added. I also really like to eat toast or sandwiches in general. Not really a pasta fan but that could work too. Try using chicken broth instead of water makes the rice taste better. Also get sauces and stuff and dont eat the rice plain mix stuff in there like different types of meat, etc. Can also get rice with flavor packets at the store. Just be a little creative.
Yeah throwing oats in with my shakes will help hit the number. Ill have to pickup some flavoring packets next time I shop. I think thats my problem with rice is it's so bland maybe flavoring will help get it down. Thanks for the tips!

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Yeah throwing oats in with my shakes will help hit the number. Ill have to pickup some flavoring packets next time I shop. I think thats my problem with rice is it's so bland maybe flavoring will help get it down. Thanks for the tips!
No prob man. They have a lot of rice options at the store I like the company "near east" they have some good rice pilaf with good flavor to it. Adding in butter/oil helps the rice a lot too. I know eating that many carbs will be a chore after a little but if you like what you are eating it makes it easier.

SR83

SR83

Awards
No prob man. They have a lot of rice options at the store I like the company "near east" they have some good rice pilaf with good flavor to it. Adding in butter/oil helps the rice a lot too. I know eating that many carbs will be a chore after a little but if you like what you are eating it makes it easier.
Yeah for sure haha