Eggs

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Eggs


    What do you think about eggs? How important is the egg yolk and how many egg yolks are too much?


  2. Quote Originally Posted by inda11 View Post
    What do you think about eggs? How important is the egg yolk and how many egg yolks are too much?
    I think the egg yolks add a lot of essential fat and nutrients.

    Also how much depends on your diet and what fits in your macros.

    I currently eat 4 whole eggs pre bed.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
    •   
       


  3. Eggs are one of the best complete proteins there is.
    Eggs don't raise your cholesterol, saturated fat does.
    The egg scare was due to a poorly done study in the seventies, and it has taken nearly forty years to shake the stigma.
    Eggs are a great addition to any serious lifters diet, and are very healthy.
    I eat about a dozen eggs a week, I prefer the omega 3 eggs from egglands best.

  4. Is it true cholesterol you ingest lowers the amount your liver makes?

  5. Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT

    I think the egg yolks add a lot of essential fat and nutrients.

    Also how much depends on your diet and what fits in your macros.

    I currently eat 4 whole eggs pre bed.
    I eat 4 whole eggs for breakfast and 5 whole eggs 3 hours before my cottage cheese before bed. Is that too much? There the only fat i have in my daily meals.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by FubarFit
    Is it true cholesterol you ingest lowers the amount your liver makes?
    Apparently eggs is good cholesterol.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by inda11

    I eat 4 whole eggs for breakfast and 5 whole eggs 3 hours before my cottage cheese before bed. Is that too much? There the only fat i have in my daily meals.
    no fish oil?

    why low fat?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by carpee

    no fish oil?

    why low fat?
    I have 1g fish oil a day. I'm trying to clean bulk. Save on the cutting diet because that's so hard to maintain.

  9. 1 g of epa/dha? or fish oil?

    fat is pretty important...

  10. Quote Originally Posted by inda11 View Post
    I have 1g fish oil a day. I'm trying to clean bulk. Save on the cutting diet because that's so hard to maintain.
    Eating fat won't make you fat. In fact it may do the opposite (in moderation of course).
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!

  11. Quote Originally Posted by carpee
    1 g of epa/dha? or fish oil?

    fat is pretty important...
    Just normal fish oil. It contains epa 50mg and dha 30mg with 500mg of fish oil. Is that allot or do i need a better fish oil?

  12. I do egg whites (around 3-4eggs a day)

    Doesnt yolk spike ure cholesterol ??

  13. Quote Originally Posted by GQNemesis
    I do egg whites (around 3-4eggs a day)

    Doesnt yolk spike ure cholesterol ??
    Egg whites only contain 3g of protein per egg. Where as whole eggs contain 7g of protein. Its good cholesterol. Plus eating oats and other whole grains help keep cholesterol down.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by inda11 View Post
    Egg whites only contain 3g of protein per egg. Where as whole eggs contain 7g of protein. Its good cholesterol. Plus eating oats and other whole grains help keep cholesterol down.
    Reps

    I was given wrong info I guess lol

    But yeah I love those liquid egg whites .. Makes a nice mrp

  15. for me, egg yolks are a solid part of a good bulk. how long have you been eating 8 eggs a day?

  16. Quote Originally Posted by @57
    for me, egg yolks are a solid part of a good bulk. how long have you been eating 8 eggs a day?
    For about a week now.

  17. I refuse to believe that eating whole eggs is bad for you. Humans have been eating whole eggs for longer than recorded history. The yolk is what the baby chick feeds on in a fertilized egg, thus it is full of most of the nutrients in the egg. Eating egg whites only is just low everything, and low doesn't necessarily mean better. I also have eaten raw eggs on several occasions and am probably going to make it a daily thing just out of pure convenience.
    "Lifting and Game of Thrones share the same calendar, there's only two seasons: cutting and bulking. And guess what? Winter's comin' so it's time to bulk up!"
    -Dom Mazzetti

  18. Also just found a link to a study about the bioavailability of eggs cooked vs raw that has spiked my interest:

    http://jn.nutrition.org/content/128/10/1716.full

    According to this cooked egg protein digests at a rate of about 90% while raw egg protein only digests at about 51%. This brings up an interesting thought about using liquid eggs since they are pasteurized(thus cooked) meaning that they would be a superior alternative to raw eggs for addition to protein shakes or to be drank standalone for protein.
    "Lifting and Game of Thrones share the same calendar, there's only two seasons: cutting and bulking. And guess what? Winter's comin' so it's time to bulk up!"
    -Dom Mazzetti

  19. Quote Originally Posted by GQNemesis View Post
    I do egg whites (around 3-4eggs a day)

    Doesnt yolk spike ure cholesterol ??
    Eggs in moderation are probably nothing but good for you. I'm not saying make every meal ever 4 eggs, but I frequently eat bacon and eggs and view it as a clean meal
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!

  20. [QUOTE=SuperPro;3408646]I refuse to believe that eating whole eggs is bad for you. Humans have been eating whole eggs for longer than recorded history. The yolk is what the baby chick feeds on in a fertilized egg, thus it is full of most of the nutrients in the egg. Eating egg whites only is just low everything, and low doesn't necessarily mean better. QUOTE]

    this has always been my thought.

  21. Throwing away an egg yolk is a sin IMO

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Clemenza
    Throwing away an egg yolk is a sin IMO
    agreed.

    the cholesterol and other nutrients are welcomed.
    cholesterol is important for cells, steroid hormones (test), and vitamin d.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by carpee

    agreed.

    the cholesterol and other nutrients are welcomed.
    cholesterol is important for cells, steroid hormones (test), and vitamin d.
    Definitely.
    I eat between 5 to 10 whole eggs every day.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by SuperPro View Post
    I refuse to believe that eating whole eggs is bad for you. Humans have been eating whole eggs for longer than recorded history. The yolk is what the baby chick feeds on in a fertilized egg, thus it is full of most of the nutrients in the egg. Eating egg whites only is just low everything, and low doesn't necessarily mean better. I also have eaten raw eggs on several occasions and am probably going to make it a daily thing just out of pure convenience.

    I remember reading something about eating many raw eggs on a regular basis causing lutein deficiency.

  25. Another egg thread!. Add this to the 500 others!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-30-2012, 10:45 PM
  2. Eggs
    By Chawks in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 02-17-2012, 06:15 PM
  3. RAW EGGS vs COOKED EGGS
    By LIFTEDnGIFTED in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 11:38 PM
  4. Raw Eggs VS. Cooked Eggs
    By Z28Luver7777 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Log in
Log in