Eggs

inda11

inda11

Awards
What do you think about eggs? How important is the egg yolk and how many egg yolks are too much?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What do you think about eggs? How important is the egg yolk and how many egg yolks are too much?
I think the egg yolks add a lot of essential fat and nutrients.

Also how much depends on your diet and what fits in your macros.

I currently eat 4 whole eggs pre bed.

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
Eggs are one of the best complete proteins there is.
Eggs don't raise your cholesterol, saturated fat does.
The egg scare was due to a poorly done study in the seventies, and it has taken nearly forty years to shake the stigma.
Eggs are a great addition to any serious lifters diet, and are very healthy.
I eat about a dozen eggs a week, I prefer the omega 3 eggs from egglands best.

F

FubarFit

Awards
Is it true cholesterol you ingest lowers the amount your liver makes?

inda11

inda11

Awards
I think the egg yolks add a lot of essential fat and nutrients.

Also how much depends on your diet and what fits in your macros.

I currently eat 4 whole eggs pre bed.
I eat 4 whole eggs for breakfast and 5 whole eggs 3 hours before my cottage cheese before bed. Is that too much? There the only fat i have in my daily meals.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I eat 4 whole eggs for breakfast and 5 whole eggs 3 hours before my cottage cheese before bed. Is that too much? There the only fat i have in my daily meals.
no fish oil?

why low fat?

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
1 g of epa/dha? or fish oil?

fat is pretty important...

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have 1g fish oil a day. I'm trying to clean bulk. Save on the cutting diet because that's so hard to maintain.
Eating fat won't make you fat. In fact it may do the opposite (in moderation of course).

inda11

inda11

Awards
1 g of epa/dha? or fish oil?

fat is pretty important...
Just normal fish oil. It contains epa 50mg and dha 30mg with 500mg of fish oil. Is that allot or do i need a better fish oil?

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do egg whites (around 3-4eggs a day)

Doesnt yolk spike ure cholesterol ??

inda11

inda11

Awards

Egg whites only contain 3g of protein per egg. Where as whole eggs contain 7g of protein. Its good cholesterol. Plus eating oats and other whole grains help keep cholesterol down.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Egg whites only contain 3g of protein per egg. Where as whole eggs contain 7g of protein. Its good cholesterol. Plus eating oats and other whole grains help keep cholesterol down.
Reps

I was given wrong info I guess lol

But yeah I love those liquid egg whites .. Makes a nice mrp

@

@57

Awards
for me, egg yolks are a solid part of a good bulk. how long have you been eating 8 eggs a day?

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
I refuse to believe that eating whole eggs is bad for you. Humans have been eating whole eggs for longer than recorded history. The yolk is what the baby chick feeds on in a fertilized egg, thus it is full of most of the nutrients in the egg. Eating egg whites only is just low everything, and low doesn't necessarily mean better. I also have eaten raw eggs on several occasions and am probably going to make it a daily thing just out of pure convenience.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
Also just found a link to a study about the bioavailability of eggs cooked vs raw that has spiked my interest:

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/128/10/1716.full

According to this cooked egg protein digests at a rate of about 90% while raw egg protein only digests at about 51%. This brings up an interesting thought about using liquid eggs since they are pasteurized(thus cooked) meaning that they would be a superior alternative to raw eggs for addition to protein shakes or to be drank standalone for protein.

Reactions: @57
Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Eggs in moderation are probably nothing but good for you. I'm not saying make every meal ever 4 eggs, but I frequently eat bacon and eggs and view it as a clean meal :)

@

@57

Awards
I refuse to believe that eating whole eggs is bad for you. Humans have been eating whole eggs for longer than recorded history. The yolk is what the baby chick feeds on in a fertilized egg, thus it is full of most of the nutrients in the egg. Eating egg whites only is just low everything, and low doesn't necessarily mean better. QUOTE]

this has always been my thought.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Throwing away an egg yolk is a sin IMO
agreed.

the cholesterol and other nutrients are welcomed.
cholesterol is important for cells, steroid hormones (test), and vitamin d.

C

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
agreed.

the cholesterol and other nutrients are welcomed.
cholesterol is important for cells, steroid hormones (test), and vitamin d.
Definitely.
I eat between 5 to 10 whole eggs every day.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
I refuse to believe that eating whole eggs is bad for you. Humans have been eating whole eggs for longer than recorded history. The yolk is what the baby chick feeds on in a fertilized egg, thus it is full of most of the nutrients in the egg. Eating egg whites only is just low everything, and low doesn't necessarily mean better. I also have eaten raw eggs on several occasions and am probably going to make it a daily thing just out of pure convenience.

I remember reading something about eating many raw eggs on a regular basis causing lutein deficiency.

C

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes I throw out the white and just eat the yellows. FTW

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
as already hit, the yolk is very important - did you know among other wonders in the yolk a dozen egg yolks has about 1g of arachidonic acid? same as xfacor. it oxidizes if you pan fry or scramble them, but if you hard boil you get it all.

How many is too many? no such thing outside of total calorie count. 3 dozen whole eggs a day as a dozen each of your 3 main meals would be totally fine, there is 0 decent science supporting any risk from that, if anything it would help optimize your hormone levels.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
as already hit, the yolk is very important - did you know among other wonders in the yolk a dozen egg yolks has about 1g of arachidonic acid? same as xfacor. it oxidizes if you pan fry or scramble them, but if you hard boil you get it all.

How many is too many? no such thing outside of total calorie count. 3 dozen whole eggs a day as a dozen each of your 3 main meals would be totally fine, there is 0 decent science supporting any risk from that, if anything it would help optimize your hormone levels.
I think you'd just get really sick of eating eggs if you ate that many

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
same could easily be said about chicken breast :)
I eat shredded chicken breast (I do this myself) at most once a day and I'm already sick of chicken!

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
yeah gotta switch to thighs once or twice

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
I eat so much fking chicken breast I'm surprised I'm not a half chicken half man by now.

bigoz801

bigoz801

Awards
Eggs are key to building solid muscle. Has everything you need for an all day digesting protein. I take a cup of the flavored muscle egg yolks every morning for a slow digesting protein through out the day. Check them out kinda pricey but worth it. Muscleegg.com

bigoz801

bigoz801

Awards
I take about 10 egg whites in the morning and 4 whole eggs.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I eat my eggs. I don't know how/why you would say you "take" your eggs.

Do all you have to offer the forum is to jump around from thread to thread trying to pick on how people phrase their words? Offer something constructive or go away.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I ate some eggs yesterday. Fried them up and left the yolks a little runny. Today my farts smell like eggs really bad.

theniteman

theniteman

Awards
I ate some eggs yesterday. Fried them up and left the yolks a little runny. Today my farts smell like eggs really bad.
Hahahahaha :)

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards

I could be wrong, but it was my understanding that newer research suggested dietary cholesterol had little if any effect on HDL/LDL levels in the body.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
I was told by a friend of mine, who is a certified nutritionist, that most people don't really even need to worry about cholesterol unless you have a history of high cholesterol in your family or have been diagnosed with it.

inda11

inda11

Awards
I take about 10 egg whites in the morning and 4 whole eggs.
How do you cook them? I omelette mine due to time restraints. 5 whole eggs. Its alot to eat don't think i could eat 14 eggs! Especially with oats aswell.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I could be wrong, but it was my understanding that newer research suggested dietary cholesterol had little if any effect on HDL/LDL levels in the body.
0 effect.

I was told by a friend of mine, who is a certified nutritionist, that most people don't really even need to worry about cholesterol unless you have a history of high cholesterol in your family or have been diagnosed with it.
high cholesterol without high triglycerides hasn't been shown to have any health risks. Most people who have high cholesterol also do have high triglycerides, but you don't have to. You can get to relatively high cholesterol levels eating a keto diet, but your triglycerides will be really low

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOLOLOLOL. :p

He does the same to me. He is just messing around ;)

Do all you have to offer the forum is to jump around from thread to thread trying to pick on how people phrase their words? Offer something constructive or go away.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To the users who eat so much dang chicken. I love chicken but HATE cooking it every stinking day. Even the George Foreman is a pain in the butt to clean IMO. How are you cooking yours?

I love eggs but these are also a pain to clean after cooking (even boilng stinks b/c u have to peel them) :p
Also, Egg Beaters have a relatively higher sodium content oherwise, that would make things slightly easier. Im salt-sensitive (go figure)

I swear if I was rich, the first thing I'd do would be to hire a chef. I am so tired of cooking all my meals.

Sorry for rant.

inda11

inda11

Awards
To the users who eat so much dang chicken. I love chicken but HATE cooking it every stinking day. Even the George Foreman is a pain in the butt to clean IMO. How are you cooking yours?

I love eggs but these are also a pain to clean after cooking (even boilng stinks b/c u have to peel them) :p
Also, Egg Beaters have a relatively higher sodium content oherwise, that would make things slightly easier. Im salt-sensitive (go figure)

I swear if I was rich, the first thing I'd do would be to hire a chef. I am so tired of cooking all my meals.

Sorry for rant.
omelette your eggs. Literally takes five minutes from start to washing your pan. I grill my chicken breast but steaming chicken is hassle free just takes about 35 minutes.