Tips on how to eat more

newman897

newman897

Awards
None have any tips on how to eat more?

What drives you?

I love being in the gym working out and I know to grow you have to eat. I just have this mental block I can't get past where I have to force myself to eat more to get enough in each day. Anyone got some tips ?

bulk up man

Awards
Eat more carbs. I put on weight by eating whole wheat bread. And I snack on pecans for an afternoon snack. Nuts have fat and the bread has carbs. Not only am I putting on more weight but I am putting on more muscle.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Sometimes it can be easier to drink your calories (not soft drinks and things).

I struggled to bulk at first too, considering how little I used to eat, now i just blend food and drink it haha. Will still full you up, but definatly takes less time to drink than to eat so if you drink fast enough, your body wont register how full you are until after your done.

Tboz

Banned
Awards
A shake or two will always help fill those extra cals you want.

Also you need to slowly increase your meals over time.. For example star with 4 full meals a day then slowly add in a snack and a shake. few days later change snack to a small meal and gradually keep increasing food intake

How many meals you getting in now?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Snacks will do... Peanut butter <---

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
A shake or two will always help fill those extra cals you want.

Also you need to slowly increase your meals over time.. For example star with 4 full meals a day then slowly add in a snack and a shake. few days later change snack to a small meal and gradually keep increasing food intake

How many meals you getting in now?
This. Gradually increase food intake. Your body will adapt to an increase in food eventually.

newman897

newman897

Awards
I get 3 meals and a snack I guess I wouldn't call the fourth one a meal.

And I do use the blending idea I make fruit smoothies bananas strawberries and oats

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
Drink your calories bud. Its been proven tbat drinking calories doesnt trigger that full feeling the same way eating them does. When i bulk, i finish each meal with 2-3 cups of milk. I bulk with skim like a fool but 2% should be fine

If u want a bulkers shake. Blend protein, milk, dextrose or groud oats, and peanutbutter. Peanutbutter is dense as hell and will make this type of shake easily 600-800 calories

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
Ice cream works the same as dextrose. So if youre into dirty bulking, get exotic and add anything u want. Otherwise just grind steal cut oats into dust using a blender or food processor and throw that in there. It wont taste nearly as good but its still palitable

ToNNNNyT

Awards
What drives me to eat more is the fact that I lost over 100 pounds and yet my stomach size didnt reduce I can still eat as if I was 305 pounds :/

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Weight Loss 6
Weight Loss 0
ikeNball Nutrition / Health 46
jason267 Cycle Logs 8
Weight Loss 10