Starting my first bulk, need some tips.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. 2 lbs a month is a very lean bulk. At least u wont have to cut very muchif at all later lol


  2. Quote Originally Posted by BeBuff View Post
    Thanks guys for quick answers, could anyone give me a good workout routine? based on building mass and size.

    Anyway repped you guys.
    Gotta say it is impressive seeing someone so young with a fully mapped out nutrition plan, and with dedication. DC is a good suggestion, maybe also look into 5/3/1 Boring But Big
    •   
       


  3. I would say 17ish. Around 11-12 most people will see some abs (usually the top 4)

  4. Quote Originally Posted by BeBuff View Post
    Two days into my bulk today, feeling great, bulking up to 180 pound (Is that an ok weight to hit to look decent after cut?)

    Trying to keep my fat low, if i see that i have not added much fat at 180 pounds, then i keep going on.

    I aim for 2 pounds a month, also using a 4 day split looking like this:

    Day1: Chest/Biceps
    day2: Leg/calves
    Day3: Rest day, but doing abs and forearms
    day4: Back
    day5: Shoulders/Tricpes
    I hate two things about your workout. First, putting shoulders and triceps right before chest is the stupidest thing possible. When you go to do chest, every other main muscle needed will fail. You will not be able to get up 1/2 the weight you should be because your tris and shoulders already gave out from being worked so hard the day before. Second, why would you work forearms on day 3 and not with biceps? They got hit so hard on bicep day, why are you killing them again 48 hours later?

  5. Quote Originally Posted by jbonez View Post
    I hate two things about your workout. First, putting shoulders and triceps right before chest is the stupidest thing possible. When you go to do chest, every other main muscle needed will fail. You will not be able to get up 1/2 the weight you should be because your tris and shoulders already gave out from being worked so hard the day before. Second, why would you work forearms on day 3 and not with biceps? They got hit so hard on bicep day, why are you killing them again 48 hours later?
    Its a 5 day workout plan. There are seven days in a week.. ergo, for two days after shoulders and triceps he is resting (or so it would seem) before he hits chest. Also, forearms dont nessersairly get killed in bicep day, unless you add in exercises that will (e.g. hammer curls). Forearm specific exercises deatcivate the biceps (to an extent) to allow the brachioradialis (forearm muscle) to become more activated. Im not saying that you need a whole day for these exercises, however just relying on curls to build them is not a good way to go about it.

    However, if you rotate your plan every 5 days (e.g. no set days off) then definiatly reconsider where you place triceps and shoulders. As jbones said, you wont be able to do half what you could than if your muscles were rested adequatly.
    •   
       


  6. What would be a decent weight for a 5"7 to look like he is build.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by BeBuff View Post
    What would be a decent weight for a 5"7 to look like he is build.
    Like I said, don't worry about numbers so much. This changes from person to person. I could throw in a number, but how would we know for sure?

  8. He put in rest day for Day 3, seems only logical that he would've put rest day for 6 & 7 as well if they were rest days. Just the way I saw it..

  9. I got a really soft look, you guys think that if i bulk that i can add more mass to my chest..etc, and get a harder look then a saggy and soft look, like my chest is very saggy and small.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by BeBuff
    Is my bodyfat to high to start a bulk? 15 bf, also starting westside for skinny bastards next week, is that a good routine?
    Joe D is one of the best. I really enjoyed WS4SB when I played football in high school.

  11. very good wish i cared that much at that age ha

  12. Quote Originally Posted by BeBuff
    I got a really soft look, you guys think that if i bulk that i can add more mass to my chest..etc, and get a harder look then a saggy and soft look, like my chest is very saggy and small.
    Soft = fat. Small= lack of muscle. You can bulk at 15% and be successful, but personally I wouldn't be comfortable getting that high in bf.

  13. dude start bulking..especially your chest and shoulders. Cut & tone your abs & legs. Also, a little color wouldn't hurt haha.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Starting Cycle of AndroLean - Any tips
    By iconrider in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-10-2012, 03:34 PM
  2. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-31-2011, 05:19 PM
  3. Starting A Cutting Diet, Tips Please
    By AnGuS in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 01:42 PM
  4. Any tips for taking bulk GTE?
    By McBurly in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-23-2006, 10:30 PM
  5. I'm starting this next week..need some cardio tips
    By hamper19 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-12-2003, 10:08 PM
Log in
Log in