SR83

SR83

Awards
Ok my stats

22 years old
5'6
200 lbs
15% bf

Heres what I have planned and have been doing for the past week. Feel free to be honest.

3300 calories
400g carbs
200g protein
100g fat

The majority of my calories are from clean sources. No fastfood or anything

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Calories seem really low for bulking up at all. I'd cut at 3k calories.

I'd suggest adding another 1k/day to see any gains on the scale imo.

What have u seen at 3.3k/day so far and what were u doing before that?

SR83

SR83

Awards
Calories seem really low for bulking up at all. I'd cut at 3k calories.

I'd suggest adding another 1k/day to see any gains on the scale imo.

What have u seen at 3.3k/day so far and what were u doing before that?
I calculated it out and it said my maintenance was 2800, so I was eating about 2400 to cut a bit and last week bumped it up to 3300 calories. I just dont want to gain a ton of fat

SR83

SR83

Awards
If I was to up it to 3800 to try what would I up by 500? More carbs? Protein?

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I doubt 2800 covers your bmr plus daily energy expenditure including workouts. Only way to fund out is to try it for a while and find out what happens. You can always up your cals more later.

Just make sure u hit 1-1.5g protein/lb if bodyweight and 0.5-0.8g fat/lb bodyweight and fill in the rest if the cals how u want. I eat 4000-4500 cals/day with 300-400g protein 300-500g carb and 100-130g fats works well for me. Good energy level and good muscle gain. My macros are around 40/35/25 c/p/f.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh btw I'm 5'10" 179lbs and have been gaining about 1/2-3/4lb per week with these calories. And I work a desk job.

SR83

SR83

Awards
Cool thanks guys. I will bump it up and see how my body responds.

mathewchaff

Awards
i have similar stats let me know how it works out for you im trying to find my balance as well

fauzool

Awards
At least be eating 3,300+ calories, but I recommend low carb days the days u are not lifting and replace the carbs with protein. You will have a much better chance of not gaining as much fat.

BigDawgBite

Awards
I like the proportions but up the calories brotha, if you are working out hard at 22 years old you should be burning tons of calories. Try and keep it clean, stuff your face, GET HUGE! Best of luck to you

salve

Awards
up your protein. go for 1g of protein for every pound of TARGET body weight

SR83

SR83

Awards
I like the proportions but up the calories brotha, if you are working out hard at 22 years old you should be burning tons of calories. Try and keep it clean, stuff your face, GET HUGE! Best of luck to you
Im hitting 4000. Gunna bump to 4500 see how it goes. Thanks man

SR83

SR83

Awards
Just realized I never updated this thread. Been bulking on a cycle for about a month. My macros have been
4000 cals
500g carbs
250g protein
110g fats

musclehead24

Awards
questions regarding your nutrition

wondering where your calories are coming from, sources of protein, what sources are your fats and carbs and if your timing out your meals.

SR83

SR83

Awards
wondering where your calories are coming from, sources of protein, what sources are your fats and carbs and if your timing out your meals.
Protein sources are chicken/beef/turkey, I switch it up every couple of weeks. Eggs, protein shakes, I eat a lot of natural peanut butter so theres a little there

Carbs I try to eat a lot of oatmeal, its easier for me to eat. Whole wheat pasta, rice on occasion. Occasional whole wheat toast with my eggs. I eat a banana or 2 everyday

Fats I get mostly from eggs, if I am low as its getting to evening time ill throw a tablespoon or 2 of extra virgin olive oil into my protein shake

evodrag

Awards
For me when I go up past 3.7K cals I start putting on too much fat. Everyone is different. Younger lifters can eat more for sure. As Use to eat 4000cals a day in high school and was 5'10 140 soaking wet. Find out what works for you. Id measure your waist weekly and watch your morning bodyweight. If you gain a ton of BF itll just make you lose more muscle during the cut.