I need advice... Badly!!! please read...

Iceberg99

Awards
hi, i'm a 20 year old boy: 5'9" 131.34 lbs or 59.something kg. I am on my summer break and i really really want to bulk up to about 70kg.

I've wasted so many hours on research into this that now i'm more confused then ever so i need outside perspective from other ppl who have done/are doing this successfully.

I work out 3 times a week and i follow this "universal body building training program" pdf i found online. it seemed awesome at first, now i'm not sure: I've been eating a lot, mostly protein and kinda started to shun away all forms of carbs and fats and stuff that is not protein.(is that a mistake?) My routine:

Monday: 7-8am football evening half hour strength training (heavier weights 12 reps 1 set)
tuesday: same time football ---
wednesday: football evening gym
thursday: football ---
friday: football gym
saturday: football ---
sunday: rest

1) Is this too ambitious? if not please tell me how i need to support all this through the right nutrition? cuz otherwise the rest of my day is low-moderate physical activity and i'm ready to modify the rest of my day/week to suite this!
2) For bulking up, what is needed more: protein or calories? Google drove me crazy trying to answer this question.
3) Anything else relevant or helpful?

Please note: gym activity is basically same exercises 3 times a week and changes every week to concentrate on diff sets of muscles.
4) is this the right approach?
5) how helpfull will it be if i sacrifice football for however much basic running(cardio)? i mean like how much muscle mass can i gain with VS without football?

I realize these are a lot of questions but i really need this info cuz these 2-3 months is the only time i'll get to indulge in things i really want to do: mainly NOT STUDYING and i really want to make the most of my time.

if u cant/dont want to answer all my questions please answer any that u can strongly advise me about. divide and conquer. anything will help.

Thanks a lot..

CPennington

CPennington

Awards
One thing I will say first off is that if you naturally have a hard time gaining weight then it seems like all the running at football could definitely be a hinderance, you'll have to account and make up for the calories lost there in your diet. Also I wouldn't just not eat any carbs or fats, protein is important but the others have their place too especially with all the physical activity you're doing if you're not getting enough carbs you're going to feel tired and slow at practice and you're workouts will suffer as well.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
STOP POSTING THE SAME QUESTION IN MULTIPLE SUBFORUMS!!!

Good lord, kid, pull your head out of your ass. Same post, no less than 5 different places. If I was a mod, I'd ban you.

Iceberg99

Awards
yeah sorry, i knew i'd be pissing a few ppl off but i wanted to ask as many ppl as possible. Google really pissed me off today. again sorry to all those who read my post 5 times.

i agree, I'd ban me too on anyother day.

johnathan1995

johnathan1995

Awards
You gotta lessen the football if you want to bulk up.and increase your amount of calories and don't cut out the carbs and fat.take in same amount of carbs as your protein or more if you want a lil more weight and healthy fats such as fish oil and nuts.workout wise make sure u get all muscle groups trained by doing more compound movements like dead lifts,squats,bench pressed,pull ups,chins,dumbbell or barbell rows and some isolation moves are okay as well.be consistent and increase your intensity once in a while by doing more reps,sets or less rest time.go to bodybuilding.com if you want more info rather than just google.:)

johnathan1995

johnathan1995

Awards
You gotta lessen the football if you want to bulk up.and increase your amount of calories and don't cut out the carbs and fat.take in same amount of carbs as your protein or more if you want a lil more weight and healthy fats such as fish oil and nuts.workout wise make sure u get all muscle groups trained by doing more compound movements like dead lifts,squats,bench pressed,pull ups,chins,dumbbell or barbell rows and some isolation moves are okay as well.be consistent and increase your intensity once in a while by doing more reps,sets or less rest time.go to bodybuilding.com if you want more info rather than just google..just eat lots of food bro.take in the right carbs and try to decrease the cardio but don't entirely stop them.:)

johnathan1995

johnathan1995

Awards
And remember!you grow while resting so make sure you get enough rest and sleep.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
hi, i'm a 20 year old boy: 5'9" 131.34 lbs or 59.something kg. I am on my summer break and i really really want to bulk up to about 70kg.

I've wasted so many hours on research into this that now i'm more confused then ever so i need outside perspective from other ppl who have done/are doing this successfully.

I work out 3 times a week and i follow this "universal body building training program" pdf i found online. it seemed awesome at first, now i'm not sure: I've been eating a lot, mostly protein and kinda started to shun away all forms of carbs and fats and stuff that is not protein.(is that a mistake?) My routine:

Monday: 7-8am football evening half hour strength training (heavier weights 12 reps 1 set)
tuesday: same time football ---
wednesday: football evening gym
thursday: football ---
friday: football gym
saturday: football ---
sunday: rest

1) Is this too ambitious? if not please tell me how i need to support all this through the right nutrition? cuz otherwise the rest of my day is low-moderate physical activity and i'm ready to modify the rest of my day/week to suite this!
2) For bulking up, what is needed more: protein or calories? Google drove me crazy trying to answer this question.
3) Anything else relevant or helpful?

Please note: gym activity is basically same exercises 3 times a week and changes every week to concentrate on diff sets of muscles.
4) is this the right approach?
5) how helpfull will it be if i sacrifice football for however much basic running(cardio)? i mean like how much muscle mass can i gain with VS without football?

I realize these are a lot of questions but i really need this info cuz these 2-3 months is the only time i'll get to indulge in things i really want to do: mainly NOT STUDYING and i really want to make the most of my time.

if u cant/dont want to answer all my questions please answer any that u can strongly advise me about. divide and conquer. anything will help.

Thanks a lot..
Lol...Dude You GOTTA weight more for your size , only 2 ways to do it:

-The right natural way
-The "Listen to the advice we tell you here way"

And you gotta do both.

First off , you are an ectomorph, better start getting used to eating A LOT , and to lessen that many football OR be prepared to eat way more , 6 days a week of football without strength training would put you around 4000 kCals at your size dude to gain a bit of weight or actually keep that weight , throw in resistance training and strength training and you will need around 5-8000 kCals and a LOT of sleep, lessen up on the cardio and sports , get your BMR straight and macros too , only thing you can do is EAT EAT EAT...Loats of red meats , healthy fats , complex carbs , heck at your weight throw in sugars and simple carbs too! Go for a pizza every other day , have icecream , and for football go for powerlifting training I would say , try wendler 5/3/1 or stronglifts 5x5 , you need to weight WAY more than you do dude...only way is to eat!

Iceberg99

Awards
Haha pizza every other day,ice cream, i wish my dad was on this forum He would freak the **** out.
SO basically, eat like the Hulk. this is gonna be kinda hard cuz right now i dont look like bruce banner, forget hulk, i'm more like bruce banner's anorexic nephew who unfortunately doesnt have any real superpower.

but seriously though, i know appetites grow when u train but u gotta take it up gradually right? I mean i'm naturally gonna feel more hungry...Do i just eat to satisfy this hunger or do i eat more then that constantly i've tried that before and that caused acid reflux.

and i'm gonna try out the routines suggested..thanks guys!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Haha pizza every other day,ice cream, i wish my dad was on this forum He would freak the **** out.
SO basically, eat like the Hulk. this is gonna be kinda hard cuz right now i dont look like bruce banner, forget hulk, i'm more like bruce banner's anorexic nephew who unfortunately doesnt have any real superpower.

but seriously though, i know appetites grow when u train but u gotta take it up gradually right? I mean i'm naturally gonna feel more hungry...Do i just eat to satisfy this hunger or do i eat more then that constantly i've tried that before and that caused acid reflux.

and i'm gonna try out the routines suggested..thanks guys!
You don't eat for satisfaction while on a bulk...sure it will be there , but you eat for fuel and calories to give yah the results you need!!.

Using a basic BMR and TDEE equation you need at least 3000 kCals a day to stay the same , lets go for a little surplus of 10% you would need 3300 kCals to grow a bit every day (considering the fact that you simply are lazy to eat or not good at it at the moment , and not that you have a super fast metabolism) So that places you at around 200g of protein 90g of fat and 430g of carbs a day...Not that hard to reach actually , just keep it mind , you could use bro-science diets like typical 6-8 meals a day (which work fine don't worry) or more novel diets like Lean Gains and Carb Back Loading , now keep in mind this is a clean calorie countdown , coming from lean sources of protein , complex carbs and healthy fats. Don't be afraid to cheat and eat w.e crosses your path added to all of this...at your height you HAVE to weight more. Hunger does go up with resistance training since the metabolism gets ramped up , but don't rely on that , learn to eat a lot , think fuel , think growth!

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
you posted this thread 3+ times....

read the forum rules or GTFO.

awild1797

Awards
Dont give up the carbs my man! But moderate them wisely :ntome:

kawanakid

kawanakid

Awards
like celorza said, You need to eat like a champion. Every two hours you should be eating foods with protein, good carbs, and good fats. It can be hard to work out whats best for someone because everyone is different. My advise would be speak to a personal trainer. Google muscle building diets and food, and good training techniques. Training legs is important too. Its the biggest muscle group and by training it, it releases natural hormones that will help build the rest of your body. Make sure you are getting 8 hours of sleep a night because rest is VERY important. Change your routines every 6 weeks so you dont plateu and keep track of how much you are lifting and how many reps and sets so you can keep improving. Your best friend should be google and books so you aint wasting your time. KNOWLEDGE IS THE KEY!!!!! and you need to workout what is the best way to reach your goals with work, sports, social life and finances.

Iceberg99

Awards
ok OVEREAT..that doesnt sound great but i know what u mean.. i'll start abusing my fridge.. Great Thanx!

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok OVEREAT..that doesnt sound great but i know what u mean.. i'll start abusing my fridge.. Great Thanx!
Dudes got a bad attitude...try pinning 750mg of test and 200mg of tren a week and you will get there...that what you want to hear?

kawanakid

kawanakid

Awards
No mate, you gotta eat about 6 small meals a day. A mixture of protein, good carbs, and good fats. Do research mate, just don't eat rubbish. You have to be training hard too and more often. Like I said, google, read and understand what your doing and why your doing it. Diet is just as important as the training and rest.

CPennington

CPennington

Awards
All pretty true accept the 6 small meals, that's one way to go but not necessary. IE, lean gains, 2-4 meals a day