Bodybuilding/clean bulking foods

johnathan1995

johnathan1995

Awards
Guys,can you help me to list out food that are easy to get and doesnt empty one's wallet.food that contain lots of clean carbs and protein to help in building muscle or bulking.gonna get to a clean diet from now on cos I haven't been really watching my diet so I kinda gained some muscle but also some fat especially in my tummy region.done some research but I wanna know more on the simple stuff that you guys take in day in day out to get all the nutrients needed.need more ideas!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
oats, essential fats (olive oil, peanuts, almonds, peanut butter, avacado) sweet potatoes, meats, eggs, whole milk, etc.....

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ground meat: turkey,beef,chicken(lean of course),eggs and egg whites,tuna,protein(I only use WPI),almonds,brown rice,oatmeal,yams. These all can be purchased in bulk and are not too expensive. The WPI can be though. Chicken breast and steak get thrown into the mix whenever but get pricey. Veggies are cheap and added to the mix as well. I have 4 lbs of ground chicken(taco seasoned) and a lrg tupperware of brown rice sitting in my fridge as I type. It is an easy meal at all times.

johnathan1995

johnathan1995

Awards
Thanks guys,can I substitute my carbs with mostly veggies,yam,oats and wholemeal bread and not take rice?is the carbs enough for me to bulk and build muscle?.because my family takes white rice and I do not think they're willing to change to brown rice because of me but If i take white rice on my workout days is it alright?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
White rice will be no problem champ

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
cottage cheese + peanut butter, lean meats, eggs are staple, jerky, expensive but awesome is sashimi (i treat myself weekly instead of spending $ on booze) - dont be afraid of seasonings, etc. to make - for example - chicken have varierty (or any other staple food)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ground beef, chicken, brown rice, sweet potato, fish, turkey

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
ground beef, chicken, brown rice, sweet potato, fish, turkey
Agreed but sub quinoa for the brown rice. Gets you a few more grams of protein and tastes a hell of a lot better.

johnathan1995

johnathan1995

Awards
Thanks guys for the great help,gonna start with my clean bulk soon.

Ripley

Awards
weekly sashimi! great idea!! thanks
cottage cheese + peanut butter, lean meats, eggs are staple, jerky, expensive but awesome is sashimi (i treat myself weekly instead of spending $ on booze) - dont be afraid of seasonings, etc. to make - for example - chicken have varierty (or any other staple food)

Ripley

Awards
I chop up a lot of veges.. potatoes, yams, radishes.. any veges, lay them out on a pan and bake them. I can eat a tray of them easy! little soy sauce on them..oil..

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
is the carbs enough for me to bulk and build muscle?
Yes. Absolutely. If your eating in calorie excess. I'm currently doing a masters degree in sport nutrition and would recommend carbs as the main source of calories (while meeting protein intake of course).
And just information for you, most carbohydrates are from plant sources (with SOME exceptions).

sae2110

sae2110

Awards
No problem with white rice, figure it into your macro goals for the day, you're good to go. So long as you are working your ass off in the gym, your body can use simple carbs as well. Me, I like to eat white rice about an hour before workouts, with chicken or whatever a source of protein.

ArmyLife

Awards
Try Quinoa. Its a great protein source too. "one amino acid that Quinoa is especially rich in is lysine. Lysine is the amino acid that is essential for healthy tissue growth as well as repair."

Nutritional value= A quarter of a cup of Quinoa has 160 calories, 2.5 grams of fat (20 calories from fat and 0 grams of saturated fat), 5 mg of sodium, 39g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 0g sugars, 6g protein.