OFF DAY Nutrition?

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
Ill make it simple as I can, I lift 3x a week, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Currently bulking, (4500 cals a day).

Now, this is where im confussed, should I keep the cals that high on OFF days? I hear mixed opinions, some say to LOWER them since your not lifting to help minimize fat gain, while others say keep them HIGH because your growing on off days, and they will help feul your workout days.

Opinions?

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ill make it simple as I can, I lift 3x a week, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Currently bulking, (4500 cals a day).

Now, this is where im confussed, should I keep the cals that high on OFF days? I hear mixed opinions, some say to LOWER them since your not lifting to help minimize fat gain, while others say keep them HIGH because your growing on off days, and they will help feul your workout days.

Opinions?
Depends really if you NEED the fuel to grow or if you have enough with your 4500 on lifting days.
Are you still making gains?

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
Depends really if you NEED the fuel to grow or if you have enough with your 4500 on lifting days.
Are you still making gains?
NO! Lol, if you see my other threads, I can eat 5000 cals, and my weight is stagnant! Im about 190lbs rite now, still pretty lean.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
NO! Lol, if you see my other threads, I can eat 5000 cals, and my weight is stagnant! Im about 190lbs rite now, still pretty lean.
Yup, then eat more on BOTH days! Lol

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Yup, then eat more on BOTH days! Lol
^ This!! EAT!! And dont be afraid to drop in the cheat meals here and there haha , your metabolism seems to allow enough room for pizza and burgers :p!!

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Have to agree 100% here.

mike2440

mike2440

Awards
i hate fast metabolism!! best thing i ever heard was eat til u wanna throw up then take a few more bites

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agree with all here...keep pounding the grub!! Clean as possible of course.