First PH cycle: German Volume Training V. WSFSB

gmenfan40

Awards
I have no experience with German volume training, but experience with WSFSB. I have experienced very good results with WSFSB, but was considering German volume training for an h-drol cycle. My motto is if it's not broken, don't fix it. Yet i feel like a WSFSB routine may not be enough volume to get the full benefits of a PH cycle. As the workout only takes me 30-45 minutes to complete. Where German volume training seems to have way more volume, and volume IMO can lead to the best potential for growth. Any suggestions? Was thinking of maybe doing German volume training during cycle, then doing WSFSB during PCT, because it's less volume, making it easier to maintain my added gains.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Which version of WS4SB are you using? I can't fathom how it takes you such a short period of time to finish any of the sessions outside of the DE lower body.

gmenfan40

Awards
The third one. I do have a very fast tempo when i lift, and really don't experience much fatigue, due to my conditioning. When doing a max effort lift, i only take 1-2 minute breaks between sets without any fatigue in my next set. It's only getting me stronger to, so i don't believe i'm doing it wrong.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The third one. I do have a very fast tempo when i lift, and really don't experience much fatigue, due to my conditioning. When doing a max effort lift, i only take 1-2 minute breaks between sets without any fatigue in my next set. It's only getting me stronger to, so i don't believe i'm doing it wrong.
Is it a true max effort where you keep going until you can't get a triple? I would keep a fast tempo as well, but there's a good amount of volume in WS4SB especially if you ramp up the intensity and do 4 sets per lift as opposed to 3. My first experience with the template was when I was fighting when my conditioning was at its best and, when done at the correct intensity, it'll still challenge your conditioning. Take every set to 1 rep before failure and then complete failure on the final set.