But i'm about to go to bed...

Benjamin1

Awards
Hello all,

I am on a new program to build muscle and add healthy weight. I now must consume around 3800cals on workout days and about 3100cals on non workout days.

My question to you experienced weight lifters is what if i have eaten like 3000cals on a workout day, and before i realize it, it is already 11pm and about to goto bed. Should I just skip a pre bed meal, eat some cottage cheese/casien shake, or eat a 800cal meal?

Any advice is truly appreciated.

Thanks,
-B

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
One day on slightly lower calories isn't going to affect your gains so try not to over-think things. If you find this happening on a regular basis then you should have a meal plan where you write down what you eat and when so you know that you are going to get the amount of calories that you want.

Ideally you should already have the meal plan written out so you know the exact amount of calories, protein, carbs, and fat you are eating each day.

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
One day on slightly lower calories isn't going to affect your gains so try not to over-think things. If you find this happening on a regular basis then you should have a meal plan where you write down what you eat and when so you know that you are going to get the amount of calories that you want.

Ideally you should already have the meal plan written out so you know the exact amount of calories, protein, carbs, and fat you are eating each day.
agree with war! Its not the end of the world, I personally will just find something like 500mls of milk and a banana or something along those lines, whatever covers the remaining calories.

I like to focus on my proteins/carbs/fats these days then calories (nutrient partioning)

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I usually will pile on some extra food if I need the cals, but thats just me. Usually stick with protein and fat at bedtime since fat will make the protein take longer to digest anyway and give me more hours until my fuel tank runs out.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hit the meal earlier, or consume more calories I guess after your workout. Hitting your rest during a bulk is pretty crucial so don't sacrifice that to eat, if that's an issue.