Bulk

Lankeyguy15

Awards
Hey guys I need some help. After my first P-mag cycle I went up to 195, but now I'm at around 183. This **** sucks balls. So I am trying to go on a natural bulk before my next cycle, the thing is I cant seem to gain weight! Im eating 4000-4300k on workout days and at least 3500 on no workout days. Carbs are around 400-500, Protein is 140-180. I dont know what is wrong because the last time I did a clean bulk this as all I needed, but I was eating more fast food then also, so IF you can throw some advice, that would be great!

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Well, I feel like if youre 180lbs that you should be consuming 180-200g protein. I always follow that, for hypertrophy, one should be consuming 1.0-1.5x bodyweight. 150g would be more like 0.8x which is fine for the average joe but not someone trying to put on serious mass.

Lankeyguy15

Awards
Yea, but i feel like I should be at least gaining something. I also need help trying to put more protein into my diet, besides the two shakes I drink.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How about some meat????

kbabb68

Awards
You should be consuming a gram of protein for each pound you want to weigh. So if you want to weigh 200lbs then take 200 g a day.

Lankeyguy15

Awards
Any suggestions to get more protein? Im strapped for time and get at least 170g a day, but need high calorie foods with good protein

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any suggestions to get more protein? Im strapped for time and get at least 170g a day, but need high calorie foods with good protein
Honestly eat more meat. An 8oz Chicken breast has 50g of protein, is easy to cook, can be mixed with just about anything and tastes pretty darn good. If you need something that travels easier, pick up some jerky (expensive though!), or nuts are alright too. But I make my lunches for the week (3/day) on saturday and just grab them in the morning and go, it's really quite easy. I usually range around 250g of protein/day and 110g of fat and it's really as simple as that.

I work 70+ hours a week and have a 2 year old, I know what strapped for time is. Believe me, this is the best way to do it. Sit down one day and plan everything out, and then take one day a week to cook everything, package it up, and stick it in the fridge. Just make up huge batches of chicken, pork, rice, and steamed veggies and portion them out.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
How about some meat????

Real food is more anabolic. Shakes are great for missing calories but I try to avoid calling them meals in a bulk. 2/day max is my general limit.