NEED HELP BULKING

cobbob

Awards
CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT ON BULKING AS FAR AS HOW MANY REPS / SETS ECT..... THANKS

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
whats ur training history

cobbob

Awards
ive been lifting on and off for a couple years got real serious last summer lifting at least 4 to 5 days a week with buddy we did burn outs on mostly everything i saw good results as far as muscle but than my buddy stop goin and so did i and now im back in tryna get serious again by myself so my ? is should i do burn outs on every set or low reps heavy weight.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT ON BULKING AS FAR AS HOW MANY REPS / SETS ECT..... THANKS
first, get ur mind right. you can bulk with any training routine (unless it involves a high amount of cardio) as long as your diet is set for bulking. second, it really is different for everyone. DC training is good, 5x5 is good for a bulk.

im on my own 3 day split i created. oh, speaking of 3 day splits, more rest the better. i wouldnt go over 4 days/week in the gym unless im cutting.

I go 3 - 6 reps on compound lifts, 8 - 12 on everything else. 3 sets per exercise plus a warmup. there are 24389724923847 different threads asking the same question so if you just research you will find your answer.

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
I just list a couple rules that should always be applied.

1) get ur diet right.
- go to myfitnesspal and set up ur diet. You'll need 1 gram protein per pounds of ur bodyweight. Lots of carbs and healthy fats. Do ur research figure out what the difference is between a 30/30/30 and a 50/25/20 diet both at the same Cal.

2) keep records!
- keep track of your work outs. Make sure every week u up your weight or reps. This was there is no doubt your progressing. You can also tell if ur not progressing something is wrong with diet or rest. Time urself between sets making sure u don't take to little or to much rest!

3) rest
- take at least 2 days week were u stay out of the gym. Remember u grow of the sofa, bed, and in the kitchen not the gym!

That's pretty much all there is to it. Do some research figure out how much Cal's u need find a basic bulking workout routine. Make sure u do the basics as ur primary exercises. Dead lift, squat, bench, barbell rows, and fill the rest in with what works for ya. Best wishes!