Goodbye maltodextrin

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I have always been the type to have a large amount of maltodextrin (around 90 grams) with whey protein after a workout. Recently I decided I wanted to cut out all refined carb sources (to the best of my abilities...can't always avoid when eating out on campus, etc) and this included my post workout carbs. Well I can say after a week of doing this I feel a lot better to be honest. Always felt bloated after workouts with my large shake and now I just drink some whey go home eat a real meal and go about my day. I suggest if you are on the fence about post workout carbs try ditching them and see what happens.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I could never stand that carb slam post workout, mostly it would have me totally ready to fall asleep a half hour later, while feeling like I want to throw up and take a dump at the same time.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've sworn off all refined carbs. Only real sources of sugars here are fruit and I put a tbsp of honey in my pwo shake w/ a banana and some oats. Works for me!

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
I do about 30grams of dextrose in post workout. That makes me feel better without the crash.

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
This past week i've been doing more grains(cereal/wheetibex/cheerios)instead of all fruit with a mix of whey and greek yogurt sometimes or even egg whites,i was doing whey and 3serv of fruit this new post meal seems to work better in the long run just not the instint energy jolt as with all fruit.

Been adding blackstap molassas to canned pumpkin which is realy helping my recovery it feels/looks like.Not the very best tasting thing i came up with but not to bad either with some cinn and waldenfarms pancake syrup!

natas9

natas9

Awards
I could never stand that carb slam post workout, mostly it would have me totally ready to fall asleep a half hour later, while feeling like I want to throw up and take a dump at the same time.

Yeah, that about sums it up.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Same here - I gave that crap up a decade ago. Garbage Bro-Logic :banghead:

Yeah, that about sums it up.

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
When i did try it think it was carb slam to i could actually feel the crash after about 20min.
I really didnt think it tasted real bad as long as i had a good flavored whey powder to put in it.

GeraldNY181

GeraldNY181

Awards
I do the dextrose carb slam during my workout, keeps my energy level up- then I eat a normal meal with a protien shake post workout...works well for me but I am a powerlifter and stay int he gym fora couple of hours with longer rest periods between sets

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
sometimes, after my workouts... ill fast ............ and i havent lost any muscle :)

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
sometimes, after my workouts... ill fast ............ and i havent lost any muscle :)
I do this also... Part of Leangains diet for me. I'm gaining muscle and losing fat.

REAL FOOD = REAL GOODNESS