feedback on clean diet plan for bulk

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would like to get some opinions on this to see if anyone has anything good to suggest for me. My gains have been steady and lean and energy level is pretty good most of the time, so I don't see a problem. Always room for improvement though!

Macros are 40cho-35pro-25fat

430am Homemade protein bar (220cal ~30pro-13cho-5fat), d'anjou pear, assault and bcaa
5-615 Workout (bcaa w/ 1/2 scoop assault intra)
630 PWO shake (whey, casein, oats, soymilk, banana, honey ~650 cals)
830 2 hardboiled egg whites, 1 cup cc, 1/2 cup oats, 1 apple
10 Homemade protein bar, 1/2 cup oats
1230 8oz chicken breast, 1 1/4 cup brown rice
230 2tbsp natty pb on wheat
2-5 1lb raw carrots eaten throughout afternoon
430 4oz pork chop, broccoli/cauliflower 1/2tbsp olive oil
630 dinner (usually pork, steak, chicken or fish, eggs and veggies with olive oil, low carb high fat and protein)
9 2 scoops casein, 1/2tbsp olive oil

Supps: assault pre (switching to maniac+motivate next week), bcaa, glutamine, erase pro + test freak, multis, fish oil, vitamin C, zinc

Only thing I change on non training days is the first two items here, no protein bar, pear and shake. Instead I have 1 cup oats with casein and whey and a piece of fruit.

Totaling 3000-3200cals on rest days, 3600-4000cals on training days. Lifting mon-tues-thurs-fri rest on wed-sat-sun.

Just wondering if there's anything really lacking here or if I'm on the right track.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5'10" 170lbs ~10%bf been on this meal plan for 6wks, up 5-6lbs and no noticeable fat gain so far. I do get some water bloat at night but its gone in the morning.

ae1990

Awards
Possible 1 oz of peanut butter with your pre bed. And post workout go strait whey

jt339

Awards
  • Established
5'10" 170lbs ~10%bf been on this meal plan for 6wks, up 5-6lbs and no noticeable fat gain so far. I do get some water bloat at night but its gone in the morning.
You cannot expect to gain a pound a week of muscle without being on cycle unless you are an untrained beginner. Don't be fooled, you're putting on some fat. I personally had the best luck natty gaining 2 pounds a month. Stayed lean and over the course of 8 months I looked completely different. On cycle, a pound a week.

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
I have to watch my BP closely when I use pork as a staple... It's the worse animal fat you can eat, and is higher in sodium than other options. 4 oz of tuna (caned) or ground turkey is a much better choice and is relatively inexpensive IMHO.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I cut most of the fat off the pork and add the fat back with olive oil instead. I'm getting tired of the pork now, may switch to some sirloin or something.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You cannot expect to gain a pound a week of muscle without being on cycle unless you are an untrained beginner. Don't be fooled, you're putting on some fat. I personally had the best luck natty gaining 2 pounds a month. Stayed lean and over the course of 8 months I looked completely different. On cycle, a pound a week.
I was really looking at it and I have gained fat but the added muscle makes it almost unnoticeable. If I had to be realistic I'd say probably 1/4-1/3 of the weight is fat. I seem to be holding a lot of water the last few days (up two lbs in 3 days), I'm going to lower my surplus for a couple weeks and maybe run slight deficit on rest days to clean myself out.

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
lower your carbs you need to be at maintenance on your carbs (or just below maintenance) if you feel lethargic you have dropped cabs too low that will keep you burning fat

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i'm going to try +200 cals on training days -400 on rest days for the next 2 weeks. Also increasing H20 intake to ~2gals a day to clear out water retention. I've been piling extra calories into carbs, but for the next 2 weeks I'm going to hit 200-250g carbs and put all remaining extra calories (after hitting/exceeding base protein needs) into good fats to keep hormone production high. Hopefully a 2 week stint of this should help to clean me up a bit, then I'll go back to straight bulk @ +300cals/day instead of +500 to keep BF% down. Also might add a sprint day every week and treat that as a "rest" day as far as cals go.